List of Useful & Free Software Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
medwynn said:
Sure is. Already got it loaded.

how about a link to that cause i cant find it on Grisofts website

edit nm, i found it.

GIMP works pretty good.

Pretty good? Pretty good! Out effing standing would be better, GIMP rocks!!

Don't know if anyone listed this one: PrintKey

Print Screen utility. Save print screen as a file, edit image, auto print (yes you can turn this off), much more!

I use ScreenPrint32 (google Sprint32), and it's nice. Overrides the PrtScrn button, saves it as an image, and/or prints it out. I also discovered that the image gets copied to the clipboard, so if you're making the image for an email (I do this at work a lot) I've got a record of the screenie on my HD as well as in the email.

I don't think it really matters which program you use, any kind of program like that is very useful. Especially for screenies when playing a game. No switching back and forth between the game and Paint, and it makes the image about as fast as I can hit the key.

I nee a good DDS converter, that can work under Win98(yea, old, I know)

Here is a link in French, couldn't find the equivalent in English :
good
It lists all known free (as in speech, but often as in beer) programs, compared to commercial ones. That's your supermarket. :)

[*]Paint.NET - an image and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Server 2003. It supports layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.

This link seems to be broken.

CCleaner is a useful little program that would go good on this list.

Sorry, but now I need a *.pak unpacker, so I can make a mod (for the game "Celtic Kings: The Punic Wars")

anybody know where i can get FRAPS?

www.fraps.com

You could have googled it.

Does anyone have anything for converting video files to another type? I have a Creative Zen Vision: M and I have spent the last 3 hours trying to put some clips onto it.

MP3 to MOD files (MOD is a music format)
Also a free Virtual DJ-ing program?

With what could i convert large amounts of .mpc files ? (to .mp3 of course)
I assume i can do that with Sound Forge which i have, but it takes so darn long to do that. And i have to select every single song at a time. :sad:

The MOD format is used for games files.
I wanna edit JJ2's game music, but for that I need to convert it to *.mp3
I can do this.
I can't convert it again to *.mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom