Deleatur's 1st Pitboss

deleatur

Warlord
Hello All

After a lot of :mad:
and some of :cry:
and a little:(
No I am not on the toilet. I simply was getting feed up waiting for another Pitboss game to open up. Then I realized why not start my own Pitboss game. This way I could have fun and payback this small but cool community of gamers.

So sign ups are now due for Deleatur's first ever Pitboss. I am going to cap it at ten because I am planning on running it on the standard map. I also plan on the game being Warlords and 24 hour limit. I will listen to suggestions.

Post Leader choices and we will get started as soon as able.

Also anybody that plays should give a shout out to GFletch who patiently and cheerfully walked me through port forwarding. He made this all possible. He aso counts as second player taking Tokugawa. I am going to play Wang Kon. Everybody else is up for grabs.

Jeez Four down already

deleatur Wang Kon Korean
GFletch Tokugawa Japan
classical hero Bismarck German
Kmac33 Washington American

6 spots still open

Wow, great timing.
One game I'm in finished and I'm about to be eliminated :)mad:) from another.
And here opportunity knocks...

I've never played Mali so may I sign up with Mansa Musa please?

deleatur Wang Kon Korean
GFletch Tokugawa Japan
basman grob Alexander Greek
Johnhs Mansa Musa Mali

I'd like in too, I want to see everyone else's leaders, then I'll sort of randomize mine to give me one I haven't tried before.

deleatur Wang Kon Korean
GFletch Tokugawa Japan
basman grob Alexander Greek
Johnhs Mansa Musa Mali
namliam tbd
Maydrock random
Phabuk Napolean France
JMaltman tbd

I am planning on setting the game up tonight around 8:30 PM PST
The settings I was planning on are:
Map: Fractal
Size:Standard
Climate: Temperate
Sea Level: Medium
Era:Ancient
Speed:Epic (In it for the long haul)
Simultaneous Turns: Yes

Also no war for the first ten turns (isn't this standard?)
Finally no double moves during war unless player is in danger of missing a turn.

So let me know what you think. I will at least listen to any suggestion...well I will at least read it.

Actually I am just used to playing epic in SP. Anybody else have any thoughts on epic versus normal. I realize by playing epic we are in for a long haul (well those of us who survive ;) ) but I am willing. Do most Pitboss games get played at normal?

Epic does facilitate getting more "into" the game as opposed to skimming thru the technologies.

But I do have a problem in playing at Epic speed without simultaneous turns. Image everyone never missing doing their orders within 1 day...that's 10 days to complete just 1 turn. Now I'm not sure but isn't Epic over 1000 turns? With 10 players, that's 10,000 days!! I might not be around anymore to see this through to "the long haul";)

Also, if you do change to simultaneous turns, set the turn timer to 20 hrs. I believe the timer stops while people are logged on so in reality the 20 hrs materialises into 24 hrs.

I am planning on setting the game up tonight around 8:30 PM PST
The settings I was planning on are:
Map: Fractal
Size:Standard
Climate: Temperate
Sea Level: Medium
Era:Ancient
Speed:Epic (In it for the long haul)
Simultaneous Turns: No

Also no war for the first ten turns (isn't this standard?)
Finally no double moves during war unless player is in danger of missing a turn.

So let me know what you think. I will at least listen to any suggestion...well I will at least read it.

These are kind of contradictory, the "no double moves" rules only applies when ones has Simultaneous turns. We really need simulatious turns...
Epic Dont mind (if Simultanious), all settings seem fine to me...

How/what about
- Tech trading
- Victory conditions
- Villages (I like them off for the balance)
- Barbs?
- Turn limit, i.e. time victory??
- Permenant Alliances?
- "No razing" rule? (I dont mind it off)

Hello All

I changed Simultaneous turns to yes. On the matter I plead utter ignorance and suggest we all move on...nothing to see here.

As to other issues raised
- Tech trading I say Yes unless convinced otherwise
- Victory conditions All victory conditions will be achievable
- Villages While I understand the balance issue I sure do love the goody huts and would miss them terribly. So unless opposition to them is loud and frequent I am going to have them in the game.
- Barbs? Random? I will not check the raging barbarians that is for sure.
- Turn limit, i.e. time victory?? Since the game is currently set to go as epic not to worried about reaching the limit bit I am inclined to leave it as possible.
- Permenant Alliances? I am thinking leave this off as I would rather the game be more free wheeling but I might be misunderstanding the setting.
- "No razing" rule? (I dont mind it off) Raze away I think.

I Would love to hear more feedback and I will move the start time back a day to get the settings right.

David

yes we should play with simultaneaous turns, for the others rules it's as you want...

So...simultaneaous turns means basically whomever logs in first gets to move first on any given turn?

As I now understand it that is how it works. That is what I want for our game since as Johnhs pointed out we would all be signifigantly older by the time an epic game finished without simultaneaous turns.
That is also the reasoning for the no double moves during war rule (unless unavoidable due to turn limit.)

Top Bottom