I love single player, and multiplayer when it works...

dio3d

Chieftain
..but when multiplayer freezes up it drives me crazy. I wouldn't mind so much if it froze at the beginning of a multiplayer game, but when it happens after I've invested a couple of hours it's extremely frustrating.

Is there a way to rejoin a game that you've been frozen out of? In a multiplayer game I had this morning, the PS3-version CivRev froze in the Modern Era. My controller was completely non-responsive (and yes, it was charged), so I had to restart my PS3. After restarting the PS3, I went back to the multiplayer screen hoping to see if I could rejoin my old game, but alas I didn't see it.

Is there a way to find a game if you're "frozen" out? I used to see in-game messages that said "[so and so] has left the game" and think that another player had decided to call it quits. Now I'm thinking it has more to do with what happened to me today.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the game. I just wish the multiplayer interplay was more consistent (and yes, I have the 1.30 patch).

There's no way you can join a game-in-progress, unless (On the 360, not sure about the PS3) you go to someone's gamertag that you were playing with, and click "Join Game in Progress". If it kicks everyone out, there's no way you can re-join.

I think single player is so much better because in multiplayer you have to play the whole game in one sitting without saving and my opponents drop out all of the time:mad:

I think single player is so much better because in multiplayer you have to play the whole game in one sitting without saving and my opponents drop out all of the time:mad:

I know! I mean . .. .. .. .! It seems that no one has the damn patience to just play a full game, everyone just plays for maybe a half hour then they drop out so at my friend's house we end up with one other human player but they're aways "temporarily indisposed" or some . .. .. .. . and we basically have to get out. I hate that about the users....

It seems that no one has the damn patience to just play a full game, everyone just plays for maybe a half hour then they drop out.

I agree! Although, when I was frozen out of a game last week, it may have appeared to other MP players that I'd voluntarily given up as well. Maybe that's what's really happening when in-game MP players "leave".

I try to play an MP game every couple of days, and I do stick around in my games until I'm either annihilated or win (hopefully, the latter :cool:), so if you'd like to Friend me I'd definitely be up for some gaming.

My PS3 id: dio3d
Timezone: GMT-8 (US Pacific Time)

I know! I mean . .. .. .. .! It seems that no one has the damn patience to just play a full game, everyone just plays for maybe a half hour then they drop out so at my friend's house we end up with one other human player but they're aways "temporarily indisposed" or some . .. .. .. . and we basically have to get out. I hate that about the users....

Well... you know... some people have lives. What if their home burns down? :p

Or... they have 5 weeks worth of school work (if their homeschooled) to do... <_<

Or... maybe they have to leave for work. An emergency or something.

98% of everyone I know would sit down and do what they liked for hours if they could... but most of the time they can't.

Darthado is right, but when people commit to finishing a multiplayer game, they wouldn't have to go to work in 20 minutes or have a lot of homework to do. I realy think that they should have made a way to save multiplayer games, although it would get confusing when determining another time when all the players could resume the game, a lot less peopel would drop out and make the game less fun.

Top Bottom