[BtS] DIPLOMACY: a mod for Diplogames!

Absolutley LOVE the mod.

Love the new leaderheads, and the terrain graphics.

It's pretty difficult to fault but if i were to suggest somethings:

More leaderheads - even if for existing civs. I love leaderheads and more would be great.

A better nuke effect - Don't know if it's possible but i find the current one pretty mediocre. Prehaps a bigger mushroom cloud or the ground shaking. Again don't know limits so understand might not be possible.

World Scenario - Is it possible to make a world map scenario where all the countries start in the right place?

More treaties? - Make defensive pacts earlier, Treaties to co operate in wars etc.

No big things - and theese are small things that would merely make it more enjoyable to me as an individual, don't know what anyone else things

Cheers

Eversince I downloaded your fantastic mod, my game freezes everytime when showing the Great lighthouse video (after constructing it).

Is there anyway to fix this - I aplogise if im being stupid in advance.

I run the game on Vista, game works fine without your mod but i love it too much not to use it:cool:

Is this just for that specific wonder or all wonder movies?

Firaxis has low res versions of the official movies to download from their website which might help if you don't want to turn movies off completely.

You can also try hiding movie backgrounds in your ini file.

Edit:

Link to a link of the low res movies:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=166928

Capo, if you tell me which flag and the exact color values you used for it, I can make a good button for the Cuban Civ.

Same with Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico or Gran Colombia.

Absolutley LOVE the mod.

Love the new leaderheads, and the terrain graphics.

It's pretty difficult to fault but if i were to suggest somethings:

More leaderheads - even if for existing civs. I love leaderheads and more would be great.

The next edition of this mod will not only include a "next war"-based expansion but will include the following New leaders:

- Gemal Ataturk (Ottomans)
- Atotzli (Aztecs)
- Jingu (Japan)
- Sejong (Korea)
- Cixi (China)
- Konrad Adenauer (Germany)
- Cardinal Richelieu (France)
- Shaherezade or Xerxes (Persia)
- Francis (Holy Roman Empire)

Plus Amenhotep and Charles V will be getting "makeovers," you can check my leaderhead gallery (link in sig) to see what they'll look like.

A better nuke effect - Don't know if it's possible but i find the current one pretty mediocre. Prehaps a bigger mushroom cloud or the ground shaking. Again don't know limits so understand might not be possible.

As far as I am aware I am currently using the best one out there, which is the one from the Wolfshanze mod. The only thing I could really manage to do was make it bigger and brighter, but I don't know if its possible to make the screen shake or anything like that. But the mushroom cloud is as big as is available, I am a novice at editing graphics, especially animations. So the current nuke-blast is the best I could muster. If you haven't actually checked it out in-game yet and assume I am using the vanilla one you should try it out first, its pretty cool.

World Scenario - Is it possible to make a world map scenario where all the countries start in the right place?

This is something I'd like to happen, unfortunately my computer can't handle this mod if its too big. So it would have to be limited in scope and I might actually make a modern world scenario once I release the appropriate modules packs. The next one coming out (after the Americas pack that is), Module Pack II, will include Iran as a civ. Eventually I will also include Pakistan, along with some other modern nations and probably make a not-so-distant future war scenario. I wanted to get the Americas pack done, the second Module pack done, and then I was gonig to create and finish the next edition of this mod along with my Europe module pack. I am trying to make all of my modules as flavored as possible and, if necessary, with new leaderheads. So they take some time to streamline, but I think the wait is worth it.

More treaties? - Make defensive pacts earlier, Treaties to co operate in wars etc.

This is something I want to do as well, and I am actually working with some people on ideas for this. I play Diplogames, so the more treaties the merrier as far as I am concerned.

No big things - and theese are small things that would merely make it more enjoyable to me as an individual, don't know what anyone else things

Cheers

Thanks for the advice, the best thing I can get is criticism and ideas. So I can make it better. I'm glad you like it so far, and I am learning a lot so the next edition should be really good. About your lighthouse thing, its kind of hard for me to fix it when I am not experiencing the problem. Could you do me a favor and get a me save right before you build the lighthouse? That way I can see if it crashes on mine too. I'll try a few more test games and see if it crashes for me too. Thanks for noticing the crash though.

Capo, if you tell me which flag and the exact color values you used for it, I can make a good button for the Cuban Civ.

Same with Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico or Gran Colombia.

Alright, that's awesome! Thank you! I don't know how to make buttons myself and this would really make my modules look better. I'll send you a zip of everything once I confirm the colors (I haven't decided for Brazil yet, between green yellow and blue its hard to get a combo I am satisfied with). And I believe you were the one who suggested Gran Colombia have a burgundy flag with white stars correct? I haven't changed theirs yet, so its still in the works. Once I finalize that part I will send you a zip of all of the flags I used, as well as the colors and their RGB values.

Thanks madman, good job! :goodjob:

BTW: When I do my Europe Modulepack (which is going to be released with the next version of my mod, along with Modules Packs I and II and the Americas as well) I am going to need you to do this for me as well, except its going to be a lot more civs. Currently here are the planned civs for that one, and this is no particular order...

1) Ireland
2) Scotland
3) Denmark
4) Switzerland
5) Italy
6) Austria
7) Poland
8) Finland
9) Romania
10) Ukraine
11) Bulgaria
12) Sweden
13) Serbia

Now, if you think I should add more than this please let me know. Although I think this is a lot as it is, and between this (which is going to require some new LHs) and updating my mod I am going to be pretty busy. I am going to use ALL BI-COLOR FLAGS (so no realistic looking ones) so everything is uniform. If you want an ancient, medieval, or even very small European nationalities (such as the basques) or even other European countries like Albania, Latvia, Lithuania etc, those will all be in the Europa mod which is actually another project I am going to start up with some people. That mod will include all European religions, European wonders, and European civs throughout history. But that is pretty far off.

Sorry I went on on on there, but anyway, I'll get that to you Madman and thanks again.

Alright, that's awesome! Thank you! I don't know how to make buttons myself and this would really make my modules look better. I'll send you a zip of everything once I confirm the colors (I haven't decided for Brazil yet, between green yellow and blue its hard to get a combo I am satisfied with). And I believe you were the one who suggested Gran Colombia have a burgundy flag with white stars correct? I haven't changed theirs yet, so its still in the works. Once I finalize that part I will send you a zip of all of the flags I used, as well as the colors and their RGB values.

Thanks madman, good job! :goodjob:

BTW: When I do my Europe Modulepack (which is going to be released with the next version of my mod, along with Modules Packs I and II and the Americas as well) I am going to need you to do this for me as well, except its going to be a lot more civs. Currently here are the planned civs for that one, and this is no particular order...

1) Ireland
2) Scotland
3) Denmark
4) Switzerland
5) Italy
6) Austria
7) Poland
8) Finland
9) Romania
10) Ukraine
11) Bulgaria
12) Sweden
13) Serbia

Now, if you think I should add more than this please let me know. Although I think this is a lot as it is, and between this (which is going to require some new LHs) and updating my mod I am going to be pretty busy. I am going to use ALL BI-COLOR FLAGS (so no realistic looking ones) so everything is uniform. If you want an ancient, medieval, or even very small European nationalities (such as the basques) or even other European countries like Albania, Latvia, Lithuania etc, those will all be in the Europa mod which is actually another project I am going to start up with some people. That mod will include all European religions, European wonders, and European civs throughout history. But that is pretty far off.

Sorry I went on on on there, but anyway, I'll get that to you Madman and thanks again.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7882

Was a really good bi-color flag pack made by Yenemus that has (from the ones you listed) Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, Sweden, Austria, and Poland.

The download has been broken for a while but luckily I've had the file saved on my computer:

View attachment Symbols_of_the_World_v1.0.zip

If that's helpful.

Yeah I actually had that at one point and then deleted it like an idiot. Now the link is broken! But there are a bunch of flag decals out there and I am sure I can find the appropriate ones. The Europe thing is a ways off though, and I am focusing on the Americas module pack and module pack two for right now. I am going to do Europe and the Expanded Mod at the same time and release them together. I will also put out a non-nextwar version as well in case people don't like the next war expansion.

I just made a Scottish decal... it's a thistle, one of its national symbols. Looks very unique.

I've also done Italy (the symbol in the middle of the flag of Tuscany) and I think I'll tackle Switzerland next. Should be simple. I think I'll do just the cross.

That's cool! I don't quite know what colors I was going to use for them though (I might go blue and white for Scotland though, because Spain is gonig to be red and yellow) and I will start working on my European modules after I finish Module pack two, which shouldn't take very long and will include Minoans, Vietnamese, Songhai and Iran.

