SGOTM 15 - Xteam

Alright, seems that there is a consensus about most things.

I'll get out a round of spears as quickly as possible (except vija and pat) and delay our attack on hatty until then. maybe i can gather some info on her land. MC for 220 gold seems fine.

Plan will be to capture the workers next turn then sign peace with toku.
Priorities are IW, Archery, HBR, Alpha, Sailing, Med it seems. As already said i would continue with eng until we can get it with the bulb.

Will play in a couple hours until we're ready for declaration at most, if nothing noteworthy happens. Fingers crossed for iron...

Good Luck and Happy Hunting. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, from the maintenance thread:
Just to clarify something:

The winner of the SGOTM will be the team with the fastest victory, of any kind, that followed the special condition regarding Hinduism.

Teams that do not follow the special condition will be ranked after teams that do, in order of fastest finish. There will be no distinction made about degrees of not following the Hinduism rule.

So, if you are worried about your very survival, don't forget that you always have the option of changing out of Hindu.
Someone must be having some fun besides us. :mischief:

All the times we have tried to post tabular info in the forum, found this in Site Feedback:
Cool idea!
Promo|XP Cost
0|0
1|10
2|30
3|60
4|100
5|150

[table="Promotions"]
Promo|XP Cost
0|0
1|10
2|30
3|60
4|100
5|150
[/table]
Thought it might come in handy one day... ;)

Played 4 turns so far.

Hammu got longbows. We're back in the worst-enemy-of-everybody-club. Hatshe got her hands full, too. :crazyeye:

But we're no longer scared of her because we ripped Toku off in our peace deal. The only thing he was left with was the ability to meditate over what went wrong for him. (= we got exactly what we wanted :D) The only unfortunate thing was that he got currency one or two turns after we made the deal. Can't get anything i suppose.

We have iron in dehli and pat, the former already hooked up. 2 spears are on the way to the army, one will follow next turn. Dehli, Pat and Bombay currently producing a CB every 2 turns.

Put a forge in the queue in osaka, but it's up for debate. Not sure what we want to do with the city in the long run yet.

Also thought of maybe building a spy or two to get sight on hatshe's land. Opinion's?

As we need a couple more turns to prepare for our next attack, i pulled the mainstack into tokyo saving us ~10 gpt. Also did the MC trade to Hammu for 220 gold.
We're sitting at 377 (-4 gpt) at 0%

Started Eng but it's still at 0%. Problem is we need 425 beakers to get eng+bulb. right now could barely get it but we would be broke before we can start the war. I could sell mono to shaka for 50 gold but it'd also be close. I'd continue with 0% for now until i know a good estimate for our declaration against hatshe to hopefully time it with our capture gold from the first city.

Got islam spread in tokyo and lost two forests to satsuma.

Will probably stop for today as it's getting late. Will continue in ~12h. Adding a couple CBs and cats to our army would be the next goal.

Overview screenshots:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Gandhi AD-0350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    267.5 KB · Views: 47
Like the idea of building several spies to give us a look around. :goodjob:

I think Toku had Currency but could not trade it because of no brokering rule. Does the prohibition expire if a certain number of Civs learn the tech?

Glad to hear we have Iron and XBows. Now we need Trebs... :)

Off to have a look.

But we're no longer scared of her because we ripped Toku off in our peace deal. Probably should be. Has cats now and will have WEs if trades for, or techs, HBR.

Put a forge in the queue in osaka, but it's up for debate. Not sure what we want to do with the city in the long run yet. Forge fine by me.

Also thought of maybe building a spy or two to get sight on hatshe's land. Opinion's? See below.

As we need a couple more turns to prepare for our next attack, i pulled the mainstack into tokyo saving us ~10 gpt. Also did the MC trade to Hammu for 220 gold.
We're sitting at 377 (-4 gpt) at 0% That's certainly an improvement. Advocate getting the gold we can for Mono before it's traded for.

Started Eng but it's still at 0%. I'd continue with 0% for now until i know a good estimate for our declaration against hatshe to hopefully time it with our capture gold from the first city.
Longer we hesitate, the better prepared Egypt will be as well. Specifically, more cats to go against us and more time to acquire HBR and WEs. Suggest we go in two turns when we'll have two spears in our stack. On that turn, the workers 2S of Tokyo can road the grass NE of the city, and we can move onto the cow pasture. At least one axe should be promoted to combat1 and charge (anti-siege), but most of promotions probably best left undone to help healing after cat attacks.

Like a crossbow in Tokyo even more than another spear (can't have everything). With chop, we will be able to whip it next turn. If we are going to build a spy, and I'm not advocating that as I never use them in Vanilla, then it should not be in a city with a barracks already built. One possibility would be to put the overflow from the Tokyo crossbow into a spy.

Note for the future: Egypt has two horses, iron, and ivory, so pillaging them is likely not worth the turn early in the battle.

Experience suggests swords after crossbow in Bombay and Delhi. (Usually use crossbows as defenders and swords to take cities, so swords prove more cost effective, assuming there are enough cats, once they can be defended.)

Longer we hesitate, the better prepared Egypt will be as well. Specifically, more cats to go against us and more time to acquire HBR and WEs

Right - sh'es preparing for war so she's building units. We wait longer means she's better prepared. We're in a hurry.

