Suggestion: CivRev 2 as a 3DS exclusive

mattigus

Warlord
I enjoyed CivRev on the 360 a lot, but playing it on the DS was amazing. Being able to play a game of Civ anywhere I go has made my DS necessary every time I travel. E3 just ended, and they announced a new Nintendo DS system, with better graphics, better internet connectivity, and a larger screen with 3d effects without glasses.

With Civ5 coming out this year to placate the hardcore audience, and CivNetwork coming out this summer for the casual players, I think Firaxis could really push the Civ platform by releasing a new CivRev for the 3DS at launch. Having Civ on the go was amazing, but imagine if they really focused on portable play instead of just a regular console port. Every feature used on the hardware could be used in some cool way, like city view on a 3D screen. How cool would that be?!

The 3DS is an impressive piece of hardware, and Civ seems perfect for a portable system, where you can just play a few turns and go about your day. CivRev on the DS was fine, but it could be so much better with a team dedicated to specifically making the game work as a handheld game, not just a console port.

True, that would be awesome! Civ Rev is all I use my DSi for now.

Top Bottom