Deleatur's 1st Pitboss

So...simultaneaous turns means basically whomever logs in first gets to move first on any given turn?
Yes basicaly, but.... I suggest we follow The Oob's set of rules for pittbos. He put some good thought into them and I agree with most if not all of them...

PA: There are no preset alliances offcourse, but it would enable two civs (or more) to team up after IIRC Commu...
I dont mind it beeing off, just asking in forehand.

Oh and .... Civstats??? I presume you will be using that!

Yes basicaly, but.... I suggest we follow The Oob's set of rules for pittbos. He put some good thought into them and I agree with most if not all of them...

PA: There are no preset alliances offcourse, but it would enable two civs (or more) to team up after IIRC Commu...
I dont mind it beeing off, just asking in forehand.

Oh and .... Civstats??? I presume you will be using that!

The Oob's rules look reasonable and we shall use them. So when I post the final setup page at the start of the game I will include that link.

PA: Can a Permanent Alliance be broken once setup? (Not that I would mind you ;) ) It doesn't sound like it from the Permanent part. If it can be broken I will include it.

And Civstats is a big yes. Way to useful not to use.

I'll try England - Victoria.

Never played them before.

And you can start the game today - I'll get to it when I get home from basketball. :D

And it will be fun to finally play in a game WITH tech trading. Never have on PTBS - since noone trusts anyone not to cheat... but now we're getting more mature people for these long term games.

deleatur Wang Kon Korean
GFletch Tokugawa Japan
classical hero Bismarck German
Kmac33 Washington American
basman grob Alexander Greek
Johnhs Mansa Musa Mali
namliam Ottoman (I think the leader is Mehmet but I will check tonight and redit this)
Maydrock random
Phabuk Napolean France
JMaltman Victoria England

I am planning on setting the game up tonight around 8:30 PM PST
The settings I was planning on are:
Map: Fractal
Size:Standard
Climate: Temperate
Sea Level: Medium
Era:Ancient
Speed:Epic (In it for the long haul)
Simultaneous Turns: Yes

Tech trading Yes
Victory conditions All available
Villages Yes
Barbs Random.
Turn limit Yes
Permenant Alliances No
City Razing Allowed

Yes, I also like the goodies huts. Does give something to liven up the first 50 turns.

Tech trading on? Especially in Epic. Consider this, guys. Players A and B each study a tech taking them 20-30 turns. They then trade and immediately have that number of turns advantage over everyone else. And then they do it again...
So now Alliances become ALL IMPORTANT over everything else.

I prefer tech trading off but will go with the majority.

The rest is OK with me.

And with Barbs on, the "No war in first X no of turns" aren't necessary.

[OK, I missed that we're already on the 2nd page and typed this after reading to the end of the 1st page. Seems like Tech trading decision is made. No problem.]

What is "SGOTM 2 IIRC" ?

Actually so far the vote does seem to be for tech trading but until the game is actually started it is still an open question. I do not have enough experience in online to really have a formed opinion. It does seem that an alliance has the tech edge but then an alliance has an overall production lead also. Anyway as I was saying tech trading is still on unless a bunch of you post against it.

Seems the world is already starting to take shape and the implications thereof...strategies will have to be rethought. Now maybe your closest neighbor will be your best friend instead of your worst enemy...earlier alliances will have to be formed and the deeper the backstabs.

Turn limit on? Any particular reason? I think this should go on to a real victory, not a score. :D

Please let me know if you have any problems. As soon as everyone is plugged in I will list it with Civstats and put the game info at the head of this thread. If any of you have any problems please let me know as soon as possible.

Top Bottom