CIV REV to go for it or not to go?

There are some minor differences in the DS version. For example, there is no way to sell units. That feature is (from what I've been given to understand) only available on the console versions. Also, I believe only the console versions have been patched, so the mega city strategy still works on the DS. There's also some kind of infinite militia exploit on the DS that was never available on the consoles.

I think the best feature of CivRev is the multiplayer but SP isn't bad and a lot of people like the game that way. Basically, do you like civ? Are you okay with a version of civ that takes 2-3 hours tops to go from 4000BC all the way up to space flight? If so, CivRev is for you. If you want to play 40 hour games, then stick to the PC versions. Civ V is out soon.

The console DLC isn't that great. The new artifacts and wonders aren't as good or as useful as the existing ones, except the few that are sort of broken (Camelot can let any civ have multiple knight armies very early on). Also, none of the DLC is available in ranked games. You can use some of the maps in unranked games, provided all players have the maps. The scenarios are okay, I guess, if you really like the single player game.

I too <3 MOO.

So talking about console DLC, we're saying not available for the DS, but the DS can get maps of the week and only maps of the week?

Seems like the game either way is worth the $10 pickup. Thanks for the quick feedback.

Top Bottom