Open Spots in NES.

:bump:

The as-of-yet-untitled SKNES III, to which the link is in my sig, is currently in sign-ups. This NES should hopefully be a fun alternate 19th century NES, so if that interests you come over and join.

My NES, TLKNES: Bella Époque has a lot of openings.

Firstly, several notable colonial powers are available: Portugal, the Netherlands, the Commonwealth of New England and Spain

The Ottoman Empire, still a very potent force, though suffering through a war with Greece and the Mahdists is free.

Regional powers, such as Persia, Bolivia, Chile, Bulgaria, Sweden, Mexico and the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies are open, and have the potential to be key players immediately.

And finally, smaller more customize-able nations such as California, Texas, Paraguay, Padania and the Duchy of Warsaw have a lot of potential, and could use some love.

The game itself is fairly simple to learn and play, and the world is still wide-open. I'm also trying to encourage some more role-playing, (as after all it's a Never Ending Story) so if you enjoy that element of the NES, please know I enjoy and reward it.

Any questions, message me!

You should convince Joan to play as Catalonia. No anti-French intentions here!

Time to flex my voodoo muscles and raise an excellent thread from the dead. Why isn't this thing stickied, especially given the community schism, with some players entrenched and many floating between forums? Surely we need this or a similar stickied thread of its nature more than ever? Anyway without further ado I wish to point you to:

DeSTG I: A Fallen Star

DeSTG I: A Fallen Star

I present for your consideration DeSTG I: A Fallen Star. It is a reasonably quick game (circa 2 updates a month with a month of writing now, as Decamper's super busy) combining story and board game elements, as this game does. It has an actively evolving rule set with player input into such decisions. It has several well-established colonies that need a shake-up from a second wave effort. Decamper and the players themselves will make sure this is fair and that you are all welcomed in. The ruleset is intuitive and Decamper and I, at least, check in almost every day.

Its setting is fantasy (Pathfinder/D&D 3.5 inspired with player brought nuance). Specifically you are colonial (interpret how you wish) expeditions charting a newly discovered large island/small continent initially in search of a unique magical resource. You pick out a particular tropey race then fill out some details such as the type of mission/parent nation (are you imperialists (I ended up inverting this with anti-imperials from an imperial nation) or industrialists or escaped convicts) and your starting characters (required are two heroes and a colonial leader). Orders are all publicly visible by default, so you can see players' styles and the level of detail required, but can and probably will become private PMs as required.

Exciting new mercenary mechanic has been introduced for players looking for an unconventional/lighter playstyle more based around stories and combat. However, there is no guarantee you'd be hired and you would have to talk to Decamper about the specifics of implementation. I would love to collab with a player interested with my Knights of the Great-Mother for example.

But really we want a few more colonial players. There is one living NPC still to take over. Theocratic monotheistic orcs. Nothing more yet defined really beyond a few characters. Possible opponents to the necromancers and their colonial venture? End up allying against common foes like drakes and trolls to survive this harsh new world? Both?

Come and explore the world of DeNES. It's a fantastical new world!

It's a Frontier game so PM me or Decamper (or post here) if interested and we'll get you approved.

Approval Forum

Top Bottom