WWII PBEM - Tora

Luthor, which patch do you have?

Can you start a generic PBEM game and send me (and everyone) a save to see if I (all of us) can open it? If I can, it's an issue with the Mod. If I can't, it's an issue with my setup...

I have 3.19.

The .dll file I've sent you was of the MOD, not the general BtS one.

Why don't you you try to start a PBEM in the MOD and send it to me. If it works, then we can try that way.

Whooooa! Hold on! Yes we all need to have the same download exactly.

I tested and it worked based on the download with 2 links and that would have the art in place. Post#24If you've removed your art we are no longer equal!

we can not receive a file from you to make ours work because that would crash every other game we play with others!!!

There is 2 solutions;
1 Luther reinstall the mod in its original content
2 repeat step 1 and remove the "Art" again but this time write exactly what you did step by step so we can do exactly the same thing.

As Mitchum said we need a test file before you send the Main game on

Whooooa! Hold on! Yes we all need to have the same download exactly.
OK... so that's it... I did test this with another player and he said it was "OK" but maybe there was a communication error... I'll try to clarify that with him.

I've tried to send the USA file but the same error occured.

So I need to adapt. I'll try to change (again) the sequence so if the Axis starts the game it should go smooothly... at least for you!
I think the MOD can be interesting (haven't really played to understand the details) but I really dislike the terrain... what do you guys think about it? There was someone else who didn't like it either, but what about the rest?

I'll try to change the play order so that the Axis start first. This will solve your problem... and I'll have to adapt.

I started a random game using the mod. The save is attached. Everyone should see if they can open it.

For some reason, in the first save I could see the interface (scoreboard, unit details, etc.) in the original save when I launched the game but I could NOT see it when I opened the attached.

This save was created with the original graphics for the mod.

Attachments

• Mitch's_Game_AD-1930-January_to_N._Alcala-Zamora.CivBeyondSwordSave
    143.9 KB · Views: 140
OK. That's great. Maybe others can try opening it as well. If all is good, should I start the scenario?

BTW, were you able to see the interface? I usually hit Ctrl-I or Alt-I to turn it off or on but that seemed to have no effect in this mod...

Yes it works and for the record I has since I downloaded it.

I'm either way with the graphics, I'll just do as the majority.

The question I'll have in a few weeks will be will it work on my laptop???

OK, I've received the turn and it's not loading - there's a mod error, "not in correct location" or some such.

I downloaded and ran the exe, then moved the folders to the corresponding positions in \Program Files (x86) from \Program Files.

As for the zip files, yes I already have 7zip installed, I'm familiar with its use and how to unzip files, but 7zip is telling me there's something wrong with what I downloaded.

Any ideas?

I'll try redownloading the zip files in the meantime.

Right, extracted the zip files OK that time, put them in the BtS Mods directory, but program stops while loading after double clicking sent save file.

?

In my case I originally put it in the wrong folder before I realized there was a BTS folder in the main BTS folder and a Mod folder in both.

For me it ended up as;
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Try starting BtS and going to Advanced_Load a Mod (or something like that). See if you can even see this mod as an option (World War II 1939 IIRC). If so, try loading it. If that works, try starting a single player game with the mod. If you can't do all of that, then the issue is with your mod and not the save file.

EDIT: I'm not on my computer with Civ or I'd give more explicit instructions. I hope you can figure it out with the above.

Sorry i'm not more help, you all are outside of my range of knowledge when it comes to these issues... but if its any consolation, the latest test file I received in email seemed to have loaded correctly, I believe my issue was the mod terrain and thats it. I am fine using the standard terrain.

Try starting BtS and going to Advanced_Load a Mod (or something like that). See if you can even see this mod as an option (World War II 1939 IIRC). If so, try loading it. If that works, try starting a single player game with the mod. If you can't do all of that, then the issue is with your mod and not the save file.

EDIT: I'm not on my computer with Civ or I'd give more explicit instructions. I hope you can figure it out with the above.

I can see the mod in the load a mod screen, and select it, but can't see how to actually load it, or any of the other mods for that matter.

As I emailed you all just now this probably isn't the game for me just now due to increasing real life time commitments (too much to learn) so I'll bow out now.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Ok.

Apart from Japan I think we are all on board. I already have a potential substitute for Japan, I'll PM him to see if he is still interested.

I've managed to change the playing order so I will no longer play for the Allies!
However I will play for one of the AI nations for 1 turn (the nation which starts the game). But I think that, this way, is less akward!

I've managed to change the playing order so I will no longer play for the Allies!
However I will play for one of the AI nations for 1 turn (the nation which starts the game). But I think that, this way, is less akward!

You already know the state of every Civ since you created the scenario, so I'm not sure that playing a turn for the Allies makes any difference in my opinion. I'd say do whatever is easiest for you and something that we know works. For example, do you know what happens when we've all played a turn and the AI that started the game comes back around?

You already know the state of every Civ since you created the scenario, so I'm not sure that playing a turn for the Allies makes any difference in my opinion.
Some people had objections. It was not because of the information itself but because of decisions that have to be made in turn 1 (what to produce, what to research, etc). Instead of postponing this decisions 1 turn, they can do it in the first turn. This way is better. I am also happy that I could figure out how to change the playing order.:)

do you know what happens when we've all played a turn and the AI that started the game comes back around?
Yes I do!
EDIT: As I started with the nation but retired immediatly after, therefore the nation is now played by the AI. The GB player should send the file directly to you! As simples as that! :)

It has began!!!!

Russia declares war! It declares war on the bourgeoisie officers inside the Red Army!!!

As for the rest of the world, the USSR would like to declare itself neutral to the conflicts that are arising around the world!

Luthor Stalin

GPS

Top Bottom