Tomatekh's New Civilizations

I really enjoy using the Goths. For some reason, when playing against Kiev, Kiev is evil! They are constantly at war and go right for their nearest City State to take over. Cant Wait for Libya! Colors should be that sand background and black outland!

I'll check what AI I gave the leader. He shouldn't be a complete warmonger. Also, I might do two Libya civs, actually. An ancient one and a more modernish-one.

Hi everyone, the Benin on the workshop has a DLC dependency with the Denmark-Viking DLC as I wanted to use the Motte Improvement graphic for Benin's UI, the Iya. Initially, I was just going to separate it from the scenario but apparently the game gets crash heavy if you try to reload the landmark system.

So, as I don't want to alienate people from using my mod for an aesthetic reason, I have also made a version which does not have the dependency:

View attachment Benin No-DLC (Gods and Kings) (v 8).civ5mod

This mod is identical to the standard version, except the Iya uses the Barbarian Camp graphic. Until whatever problem with the landmark system is worked out, it's the best compromise. I will keep both versions of Benin identical. Do not load them both in the same game.

For people coming here from Steam, to install this version, simply download the mod file (above) and place it in your Mods folder; usually My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS.

Just wanted to say your work is of incredible quality, and your Civs feel like real Civs - I love playing both as them and against them. :D

Thanks for Benin , when will Champa be ready? ^_^

Champa is going to be a while off. Doing Benin I learned how much of a pain UI graphics are (basically any attempt to use custom UI graphics and reload the landmark system causes the game to get very crash heavy). My plan for Champa was to give them a unique improvement; the square coastal wells they used to facilitate their maritime network and are still used today. However, without an easy way to give them an original graphic I feel I should hold off on Champa until something can be done. By then, maybe some modders would have also made some Asian influenced Naval unit graphics as well which would also help as they really should get a naval UU.

Do you have any of the older versions of your civs uploaded anywhere? I was an absolute moron earlier and I ended up updating Benin without thinking and now all my saves are inaccessible because I didn't have a backup of the older version personally, even though the actual Civ wasn't even in the game. Yes, yes, I know, I'm an idiot and I should've been paying more attention, but I really don't know what else I can do now to correct it, if anything.

Do you have any of the older versions of your civs uploaded anywhere? I was an absolute moron earlier and I ended up updating Benin without thinking and now all my saves are inaccessible because I didn't have a backup of the older version personally, even though the actual Civ wasn't even in the game. Yes, yes, I know, I'm an idiot and I should've been paying more attention, but I really don't know what else I can do now to correct it, if anything.

This should be the original version. I say should as its marked as version 1 and it's time stamped 3 days ago, but I'm not 100% sure (I may have edited it independently). It's the only earlier copy I have, unless you need the non-DLC version in which case I have another one.

View attachment 331405

This should be the original version. I say should as its marked as version 1 and it's time stamped 3 days ago, but I'm not 100% sure (I may have edited it independently). It's the only earlier copy I have, unless you need the non-DLC version in which case I have another one.

View attachment 331405
Yep, that fixed it right up. Now I can finally finish my game. Thank you so much!

Great work with the mods Tomatekh! I especially like Benin, would you be okay if I included it in Zambezi with credit to you? And would you be able to do some leader diplo screens, as they're the only thing we can't do currently. Cheers!

Just posted an update for Sumer and Kievan Rus'. The main change is that the dummy UA buildings are now invisible. I also re-did a lot of art and added the missing alpha atlases, so the "Known Issues/To Do" list of both civs are now completely done and all their problems ironed out.

The update for the Timurids is coming it just might be a while. It has a lot more art I need to re-do, most notably the map.

The Goths need a balance update, I know. I just have to figure out how to write the LUA. It doesn't even need a complex code; when a goth land unit pillages, heal it x amount (currently it uses an xml tag which only lets you heal completely instead of a specific amount). I can write the end of it, I just don't know how to start it. If anyone knows LUA and wants to help me out? I breezed through Civ IV's Python, but V's Lua just doesn't click with me for some reason. :/

Libya is programmed, I just need to finish making the art. I don't really have an estimate as I'm going to be busy this weekend and maybe next week.

That's an awesome map, definately looks like Vanilla. I wonder what it would look like with HandTIMES instead of that font, might give it a bit of a weathered feel?

I've actually been looking for a font like that for a while! I didn't know what one was called, or even how to search for one, thank you for pointing it out! HandTIMES! I'll see how it looks on the maps. I've just been using Baskerville, for, I have no idea what reason. It might have been the default my program was set to.

Updated the Timurids. The UA dummy building should now be invisible. Added the missing Alpha Atlases. I also re-did almost all the art (Still looking for a better background for the leader scene, though).

Related to that...

This is just out of curiosity, but the Timurids are the least popular of my civs both here and on Steam. Anyone who visits this thread want to guess why? Are their bonuses not good? Do people just not care about the Timurids as their own civ? Any thoughts?

Top Bottom