Rolled some sweet lands, decides to MANIFEST DESTINY!

Vitruvius

King
America, Deity, Pangaea, Standard

Rolled some good lands, lots of rivers, 2 natural wonders, 7 unique luxes. Mountains west and south against Austria and Inca, river by the west against Mongolia.

8 cities by turn 70. Still sitting on 8 Happiness thanks to River Happiness pantheon.

Inca took my 9th city spot. I could have settled this before my filler cities, big mistake. But he is not going to keep that for long.

Scout wall vs Mongolia. Thanks for you 9000 workers.

Some extreme demographics. Top in food, hammers, gold and land. Last in pop, army, happiness and tech :p

Fully demonstrates American power. Couldn't have done it with any other civ. I wouldn't be able to settle rivers and buy out to lux tiles at the same time.

congrats on the map roll and the well executed expansion!

now make me proud and make that wide empire also go tall, i want an update showing at least 15 pop in those cities (hope your religion has pagodas)

knock knock? who's there? FREEDOM MOTHERF*****

:goodjob:

Nice! I like to see new things other than the tired 4 city tradition.

Can you upload your start file please? I'd like to try this on that map.

Murica at its finest.

Good good, now lets go pull an manifest destiny on that incan village who has the impudence to get in your way xD

Conquer the entire continent! Just like how our founding fathers did!

70 turns on. Build NC in New York. Grabbed Machu Picchu with liberty GE. Beelined Machinery -> Workshops and tried to Xbow rush the Incan village (smarter play would be to go for Karakorum, but I hate that Incan village). Didn't time it well enough and faced stiff resistance from Longswords and Knights. Finally on the verge of taking it. Finishing up the rather late universities now. BTW religion was Shrine happiness and Feed the World. I had to buy 2 missionaries prior to enhancer because Austrian religion is taking over half of my cities.

Meanwhile the demographics.

maybe shoshone ? who needs to buy tiles when he gets them for free ?

I doubt Shoshone will be able to map out the lands as well as America did which was crucial for me to formulate an overall strategy (I played it out without reloads). Shoshone will probably save some $$ and pick better ruins but thats about it.

Nice! I like to see new things other than the tired 4 city tradition.

Can you upload your start file please? I'd like to try this on that map.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=381504&stc=1&d=1409127379

Some key factors which contributed to the rapid expansion.
1. Scout-scout-shrine. Pantheon choice was tough but by that time I already saw at least 6 expands on river.
2. I moved my initial warrior east and met Mongolia very early. I DOWed him and basically toyed with his workers. This early pressure was crucial to prevent him from expanding towards me, and getting workers in the process of course.
3. 1st expand Mount Kailash. Crucial for religion. There are unclaimed Gems near Geneva, so make that the 2nd expand and buy it out. 3rd expand in the face of Mongolia. I planted rather conservative cities (all on rivers) for my 4th, 5th and 6th expands. I never thought I would have the capacity for more. Hindsight says I should have defined the borders with Austria and Inca earlier.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    532.1 KB · Views: 95
OK, I'll bite. How in the world do you settle 8 cities by turn 70, without getting attacked by Ghengis?

OK, I'll bite. How in the world do you settle 8 cities by turn 70, without getting attacked by Ghengis?

Because I attacked him and harassed him, from turn 5. He spent all his hammers on workers for me to steal. In the end when I don't think I could hold him anymore, I bribed Atilla to attack Genghis. But I think that was a wrong move in hindsight.
I could still hold Genghis on my own and I can still potentially steal more workers. And having Atilla absorb Genghis only made Atilla stronger which I had to deal with later on.

I'm going to have to start a game tonight, just to see how in the hell you even get 8 cities by turn 71. lol. that's mind-boggling.

I'm going to have to start a game tonight, just to see how in the hell you even get 8 cities by turn 71. lol. that's mind-boggling.

It's simple. HAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Thats pretty standard fare for going wide, but is dependant on map type. You can have fifteenish cities by turn 70, youl just be rolling in unhappiness.

Thats pretty standard fare for going wide, but is dependant on map type. You can have fifteenish cities by turn 70, youl just be rolling in unhappiness.

Training 14 settlers in 70 turns is a pretty impressive feat.

Some key factors which contributed to the rapid expansion.
1. Scout-scout-shrine. Pantheon choice was tough but by that time I already saw at least 6 expands on river.

I probably would go granary first seeing as you have wheat and deer on the Capital. I don't think that pantheon is too sought after by AIs is it?
I feel if you're going to go wide you need a decent sized capital so you save time on building settlers.

I probably would go granary first seeing as you have wheat and deer on the Capital. I don't think that pantheon is too sought after by AIs is it?
I feel if you're going to go wide you need a decent sized capital so you save time on building settlers.

Your reasoning is valid. Since I'm going to settle kailash first anyway. But going shrine first is my habit. I just feel like I could always use some extra faith early and I really wanted a religion, and preferably earlier than as many ppl as possible.

Top Bottom