One possibility would be to put the overflow from the Tokyo crossbow into a spy.

That might be the best way to do the spy. It would be nice to look around Egypt but the two things I don't like about spies is the number of hammers they take to build and their possibility of simply vanishing in a puff of smoke without notice just when they're about to see something useful. Might be good to build, but in moderation...

Thanks for the input.

Will continue now and declare as soon as possible.
Hold off on building spies for now, because we're going in soon. May try to get some out with overflow in a couple of turns.
I really don't like swords once CBs are out, but i'll try to sneak some in.
Next update in a couple turns, probably when we see some cities of hatshe.

Had to stop after two turns.

Hathse and genghis just declared on toku and the former succesfully captured satsuma.
I don't know how many units she lost there, there were 4 CBs and one WC on the forested PH last turn.

What to do now. Should i declare next turn and look what the mini-stack does? Some of the CBs of the enemy have multiple first strikes so they'll be difficult to kill. We also don't know if this is her whole "attack force".

Possible course of action could be, declare next turn, move most of the stack on the forest 2E of tokyo. Try to kill ministack, but don't attack the PH, then move on PH to take a look around.

Attachments

• Gandhi AD-0400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    271.7 KB · Views: 26
Hathse and genghis just declared on toku and the former succesfully captured satsuma.
I don't know how many units she lost there, there were 4 CBs and one WC on the forested PH last turn.

What to do now. Should i declare next turn and look what the mini-stack does? Some of the CBs of the enemy have multiple first strikes so they'll be difficult to kill. We also don't know if this is her whole "attack force".

Possible course of action could be, declare next turn, move most of the stack on the forest 2E of tokyo. Try to kill ministack, but don't attack the PH, then move on PH to take a look around.

Delaying is still not going to help I think. Except maybe delaying until the attack force that took Satsuma heads towards Toku's capital (wherever that is - the ex-Barbarian city) and if they do that there's a good chance they won't turn around and hassle us. If they are "unassigned" and we declare they'll head straight for Tokyo probably.

Not sure how long it will take until that stack heads off though - it may not be worth waiting...

We need some Xbows of our own ASAP.

:hmm: Interesting problem.

Do not know how we can counter her XBows at this point. Yet, we need to get going.
We have only one XBow in Tokyo...
Our power rating is higher than Hatshe.
Wonder how long before her stack that took Satsuma will move towards the other Toku city. It must be along her border somewhere?

Perhaps we should whip the XBow in Kyoto? Then we can declare? Thinking we have to go next turn or soon thereafter.

CP is much better at this than I am. :blush:

As long as we have 1 or 2 xbows we should be fine. Use the whip. We have plenty of cats and that is more than enough to protect our axes and such. I am also pushing for attacking hat asap.

BTW, we should consider founding a city inside our border and gifting it to Toku with our religion in it.

BTW, we should consider founding a city inside our border and gifting it to Toku with our religion in it.
Is there any way we can gift him a Missionary?

Not that I know but it may be possible to gift if the missionary is in a caraval and in the culture. may need to gift both units.
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Probably less hammers to just build a Settler and infect the city. Just have to figure out where, NE of Bombay by the mountains?

If Toku has already adopted Judaism, what is the added advantage of converting a Japanese city to Hindu?

Concur that it makes no sense to attack this turn, as the road NE of Tokyo hasn't been completed. Suggest that two combat1 axes and 2 cats (including our inexperienced one) be moved onto the forest 2E of the city to claim that tile, as that forest would be a good staging area for a counter-attack. If the Egyptian units stay, then we stay; if they move east, then we can take the hill; if they move west onto the forest, then we may need to keep units in reserve to deal with them; if they move SW or NW, then we probably want to attack them; andif they remain in place, then we fortify and hold the tile.

Unless the Egyptian units move west IBT, let's go ahead and advance onto the cow next turn with the bulk of our army.

No chariots are visible, but they need to be considered. In particularly, may need to slow advance in order to pillage roads to minimize their mobility and counter-attack potential.

Stongly urge a sword next in Bombay. It comes out in only two turns and is usually just as effective as a crossbow against a city, while risking a substantially lower investment.

If Toku has already adopted Judaism, what is the added advantage of converting a Japanese city to Hindu?

The scenerio I have in mind is that his other two cities fall to AI and the city by India catching the Buddhist fever by accident. Then our 5 votes may become even more obsolete.

But if he has a Hindu city....

@ htadus
i don't think we're in inherent danger of losing via AP vote anytime soon.

Spoiler :

She's has to get more then 75% of the votes which isn't possible in the current situation as the Team-AI has enough votes to save us. And we'll be busy getting more AI stripped of buddhism. I also think that toku being in a completely different religion is more beneficial to us than him converting to hinduism, which he might do as soon as he gets it.
But maybe i'm missing your point completely.

Regarding the war situation, i would wait to get atleast another xbow or two in our stack using the whip/chop in the nearest cities (osaka and kyoto) and then start the war. Hoping hatshe and genghis aren't going to roam around our borders trying to get through to kago, as it would be difficult to defend and delaying our attack a bit.
If everybody is fine with that, i'd play in a couple of hours.

Top Bottom