The Iliad

This is still the test server.

As stated in a previous post I plan on starting the game proper at 22:00 UTC on Saturday May 19th and I will give players at least 24 hours notice.

I hate you for that. i have a really good situation and I just popped a hut and I got pottery from it. I want this to be the real game. :gripe:

I hate you for that. i have a really good situation and I just popped a hut and I got pottery from it. I want this to be the real game. :gripe:

:lol: Well, look on the bright side, at least with the new random allocation of civs you are not going to have to get up at 6:00 AM on a Sunday! :sleep:

if you play in the dark with a chinese keyboard... :crazyeye:

:lol: That's why it bothers me so much!

In reality, while it might ad a small measure of security for the first couple of turns, afdter that, it's just annoying.

I have a personal dislike for it because I never freeking remember to put it in...

I'm in one game that has a server password (32 Warlords), and every single time I log in, I forget to type the password, and it makes me go back and type it in... Just makes me want to spit :p

Also, I'm in eight PTBS games at this point... :eek: If all of them had passwords, I would never remember them all...:mischief:

:lol: I just did the same thing but got Hunting from my goodie hut - although I don't really care for my start postion though...so I for one am looking forward to the "real" game starting hopefully this Saturday. ;)

ToxoXI aka Beta here.

My first post on civfanatics. :)

Waiting patiently for saturday. And I really liked my start in the test game as well. :(

Many thanks again Bolkonski for setting this up. :goodjob:

This will be my 9th ptboss game.

And btw - all the others have passwords - I simply made up a sheet to remember them. ;)

Just to announce the official start time for the "real" game will be 22:00 UTC on Saturday May 19.

I will post an email about this in a few hours time.

Also, GFletch will be joing as our last reserve player.

For those who are wondering, GFletch was one of the people in the community who was very helpful helping me set up the server. I was not able to contact him recently until today and I did reserve the last place for him.

I have already sent messages to the other two players, cds0528 and Cornelius Sulla, who expressed interest and will keep them in reserve in case any players drop out.

I will also be contacting the the three reserve players, JMaltman,
WarningU2 and GFletch to invite them to join the test server as Greece, Rome and America respectively.

Bolkonsky. ;)

UTC is the new GMT. The term hasn't caught on much outside of The EU and GB.

Wikipedia has good info about it. I think it's sort of silly to change the term, personally, because it just confuses people, but whatever, we'll all learn to read them interchangeably eventually...

errrr.... what is UTC?

UTC = Universal Time Coordinated

...just a way of making sure that we are all on the same page or rather start at the same time.

The game start time will be:

22:00 UTC (10:00 PM) on Saturday May 19th.

This will be:

3:00 PM PDT on Saturday May 19th on the West Coast of North America
6:00 PM EDT on Saturday May 19th on the East Coast of North America
00:00 CEST on Sunday May 20th in Western Europe (France & The Netherlands)
6:00 AM AWST on Sunday May 20th in Western Australia
10:00 AM NZST on Sunday May 20th in New Zealand

For more information check out http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/

;)

Thank you all for your patience. :) Everyone who has logged on to the test server so far has done so successfully. :clap: There were a couple of counting errors :shake: when players joined the game but those who made mistakes are were aware of them :yup: and I doubt that this will happen again when the game starts. :nope: If you count up from the bottom please remember that there are 18 civilizations. A couple of the reserve players still have to try the server out but I do not think that they will have any problems. Hopefully now when we are up and running there will be no issues we will have the minimum of downtime. I am running the server on an uninterruptible power supply, :cooool: which will cope with all but the most severe of power outages.

For the game a new map will be generated and new random civilizations will be allocated. Please use the number allocated to you, which is the same as in the first post of this thread, as follows:

Civilizations & Leaders

Bolkonsky (1)
the oob (2)
namliaM (3)
classical_hero (4)
Wittlich (5)
WarningU2 (6)
whiplash_CDC (7)
portuga (8)
Pinchak (9)
Rycheman (10)
Maydrock (11)
Toni (12)
amh52 (13)
Niamor (14)
Beta (15)

Reserve list

JMaltman (16)
GFletch (17)
cds0528 (18)

The game start time will be:

Spoiler :
:woohoo: 22:00 UTC/GMT (10:00 PM) on Saturday May 19th. :woohoo:
3:00 PM PDT on Saturday May 19th on the West Coast of North America
6:00 PM EDT on Saturday May 19th on the East Coast of North America
00:00 CEST on Sunday May 20th in Western Europe (France & The Netherlands)
6:00 AM AWST on Sunday May 20th in Western Australia
10:00 AM NZST on Sunday May 20th in New Zealand

Please remember that turns are set at 16 hours.

Once it is up and running I will list the game on CivStats.

The test server will remain up for the time being.

Any questions, please post in the game thread or PM/email me.

Bolkonsky.;)

UTC is the new GMT. The term hasn't caught on much outside of The EU and GB.

Wikipedia has good info about it. I think it's sort of silly to change the term, personally, because it just confuses people, but whatever, we'll all learn to read them interchangeably eventually...

Thanks for that CB.I'm in GB and have never heard of UTC!

Top Bottom