Modpack list

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
ATTENTION: This list here is meant as an overview for visitors.
So, if you have a new mod, please post it here. Please do NOT post updates for your mod here, unless you want to change the status.
NOTE: This thread has nothing to do with main site coverage. If you want to see your mod announced on the main site with the nearly monthly announcements, you have to post it here.

Moderator Action: Please do not contact The_J about updates to this thread anymore. Either post a status update to this thread or contact one of the Civ4 C&C moderators, such as Rob (R8XFT) or Leoreth.

What is in the list?

Type: This is a very short and simple classification, about what the mod is.
Civ/BtS enhancement: Mods, which modify Civ, without adding new content like civilizations or units. This includes interface mods, rule mods, graphic mods, etc.
Civ/BtS expansion: More civs, techs, units, etc. May include enhancements.
Total conversions: These are more or less new games. Fantasy mods, historical mods, scifi mods.

Version:

This part indicates which patch you need and is also the download link.
1.xx means that the mod is for Civilization 4, without any addons.
2.xx means that the mod is for the addon Warlords.
3.xx means that this mod is for the addon Beyond The Sword.
ATTENTION: In nearly every case the mods do not work with other versions.
The current BtS patch 3.19, for which most of the mods are made, is available here.

Additional languages:

Indicates if the mod is available also in other languages than Rnglish.
If no language is mentioned, then the mod is either playable in English or it does not matter because no new text is included.

Work in Progress: Mod is currently under development and there is a download available.
Pausing: A download is available, no updates for some time now, but it seems that further updates are planned.
Abandoned: Development has stopped without finishing and no updates are planned, but a working download is available. Every mod for which the developer vanished is considered abandoned.
Finished: The mod is done. All features are implemented, it's fully playable, bugs are fixed, all graphics are done, no patches are planned anymore.

Civilization Enhancements

[PRE]
Name/Download | Version | Languages | Status | Description Advanced Combat Odds | 3.19 | - | Finished | UI mod, to give a better overview over the combat calculations
Badgame mod for BtS | 3.19 | - | Work in progress | Adds new game options that remove annoying components from BTS and fixes how the No Espionage option works. Comes packaged with BUG.
Better AI | 3.13 - 3.19| - | Pausing | Improves the ingame AI (includes unofficial patch)
Better BAT AI | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | Combines BetterAI and BAT (=BUG + Varietas Dilectat)
Better BUG AI | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | Combines BetterAI and BUG
Blue Marble | All versions | - | Finished | graphics mod, enhances the terrain and the leaders
BUG-Mod | 3.00-3.19 | | Work in Progress | Interface mod
BAT-Mod | 3.19 | | Work in Progress | BUG-Mod + BULL-Mod and Varietas Delectat
BULL-Mod | 3.19 | | Work in Progress | BUG-Mod with additional features
Dales Combat Mod | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | Rule mod
Diversica | 3.19 | - | Pausing | Graphics mod + RevDCM
Diversity | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | a mod aiming to add greater gameplay and realism to 3.19.
Giant Earth Map Mod | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | It's a giant earth, what else ;)?
Gross National Happiness | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Rule mod
Improved Graphics | 3.?? | - | Finished | Terrain graphics mod
Just Another Religion Mod | 3.19 | | Finished | Religion mod (14 religions), also known as JARM
Natural Wonders mod | 3.19 | | Work in Progress | Adds Natural Wonders to the game
Realistic city names | 3.17, 3.19 | - | Finished | Map mod
RevolutionDCM | 3.19 | - | Finished | Rule mod
Strategic rivers mod | 3.19 | | Work in progress | Navigable rivers!
Unofficial Patch | 3.19 | - | Finished | Fixes the last BtS errors
Varietas Delectat | 3.19 | - | Pausing | Graphics mod
War Of Elements | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | N/A
[/PRE]

Flags by Free-country-flags.com, under Creative Commons license.

It would be nice if every modder could check if the mentioned things for his mod are correct. If your mod is not present, please post it.
It would be appricated if anyone could provide missing details, or add a 1 sentence description for the mods which have currently N/A as ultrashort description.
This list is based on an older one in german. If you see any german text in there, then please tell me.
I updated the older list with the mods on the current first page. If your mod is not included, then it's not out of purpose, i just had not enough time yet to put everything on the list.

Thank you :).

It would be nice if every modder could check if the mentioned things for his mod are correct.It would be appricated if anyone could provide missing details, or add a 1 sentence description for the mods which have currently N/A as ultrashort description.

Thank you :).

Realism Invictus:

Ultrashort summary: focus on diversity and in a more realistic feel.
Version: 3.19
Additional languages (besides english): No

A New Dawn:
  • Ultrashort summary: N/A
  • Version: 3.19
  • Additional languages (besides english): -

• Ultrashort summary: Loosely based on History in the Making. Feat. extra stone age era, 3rd UU, 2nd UB, Endless... speed, loads of new events, movies, promotions etc.
  • Version: 3.19
  • Additional languages (besides english): English only

Added the description :).
Set the additional languages as "No", says the same and is shorter.
Didn't change the status, because i'd like to only have there "WIP", "Pausing", "Finished" and "Abandoned". Don't want to change this every week, so only the really, really big changes will be noted.

MOD "The Great War" - I don't think it's for BtS. Probably it's for Vanilla (at least the scenario icons look like it).

RFC modmods need updating ;)

Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World

Rhye's and Fall: The Sword of Islam - Rhye's and Fall with focus on the Middle East

Rhye's and Fall: Dawn of Civilization - Expansion to Rhye's and Fall

Also capitalize Europe & Greece please :)

General suggestions

Thanks for the list, I think it is very much needed, however, in this shape and form it doesn't serve it's purpose too well - the two problems being:
- too many mods; it's not a place for subjective selection, but I don't think unfinished, abandoned mods have to be listed, and they make up a very large part of the whole; alternatively, they could be moved below into spoiler; same with finished mods that were never updated and thus don't work with the latest version of a given expansion *
- ultrashort descriptions; I wouldn't expect any one person to do it; but I think you could simply allow people to submit more than half a sentence of neutral description of what the mod is about; a paragraph of X words? etc.

[*] that being said, some of the mods listed as Abandoned are really Complete/Finished, i.e. History of the Three Kingdoms. Might as well update status & description:

History of the Three Kingdoms - a total conversion mod about Chinese Middle Ages

Civ/BtS expansions
[PRE]
Name/Download | Version | Languages | Status | Description 50 Civs mod | 3.19 | - | Finished | Adds 16 civs, 50 civs playable on many maps
A New Dawn | 3.19 | - | Finished | Loosely based on History in the Making. Feat. extra stone age era, 3rd UU, 2nd UB, Endless... speed, loads of new events, movies, promotions etc.
Cavemen2Cosmos | 3.19 | | Work in Progress | N/A
CivFusion | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | N/A
Civ Gold | 3.19 | - | Pausing | N/A
Conquest | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | A mod from within a mod. Starting with the excellent History Rewritten mod, with all its elegant legacy, Conquest adds new features and house rules
Destiny | 3.19 | - | Pausing | N/A
Diplomacy | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | N/A
Europa Europa: European Empires Mod | 1.52 | - | Abandoned | N/A
Extra | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | N/A
History In The Making | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | N/A
History Rewritten | 3.19 | - | Work in progress | Expanded and Enhanced BTS for Mac and Windows
K-Mod: Far Beyond the Sword | 3.19 | - | Work In Progres | N/A
Late Game Mod | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | BtS expansion with focus on the modern era
Legends Of Revolutions | 3.19 | Finnish | Abandoned | N/A
Max Riga | 3.??, 1.?? | Russian | Abandoned | Expansion with focus on cold war.
Merged Mod | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | N/A
Modern Earth | 3.19 | - | Work in progress | Earth 2010 with minor changes and a Giant Earth Map
Mongoose Mod | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | N/A
MoreStuffMod | 3.19 | | Work in Progress | Exactly what the title says
Neoteric World | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | N/A
NextWar Tritium | 3.19 | - | Work in progress | Next War + RevDCM + most of Gold + extras
Orion's Grand Inquisition | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Expansion with focus on religion
Probably Improved Gameplay Mod (PIG) | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | N/A
Quot Capita | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | N/A
Realism Invictus | 3.19 | Chinese | Work In Progress | focus on diversity and in a more realistic feel.
RedForce.SB | 3.00 - 3.19 | Russian | Work In Progress | Gives the player the option to select many different balancing and other changes
Rise Of Mankind 2 | 3.19, 3.17 | - | Abandoned | N/A
Rise Of Mankind - A New Dawn | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | N/A
Special Forces | 3.17, 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | Adds more to UUs and Modern/Future Era units...and Modern/Future Era UUs
The Resource Mod | 3.19 | - | Work in progress | mod only about new resources
Thomas' War | 3.19, 3.17 | - | Abandoned | N/A
Total War | 3.19 | - | Pausing | N/A
Vincentz Infinite Projects | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | N/A
Wolfshanze 1850-1920 Enhancement Mod v2.0 | 3.17 | - | Finished | N/A
[/PRE]

Total conversion

[PRE]
Name/Download | Version | Languages | Status | Description Age of Discovery | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | European expansion into the New World 1300 to 1700
Alexander The Great | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | Ancient Greece
American Mod | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Replaces every civilization with important American figures. Includes RevDCM
Ancient Europe | 3.19 | | Work in Progress | Total conversion of Ancient Europe, Asia Minor and North Africa
Axis Powers Hetalia | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Manga mod in the Hetalia universe
Babylon 5 | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Final Frontier total conversion into the Babylon 5 universe
Barbarian Alliance | 3.19 | - | Finished | Play with the barbarians
Battle Of Hastings | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | British middle ages
Blood & Iron | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | World War I mod, not in a really playable state
Dragonia II | 3.13 | - | Abandoned | Fantasy mod
Dune Wars | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Scifi mod in the universe of Frank Herberts Dune
Extreme Mod | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | N/A
Fairy Tale | 3.19 | - | Pausing | Fantasy mod
Fall from Heaven 2 | 3.19 | | Finished | The ultimative fantasy mod
Fall Further | 3.19 | | Pausing | Fall from Heaven 2 Modmod
Orbis | 3.19 | - | Pausing | Fall from Heaven 2 Modmod
Master Of Mana - Wildmana | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Fall from Heaven 2 Modmod
Rise From Erebus (Fall Further Plus) | 3.19 | - | Completed | Fall from Heaven 2 Modmod
Rise From Erebus patch to v 1.41 | 3.19 | - | Completed | Fall from Heaven 2 Modmod
Ashes of Erebus | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Fall from Heaven 2 Modmod
Fictionalization IV | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | Alternative world with film/book references
Final Frontier Plus | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Final-Frontier expansion/enhancement
Fury Road | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | postapocalyptic mod, inspired by Mad Max
Future-Mod | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | Futuristic mod
Gods Of Warfare | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | A scifi mod placed in space with planets as the cities and not solar sytems
Hecatea | 3.17 | - | Abandoned | Ancient greece
Imperium Romanum | 3.19 | | Pausing | Ancient Rome
Iran Iraq War | 3.19 | - | Pausing | The 8-year Iran Iraq War and surrounding conficts
Italyization | 3.19 | | Finished | Mod about italy
Jamie's Rome Mod | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Ancient rome
Just For Fun | 3.19 | - | Pausing | N/A
Knights of Saint John | 3.19 | - | Pausing | Crusaders mod
Legends Of Ancient Arabia | 2.13 | - | Finished | Pre-Islamic Arabia
Mars, Now | 3.19 | | Pausing | Scifi on Mars
Medieval Age (Fictional) | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | Alternative history. What if the roman empire had not been destroyed?
Multiverse | 3.19 | - | In Progress | a mod of a mod, with historical, sci-fi, magic, and steampunk style
MoO2Civ | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | Final Frontier total conversion into the Master of Orion universe
Narnia Mod | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | Fantasy mod in the Narnia universe
Pendragon Mod | 3.19 | - | Finished | Fantasy mod about the pendragon book series. Also available as a merge with the K-Mod.
Planetfall | 3.19 | | Work in Progress | Science fiction. A Civ4 interpreation of Alpha Centauri
Conflict On Chiron | 3.19 | | Work in Progress | Planetfall modmod. Adds Call To Power and Alien Crossfire features to the mod and a lot more
Realms Of Kylorin | 3.19 | - | Finished | Sudoku!!!
Rhye's And Fall | 3.19, 2.??, 1.?? | - | Finished. | If you want to play history, then this is your mod
Rhye's And Fall: Dawn Of Civilization | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Expansion to Rhye's and Fall
Rhye's And Fall Europe | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Rhye's And Fall with focus on Europe
Rhye's And Fall of The Greek World | 3.?? | - | Abandoned | Rhye's And Fall with focus on Greece
Rhye's And Fall RAND | 3.19 | - | Finished | All RFC features, but on random maps
Rhye's And Fall: The Sword of Islam | 3.19 | Chinese | Finished | Rhye's and Fall with focus on the Middle East
Rise And Fall Of The Roman Empire | 2.13 | - | Work in Progress | Ancient rome
S.P.Q.R. | 1.61 | | Abandoned | Ancient rome
Sengoku Jidai | 3.17, 3.19 | - | Finished | Japan in the middle ages
Star Trek | 3.19 | - | Work in Progress | Final Frontier total conversion into the Star Trek universe
Stone Age Mod | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | Mod about the stone age ;)
The Ancient Mediterranean MOD | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | Mod about the Antiquity
The Great War | ? . ?? | - | Abandoned | Total conversion with the focus on the 1. World War
The History Of The Three Kingdoms | 3.19 | - | Finished | a total conversion mod about Chinese Middle Ages
The Hundred Years' War | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | Total conversion with the focus on the 100 years war
The Invasion Of Kuwait | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | The 3-day Iraqi invasion of Kuwait of 1990
The Road to War - Historical 1.04 | 3.19 | - | Finished | WWII Europe with Historical Details
The Road to War - Historical 2.x | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | WWII Global with Historical Details
The World Of Ullyses | 3.19 | | Pausing | Mythology mod
These Fractured States Of America | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | Alternative history about the USA...or rather if there was no USA
Travel through time: modern alliances | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | a modern mod from 1900-present day
Travel Through Time: Africa | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | Mod focussing on the history of Africa
Travel Through Time: Unwritten History | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | Mod focussing on the Native Americans
Travel Through Time: Eurocentrism | 3.19 | - | Work In Progress | Mod focussing on Europe
Warhammer Fantasy Battles | 3.19 | - | Abandoned | FfH2 total conversion into the Warhammer Fantasy Battles universe
[/PRE]

Made all the corrections/additions (unless i overlooked any), thank you both :).

I split the list now up into 3 posts (one per section), because i reached the character limit of 30 000 per post.

General suggestions

Thanks for the list, I think it is very much needed, however, in this shape and form it doesn't serve it's purpose too well - the two problems being:
- too many mods; it's not a place for subjective selection, but I don't think unfinished, abandoned mods have to be listed, and they make up a very large part of the whole; alternatively, they could be moved below into spoiler; same with finished mods that were never updated and thus don't work with the latest version of a given expansion *

The abandoned ones are mostly listed because they are (or have been) really big and had quite some audience.
Maybe i've also not been clear about "abandoned": These mods all have downloads, but they haven't reached their final state (at least that's how i see it).

In some cases they have to be listed, because e.g. Tholishs Future mod has nothing comparable around.

Maybe i could split the lists again up :think: (but not necessarily with spoiler).

- ultrashort descriptions; I wouldn't expect any one person to do it; but I think you could simply allow people to submit more than half a sentence of neutral description of what the mod is about; a paragraph of X words? etc.

Not sure if everyone could be really neutral :ack:.
In general a good idea. I added the ultrashort description, because i wanted to give at least a short pointer in the right direction (mainly needed for the total conversions), but didn't have neither the time nor the knowledge about every mod to write something more detailed.

:think: what would be a good amount of words? 100? 200?

[*] that being said, some of the mods listed as Abandoned are really Complete/Finished, i.e. History of the Three Kingdoms.

Might be already clearifed with the part 2 sections above, but i thought the creators vanished in between :confused:.

But yes, i don't have an overview everywhere, that's why i need some help :).

Thanks for finding the mistake :).
You are welcome, that's what we are here for!

I find this thread very very usefull so I'll help in anyway I can!

About Hearts Of Iron - the download isn't active at the moment so maybe the status should be pausing?...

I know that it's currently under development (you don't see it here, but in the german forum you can), so that's not quite right :/.
I added a note to the list, that the download is currently not available.
If this doesn't change within 2 weeks, i'll remove it from the list until there's again something there to download. Normally i'd not like to have something invalid here, but because i see that it might change maybe soon, i'll wait a bit (would sure be applied to every other mod too).

Thanks again for the hint and for the compliment :).

thanks for the thread, this has been needed for a while

travel through time: Modern Alliances should be put under Total conversions probably since it has a new tech tree based on modern times, althought short summary: a modern mod from 1900-present day

Also if you could put travel through time: Africa, that one is just an expansion, brief summary: Mod focussing on the history of Africa

both are 3.19 and only in English and work in progresses

Thanks!:ninja:

Top Bottom