BTW: In case anyone was wondering the reason Hungary isn't included in the list of European countries is becuase it is already in Module Pack I.

Found the complete world scenario - but it makes my computer lag, and its a gaming pc:eek:

Make the mushroom cloud as big and bright as possible:D

Another idea - a treaty to stop using spies against one country and another

Hmmm, I didn't make a complete world scenario. Its probably lagging becuase its the wrong scenario/mod. Could you please provide me with a link to this scenario?

Well, that wasn't made by me or specifically FOR my mod. So I wouldn't use it while playing my mod. There will be problems I'm sure, because I changed some of the XML and added leaders so things will be different in that respect. Which may be why its lagging so much. I've also played three test games and built the Lighthouse and everytime the movie played without issue. You might want to uninstall the mod and then reinstall it, or redownload it or something like that and try it out again.

There were some comments about my use of Jose de San Martin as Simon Bolivar for Gran Colombia. Well I am no longer going to use San Martin as Bolivar as he will be leader for Argentina. The Bolivar leaderhead I was using as Santa Anna will now be Bolivar for Gran Colombia. But that begs the question; who am I going to use for Santa Anna?

Well, Santa Anna of course.

This LH was made by Ekmek, I added the symbol to his sash. This leaderhead will not be available at CFC except in this module pack. It will also be available in Wolfhsanze's Mod, which is now exclusively at Apolyton, due to a dispute between Wolfshanze and some mods here at CFC. Wolfshanze put together a really good mod if you like a lot of changes to the regular game mechanics I suggest you try it out. But for those of you who don't like the game mechanics altered as much, and want to use this LH I suggest you download my mod and then DL the upcoming Americas Module Pack when I am finished.

I have attached a screen shot of the leaderhead, it is extremely good.

Fantastic, when can we expect the next update?

Here is the planned schedule for my releases:

- Sometime in the next week or two (depending on when Bernie finishes the Brazil units) I will release the America's module pack.

- In two to three weeks FOLLOWING THAT I will release module pack 2. This will have the Minoans, Iranians, Vietnamese, and Songhai as playable civs similar to to Module Pack I and the Americas Module pack.

- After I release those two module packs I will upgrade my mod. I am goign to add new leaders, and the next-war expansion, and possibly a couple of extra features as well, but again nothing that changes game mechanics too much. I am also going to take all of the stuff that was actually modular in my mod (like the religions for example) and "hard-code" them into the mod, which should make it run more smoothly. While I will not be adding new civs I will be releasing this along with the Europe Module-Pack, which will serve as a preview of my upcoming Europe Mod.

- And I will probably do another module pack after that, but I haven't decided which civs will be in it yet.

So that is the planned schedule for my mod. I am not sure how long this will take but updading the mod, which I am going to do completely from scratch, should take some time. Maybe a few months or more. But I think it will be a vast improvement over the mod I have now. And of course if anyone can help me with it that would be appreciated too....

.... but if you were just talking about the Americas thing. Basically I am waiting on Bernie for the final units, I have to decide on a final color-scheme for Brazil and Gran Colombia, then send the info to Madman so he can make some buttons for me. Then I have to go through and just make sure all of the game texts and everything are correct and it should be ready to go. This sound like a lot, but it really isn't. So sometime this week or the next should be when I release the Americas Module Pack.

Would you also be able to include The Arnold Schwarzeneger Leaderhead?

As you can see, my inability at adding them without causing my game to need re instaling is ever apparent, and I really appricieate you including them in your mods.

I have requested Nixon and Thatcher in the request forum, if they are done in time prehaps you could include them?

I dont want to sound pushy in the slightest, im only sugessting what would improve the game for me personaly

Cheers

Well, I could add those leaders I suppose but the issue here is that I want to limit each civ to four leaders. And honestly I wouldn't put Arnold as a leader for America (or Nixon for that matter) and I already have four leaders for England and America. I'll think about it though.

haha ok

is there such a thing such as a leaderhead manager, or leaderhead installer utility out there, that would make life much easier.

I honestly did try to follow the turorial, but as a novice xml editor it didn't make much sense to me, hense the thousands of error messages.

I understand your concerns about my leaderhead requests :D I just love the art work of the Arnie head though

Cheers

Top Bottom