Term 2 - Nominations for President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
The Leader of the Executive Branch is the President.
The Deputy of the Presidency is the Vice President.
The Vice President assumes all powers and responsibilities of the Presidency during the absence of the President.
Organizes decisions on what to do with Great Leaders.
Organizes worker activities.
Organizes policy, plans and agendas for departments when these have not been set by a department.
Organizes policy, plans and agendas for items and activities that have not been defined as a task of an individual department or leader.

The President is also at the top of the Chain of Command, and so will be responsible for playing the game whenever available.

Please Accept or Decline any nominations you receive.

I accept.
(10 char limit)

I Second both CT and DZ

I support both Chieftess and Davshack.

ooooooo who to support, my support goes behind CT, DZ, rik and dave,

@curu maybe depends whether i have anything better to do :D

Question For The Candidates

What days and times are you going to be holding the Turn Chats?

Although things may get a little tight on time, I'll Accept this nomination for a 2nd term. :)

I'm leaning towards using the same general turnchat schedule as term 2:

• Every 3 or 4 days
  • Weekdays either 0600PDT or 2200PDT (GMT-7)
  • Weekends afternoon PDT (usually 1600PDT)
  • Willing to schedule some times that the VP (or next in CoC) would play.

Thank you, Gulliver, but I must Decline. There are as always, plenty of qualified candidates for President. I am running for Chief Justice again.
:goodjob:

To all candidates for President:

1. What are your goals for the upcoming term?

2. You have several ministers bickering and working against each other. How would you handle this?

3. How do you view the current status of our nation?

4. How will you organize worker actions during this term?

5. A posted instruction is blatently, obviously stupid, foolish and counter-productive. How would you handle the situation?

6. Why should I vote for you?

-- Ravensfire

First off, I'll also have turnchats twice a week, most likely Wednesday evenings (7:00pm EDT), and Sunday afternoon (12:00pm EDT).

To take bring our nation into prominence. Probably a war or two will be in order to establish a good base to work with. I will also give detailed updates during the turnchats (found in the turnchat logs), giving a record of instructions, what's going on in-between turns (such as AI troop movement, wars, trades, etc.), and report anything changes in research/income/strategy that may occur during the game (i.e., due to a new city being founded/captured, trade deal, war, peace, acquiring a resource, etc.).

2. You have several ministers bickering and working against each other. How would you handle this?

Try to make sure that atleast the will of the people is followed. If their bickering causes disruption in the game, then it's up to the judicary to handle any complaints, and finally, a 3rd party to step in.

Game-wise, It's got a lot of potential, although we do need to work on our workforce (workers).

First, I would adamantly request more workers. I'd also stack workers by 3s for roads and mining. If there is a settler to be built, I'll make sure that a road is built for that settler to quickly reach their destination. A roadnet should also be established, much like railnets are.

5. A posted instruction is blatently, obviously stupid, foolish and counter-productive. How would you handle the situation?

I would talk to the advisor who posted that instruction. If it's a minor one, I'll let it go, but make sure they don't do it again. If it's a major one (i.e., some trade deal that could hurt our reputation if we go to war), then I'll most likely stop the chat.

Because I have much more experience, and I'm very detailed at presenting the whole picture in the turnchat, rather than leaving the citizentry hanging for minutes on end.

Question for the Canidates.

Would you be willing to give the Vice President a chance at a Turn Chat at some point in the term? :)

That brings up a good question CivGeneral.

What are the presidential candidates thoughts on the entire Chain of Command system and on the vice presidential duties and whether or not he/she should be elected, appointed, or run as your partner?

We need to have a clear lead in the game score as soon as possible. That means getting as much of the unclaimed land as possible and being prepared to take a little more from one of our neighbors if necessary.

Publicly I try to make sure each person's contributions are recognized, and try to get them to work towards a common ground. Privately I try to coach them on how to conduct their affairs in a more professional manner, and how to make their point in a positive manner. If any serious game-changing decisions are being disrupted, I take a more active role in advocating the more correct course of action (note I don't say the right course of action -- both could be right, we're after the slightly better one). I also work public opinion towards a kinder, gentler nation.

In game we're in pretty good shape though we don't often place enough emphasis on workers in demogames, which could hurt us. We overlook a lot of trade possibilities, in particular letting opponents have a tech when they're the only ones which don't have it, and in being aggressive about buying workers. We need to get a second luxury connected so that we can run at higher populations and stay happy.

In the forum we apear to have stabilized, however we are in danger of apathetica taking over again as evidenced by the low turnout for nominations.

Once we have enough workers to organize, priorities are connecting the high population cities to the road net so that luxuries can flow, connecting to resources, and developing production tiles ahead of growth.

I check instructions well before the chat, and try to contact the responsible party to get it changed as soon as I notice it. If the official won't change and there is time, I sponsor a poll to make wotp clear. This usually is popular with the people but ruffles some officials' feathers. As a last resort, I'll stop the chat before following an instruction which actually damages us to a significant degree -- less dangerous instructions might get followed and let the citizens wrath fall on the official.

I try to keep everyone involved and there is no danger that I'll think I'm such a good player that I don't need the people's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom