Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

KayEss said:
Slows city production a lot (-75% production bonus) and costs 20gpt to simulate the massive budget deficit it causes. But does make 5 happy faces and 5 culture.

Ok, but this could be only for modern olympics games.

Because athletics is good for classical OG, could make +5 culture (as symbol of greek peace time) and +1 commerce for each tiles. Obsolete with some last reinassance tech like... ?

Great work, team. You certainly delivered on this, and I'm looking forward to playing it against my brother. Thank you!

I assume the little number 3 on the Ancient era tech screen will be fixed. Also,
Army II doesn't upgrade to Army III. I don't know whether this was intentional, but it looks accidental.

how do i take the world map from DYP and put it on RAR?

also when is the FULL, COMPLETE, 100% DONE RaR going to be released?

oh and camber they disabled many things including later armies

Mr. Dictator said:
how do i take the world map from DYP and put it on RAR?

No idea what you have to do with the DYP worldmap to put in on RAR...playing one of the released worldmaps for RAR is a better idea.
You can find one here:
http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/civ3/viewtopic.php?t=7725

Mr. Dictator said:
also when is the FULL, COMPLETE, 100% DONE RaR going to be released?

I guess nobody knows the answer to this question.It depends on too many things...to name one important factor: Will there, and if -when-, be another Firaxis patch for Conquests? This has also influence on what you describe with "100%".Yes, someday it is not unlikely that there will be a nearly finished and bugfree version...but...if you mean all the things which are currently disabled, too (shipments, armies etc.), then it might be the case that it never happens - simply because it is possible that some bugs never got fixed.

Turner_727 said:
I'm pretty sure that's not related to the mod. Automating workers is a tricky thing. They often do things that don't make much sense. To us, at least.

Funny that you mention that. I'm having the same problem with workers and that's never happened before in any other Civ game. Freakin' laborers must be unionized and are trying to start an international incident to embarrass my Republican administration.

Pfeffersack said:
I guess nobody knows the answer to this question.It depends on too many things...to name one important factor: Will there, and if -when-, be another Firaxis patch for Conquests? This has also influence on what you describe with "100%".Yes, someday it is not unlikely that there will be a nearly finished and bugfree version...but...if you mean all the things which are currently disabled, too (shipments, armies etc.), then it might be the case that it never happens - simply because it is possible that some bugs never got fixed.

So what are the bugs with shipments and armies?

nwoglobalist said:
Funny that you mention that. I'm having the same problem with workers and that's never happened before in any other Civ game. Freakin' laborers must be unionized and are trying to start an international incident to embarrass my Republican administration.
Does this happen before you can mine and irrigate? In normal games it probably takes a lot longer to develope the land since you can do more than road. In RAR, your lands will be fully developed for what they can be because you cannot mine, etc., thus your workers find work in far away places.

Hygro said:
Does this happen before you can mine and irrigate? In normal games it probably takes a lot longer to develope the land since you can do more than road. In RAR, your lands will be fully developed for what they can be because you cannot mine, etc., thus your workers find work in far away places.

You are correct. I'm playing a mod with modern techs, so yes it is after mining and irrigating and my land is fully developed.

sgrig said:
So what are the bugs with shipments and armies?

Enabling shipments would mean that RaR would play as "Reverse capture the flag"-game.This means altering default game rules and takes SGLs out of the game(because a button to enable them in games with customized rules is missing).

Armies are in RAR, but to an reduced extend - you can only get Army I through leaders and wonders.The problem is the game doesn't really support upgradable armies. After "inventing" larger armies wonders/GLs still spread the first type of army and it is the only typ you can build, too IIRC.However you are able to upgrade them in cities with an wonder with "can build armies flag".The AI isn't smart enough to do that.

But then there is still the problem the AI doesn't use the army build ability of wonders...

VP scoring...I think this would be a minor problem, I remember an earlier beta build where it was in...just set the victory values so high/bonus values so low they never be reached.Or is there another sideeffect of VPs I'm not aware of?

Hmmm, spouse cannot build League of Nations in any city. He has researched Total War but not Totalitarianism. He is pretty certain he has a good tech lead. Any ideas?

Hm...to tell from the posts around here it seems to be a great mod...
So I decided to dl it right away even though I haven't played a game of Conquests to the end, yet (mainly because I'm always playing Hotseat Games with my girlfriend and she somehow loses interest once there is no more space to build new cities... :sad: )
But I guess this mod WILL be fun!

If SGLs are disabled, does that mean that military GLs can build Great Wonders?

By the way, "requires victorious army" flag isn't checked for Military Academy. Is this intended so?

sgrig said:
If SGLs are disabled, does that mean that military GLs can build Great Wonders?

By the way, "requires victorious army" flag isn't checked for Military Academy. Is this intended so?

No, MGLs are still restricted to improvments/small wonders.

Yes, because the AI doesn't create armies out of leaders (another bug)...so they would have no chance to build these armies spreading buildings.

This mod is very good, includes many improvements that are the best possible given the engine. The best ideas have pretty much converged here. It should be the standard.

Obviously, you have to relearn how to play all over. For instance, if you are the German's you might want to start out knowing what Wiseman German is, not get around to building them once you get to the middle ages. Seeing as how that's your big advantage. And that's just learned knowledge, not second order strategy. So this mod deserves lots of strategy articles. Maybe they could be a separate thread. RAR strategies. Somebody that didn't just download the mod yesterday should start it.

Also, a broken up multiple file download would be nice. My highspeed connection downloaded in 12 minutes, but it would have been impossible with my old one and that's where a lot of people are still at.

I never knew about DYP but now that I've discovered this latest release let me just say thanks alot!

This is almost like starting the game fresh again. It's so comprehensive and clearly so much time has gone into it.

I have yet to actually play it, but from all the civilopedia readings it seems
FAR better than the regular game. Maybe Firaxis should hire you!

I just have one question: Is there a a readme file that has a list of everything that's included in the mod (not just the changed/updated list) ?

Thanks again !

What???

This mod isn't completed yet? I just don't like playing incompleted mods.

Is this mod completed or not?

Hey everyone. First time poster. Got something to report on:

I've noticed that when the Precision Missile uses a Precision Strike, it doesn't get used up....

Regular bombard uses up the Precision Missile however.

Top Bottom