The Iliad

We are supposed to count up from the bottom? Or do you mean subtract your number from 18 if counting up from the bottom?
You're supposed to count from the top, taking care that the list is long, and depending of your screen's resolution you can't see all the civs; then you have to pay attention to the lift (right of the list) to be at top when begining to count. :scan:

Also make sure that you take into account that if someone else is already logged in when you reach the list of civs, their civ wont appear in the list...

Maybe it would be prudent for our hard-working host to post a list of who is supposed to have what civ right before opening the server. :)

Sorry if my suggestions keep making more work for you ;)

We are supposed to count up from the bottom?

In a word, no. :nope: You should count down from the top. :yup: I apologise if my post was confusing.

What I was getting at is whether you should count down or count up when locating your civilization. It depends where you are on the list and what is easiest.

For example, Whiplash_CDC, you are seventh on the list and it is easier for you to count down seven civilizations from the top. You also happen to be twelve civilizations from the bottom but as your civilization is closer to the top it would not make any sense to count from the bottom.

However, take Beta, for example. He is number fifteen. As his civilization is only fourth from the bottom it would be easier for him to count up from the bottom.

Or do you mean subtract your number from 18 if counting up from the bottom?

:thanx: Thanks for bringing this up because I suspect that this is where people make a mistake because you are not subtracting; you are counting, which is different. It can be confusing :confused: but I will try to explain:

If you subtract your number from the total number of civilizations you will end up with 18-7=11 and if you were to count up eleven civilizations from the bottom you would end up with the wrong civilization :nono: because your civilization is actually twelve civilizations from the bottom.

Note 7+12=19 but there are only eighteen civilizations.

In real life we count like this when we use a calander, for example today, May 18th is the eighteenth day of the month of May but it is the thirteenth day before the end of the month. Note 18+13=32 but there are only thirty-one days in May.

[offtopic] Interestingly the Romans used to count their days down towards the first of the following month but I digress... :spank:

Bolkonsky.;)

Also make sure that you take into account that if someone else is already logged in when you reach the list of civs, their civ wont appear in the list...

:hmm: Ah... if that is the case perhaps that was the issue.

Maybe it would be prudent for our hard-working host to post a list of who is supposed to have what civ right before opening the server. :)

:thanx: Thank you for the suggestion, as ever, helpful, CB. I can do that but I will have to find a way :mischief: of protecting the civs :yeah: so that no one gets in before they should. :rotfl:

Sorry if my suggestions keep making more work for you ;)

No problem! :)

Bolkonsky. ;)

I do the same thing as well. :goodjob:

I have mine on notepad so that I can easily copy and paste them, so that I don't have to keep typing them in. It would be nice if Pitbosslauncher worked for Warlords.

So will the game have a password or not?

:yup: Yes , after some thought and mindful that this is undesired by some , I :hide: er... um... have decided to implement a password.

Two of the three players on the reserve list have not responded to my email inviting then to try out the test server; My best guess is that this is because they may be away at present. I do not want them returning and logging into the game by accident before they should. Hence the password will only be given to the initial fifteen players who start at 4000 BC.

Also, I will email to players the new password together with the list of civilizations randomly allocated to minimise the risk of a someone taking the wrong civilization. :thumbsup:

So, the sequence of events will be as follows:

The test server will be taken down at 21:00 UTC, about an hour before the “real” game starts.

The game will start slightly earlier than 22:00 UTC so that I can find out what is the random allocation.

Then list of players with their random allocation will be posted on the game thread.

Then the list and the password for the game will be emailed to all of the initial fifteen players.

Hopefully that should minimise problems. ;)

The game is now running. Please enter at your leisure.

The Civilizations have been randomly allocated as follows:

Bolkonsky (1) China
the oob (2) Mali
namliaM (3) Korea
classical_hero (4) India
Wittlich (5) Persia
WarningU2 (6) Zulu
whiplash_CDC (7) Egypt
portuga (8) Rome
Pinchak (9) Germany
Rycheman (10) Carthage
Maydrock (11) France
Toni (12) Mongolia
amh52 (13) Inca
Niamor (14) Aztec
Beta (15) Japan

Reserve list

(will join at 3700 BC unless one of the initial players is eliminated)

JMaltman (16) Russia
GFletch (17) Viking
cds0528 (18) Greece

The password has been sent to you by email.

Thank you all for participating. I wish you all a good game.

In and played my first turn just fine.

thanks again Mr B for setting this up. :goodjob:

Bolkonski, what is the password for registering our leader? It is evidently not the same password as the game...

I know that you have to go into every individual players screen and set the password individually (within CivStats)...have you done that yet?

I know that you have to go into every individual players screen and set the password individually (within CivStats)...have you done that yet?

I have not put any password in for any player, except myself.

Without a password can't a player just log in and choose their own?

Do I have to give a different password to each player?

Nope. The administrator has to place the password for us. Leaving it blank doesn't work...I suggest keeping the password simple and the same for everyone (to make your work easier). ;)

Nope. The administrator has to place the password for us. Leaving it blank doesn't work...I suggest keeping the password simple and the same for everyone (to make your work easier). ;)

:hmm: More passwords! :woohoo:

I had better not say anything but some of you can probably guess what I am thinking! :rolleyes:

OK I will set up password for everyone and email it to you all. :D

dear oh dear oh dear oh me.... :shake: and I thought I could just put my feet up :sleep: as I had everything figured out :nono: and it all be just a piece of cake, speaking of which I think I'll take a break. :coffee:

Passwords can wait for a few minutes....

Top Bottom