Fixed Civs with a Fixed map, various difficulties

Bleys

Deity
I am having some trouble with a series of games I am trying to organize. It seems the World Builder saves arent acting as expected when the maps are played at various difficulties. Here is the situation:

We create a random game with pre-determined Leaders. Then, we go into the WB, do some editing, and save the map as a WBS, which has the 7 defined leaders and 7 defined starting locations.

From there, it can be loaded in-game as a Scenario, which allows for individual players to choose whichever leader they wish, play at whatever speed they prefer, and at whichever difficulty they are comfortable with, all through the Scenario menus, and also allow players to use their favored MOD, since the games are actually "Scenarios".

Now, the game speed is working fine, redefining it in the WBS makes the Scenario menu determine the proper number of turns, etc. Starting locations are also fine, and number of starting units based on difficulty are being properly translated as well. The problem is in the difficulty bonus techs. At levels above Prince, the AIs should all start with Archery, and be given a certain number of "best military units". However, Archery is not being given to the AIs, so they end up with Warriors, which creates the possibility of Warrior Rushing, even at Emp, Immortal and Deity. It also slows the AIs teching down quite a bit, since now they have to self-tech Archery, something that many AIs seem prioritize as important.

It has been suggested that a Python script may be the solution. If we clean the WBS files up completely, except for the desired Leaders and their specified starting locations, then have a script properly assign techs and units based on the difficulty selected, this could still work. I have looked at the Python stuff and its pretty far over my head. Does anyone have any ideas how to approach this?

Now, if the proper techs are given in the WBS, then levels below Monarch arent going to be accurate. Not only that, but the AI that the game was "generated" with will never have the proper techs, so if you choose another Leader near him, you can overwhelm him quite easily, even at higher levels.

I have tried many many configurations of the WBS files, and the Scenarios just do not come out properly.

Top Bottom