Why no Domination Victory?

sparty44

Chieftain
Attached is a screenshot from a game I am playing as Spain. It shows Spain as the last Civ with its original capital (although two capitals owned by other Civs). Why does this not trigger a Domination victory for Spain?

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 202
Because you need to capture all the civilization's capitals to get a domination victory.

Yup. As kingfish said, you need to be the one who has all the capitals

Yeah, you need to take Rome and Paris, if I'm reading the screenshot correctly..

But read the description for "Domination Victory" in the Civilopedia (it won't let me take a screenshot of it):

"If you are the last player in possession of your original own capital, you win. . . . However, this can be tricky. Suppose you're in a five-player game and you capture three of your opponents' original capitals, but the fifth player sneaks in and captures your capital while you are not paying attention--then he would win immediately. In other words, it doesn't matter who captures what: it's the last player holding on to his original capital who gets the victory."

The hypothetical seems to clearly exclude the requirement that you hold all the original capitals in order to achieve Domination Victory.

They patched that in around the time of BNW I believe; I guess the Civilopedia wasn't changed

Yeah, the civilopedia probably wasn't changed when they made that change to the game.

Domination Guide: kill everything and don't get too behind in science. Done. ;)

Top Bottom