RevolutionDCM for BTS

To anyone playing this mod in it's latest incarnation, STACK ATTACK IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH IDW. Turn stack attack off. Influence from plunder works with SA but not influence from combat. It doens't mean that the mod crashes, it just means that SA negates the effect of combat influence in IDW.

Thanks to Kalimakhus for finding this! :goodjob:
Cheers.

As mentioned in the Rise of Mankind 2 mod, is there anyway to limit the amount of rebellions?

From memory, if you look through the Revolutions forums (encyclopaedic proportions) at one point there may have been a discussion about Revolutions in the context of mods with greater than six religions. For the moment, experiment with these settings in Revolution.ini:

; Unhappy cities with your state religion plus another religion can join a religious revolution
AllowStateReligionToJoin = False

; Adjust influence of various factors in inciting a revolution
ReligionModifier = 0.5???

If you think that the AI is too unstable, then adjust that too:

; Adjust rate of rev index accumulation, additional options for human (offset adds that value to each city per turn, keep it small)
IndexModifier = 0.8??? (AI)
IndexOffset = 0 (AI)
HumanIndexModifier = 1.0
HumanIndexOffset = 0

As to how much, I'm not sure but start with small numbers like 0.1 or go and check out the Revolutions forums. To test your settings, start a game and run it automatically on standard map sizes and speeds using auto-play (CTRL-SHIFT-X). Four hundred turns on auto should see you through a whole game.

Cheers.

stack attack is the best part :mad: I wish I saw this before I upgraded from 0.60 :(

Concur that stack attack is cool however it was already busted even before IDW because of problems with loosing interface focus and crashing. It is also incompatible with active defense because sometimes the combo can cause a CTD as well.

If SA was more stable, I'd spend more time fixing the compatibility issue with IDW however there isn't much incentive for me to do it with limited time on my hands, unless you think that stack attack is worth it for other reasons?

The issue is only that stack attack negates IDW from working. It doesn't mean a game stability problem. So if you are in a good game, keep playing with SA and only partial IDW working.

Cheers.

The issue is only that stack attack negates IDW from working. It doesn't mean a game stability problem. So if you are in a good game, keep playing with SA and only partial IDW working.

Cheers.

cool. IDW wasn't a high priority for me anyways (dont know what it is really) thx

hi,
i wanna say first of all - great wrk,

second,
how about adding revolution inquisition also?

Ok will think strongly on that. If it was done by Jdog5000, it's got to be pretty darn good.

The problem for me is that I'm not confident Inquisition is a good idea. In reality, when does an inquisition erase all traces of a religion in the long term? The only way a religion can be erased long term is just to suppress it's effect while it still exists. The people still have the religion in their minds and hearts. That cannot be simply erased in the long term even if it can for a very short period of time.

I think the Inquisition concept is more relevant when there are more religions in a mod than the stock six religions. What do you think?

Cheers.

I'd like if you keep this mod simple as it is, or if you add something, add the extra checkboxes in the custom game menu for all the options like the Revolution mod does for it's own options. Turning options on/off via XML is a bit cumbersome.

I don't like the Inquisition idea, so if it'd be added, it should be easy to turn it off.

hi,
well, theres no realty into it, that i must agree...
but still its a game and its more fun for me to have this ability to purge y cities,
you cant purge the holy citiy...thats gotta count...:)

well to tell you the truth , im more interested in getting a limitation on one religion per civ, this can bring balance to the force...:)

thanks for this great mod platform, keep it up.

I'd like if you keep this mod simple as it is, or if you add something, add the extra checkboxes in the custom game menu for all the options like the Revolution mod does for it's own options. Turning options on/off via XML is a bit cumbersome.I don't like the Inquisition idea, so if it'd be added, it should be easy to turn it off.

I agree with all of those comments:goodjob: but there is a difference between agreeing and making it happen. That difference is called time.

Cheers.

hi,
well, theres no realty into it, that i must agree...
but still its a game and its more fun for me to have this ability to purge y cities

No problems keldath, I've knocked up a version of RevolutionDCM 0.6 with Inquisitions 1.0 just as a trial. I've tried it and it seems ok. Enjoy.

HOWEVER. You can't turn it off if you don't like it and it's not game compatible with RevDCM 0.6.

Therefore it's just a trial release. I won't incorporate it into RevolutionDCM proper until there is a way to turn the component off if you don't like it. At the moment, it seems stable and ok.

I am slightly warming up to the idea of Inquisitions a bit (only a bit)....This is because you can purge a non-state religion at any time under Theocracy, but if you do you not only risk happiness, Revolution index and diplomacy hits, but I think the buildings of that religion are burnt down too. Now that makes an inquisition a serious decision to have to make.

I am slightly warming up to the idea of Inquisitions a bit....This is because you can purge a non-state religion at any time under Theocracy, but if you do you not only risk happiness, Revolution index and diplomacy hits, but I think the buildings of that religion are burnt down too. Now that makes an inquisition a serious decision to have to make.

The AI appears to play it ok. The logic the AI uses to decide on an Inquisition appears to be in the python file CvGameUtils.py. There's quite a bit of detail there.

You can get RevolutionDCM Inquisitors here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9483

Cheers.

Standard RevolutionDCM is now at version 0.7 incorporating Bhruic's latest patch update to BTS.

If you want to upgrade RevolutionDCM Inquisitions to version 0.7 yourself, just replace the CivGameCoreDLL.dll file with the version 0.7 dll. However it's really not necessary to do so unless you want absolute latest.

Enjoy.
Cheers.

One slightly odd little bug - for some reason, when I play the game, catapults can't range bombard (as in, to damage units). It only seems to affect catapults. Any ideas?

One slightly odd little bug - for some reason, when I play the game, catapults can't range bombard (as in, to damage units). It only seems to affect catapults. Any ideas?

I don't think it's a bug. I think it's designed that way.

Yeah that one had me seriously confused for a while to. It turns out Dale cut ranged bombardment out for catapults in version 1.5 of DCM. I see where he is coming from both in terms of game play and history. Catapults are really very primitive technology to be effective at ranged bombardment. Plus already archer bombardment early on is a pretty strong capability so you don't want to over do it. You have to wait for trebuchets for ranged bombardment now. I like the change. ;)

Cheers.

PS) isn't combat influence driven war cool? The borders are now much more dynamic, constantly flipping from side to side according to the success or failures in battle. Very clever improvement by Moctezuma. The only question is how it goes with the AI........

Top Bottom