What We Know About Brave New World

Very interesting! Thanks!

I wonder, what makes Ed Beach "so kind to answer some questions"? What is the secret?) :goodjob:

PS. Translated it into Russian.

so two new policies: aesthetics and exploration. 9 total social policies and three ideologies.

would guess aesthetics will be the new culture policy and piety will focus now solely on faith, while exploration will split commerce and take the left side of the tree with it.

so two new policies: aesthetics and exploration. 9 total social policies and three ideologies.

would guess aesthetics will be the new culture policy and piety will focus now solely on faith, while exploration will split commerce and take the left side of the tree with it.

i'm assuming there will be an exploration/commerce split but i really don't know what kind of policies could be under 'exploration'. bonuses from natural wonders?

Are we certain that Freedom/Order/Autocracy are still going to be social policies? It seems like, with the movement towards ideologies, those 3 policy trees would be redundant. Not to mention the oddness of having an Autocracy ideology (for example) and the Freedom SP. And if they lock out the other 2 and force you to take the SP that matches your ideology, again...it just seems redundant.

Edit: Just realized that no one was suggesting they were staying, I misread the posts above. But still, do we have confirmation one way or another?

~R~

From Ed Beach in civilized.de-article: "They start generating a new yield called Tourism. Tourism is your offense against the other civilizations of the world. Additionally, you can boost your tourism with open borders, trade routes, shared religion, etc. Ultimately, to win the game, if your lifetime accumulation of Tourism exceeds each other civs lifetime accumulation of Culture, you will achieve a Culture Victory. There are plenty of other ways to influence the culture game, including the new late-game Archaeology system, but we’ll save that for later."

The last sentences describe a new way to achieve cultural victory. Bite, it would be good if the info under Victories say something along the lines of "If your Tourism exceeds the other civs Culture, you win a Culture Victory". I reckon this is new and important info. :)

Nothing new but one thing: polish UB is +1 :c5food: +1:c5gold:

http://gamezilla.komputerswiat.pl/p...i-innych-nowosciach-w-dodatku-brave-new-world

and one more from the same text:
Czy możemy spodziewać się jakichś większych zmian w znanych nam już cywilizacjach?

Przerobiliśmy niektóre cywilizacje, ale z racji testowania tych zmian, nie możemy jeszcze zdradzić większej ilości szczegółów.
Can we expect any major changes in civilizations known to us already?

We reworked some civilizations, but because testing these changes, we can not yet reveal more details.

EDIT

This is some details about UU
(...) Husaria jest jedyną jednostką potrafiąca zmusić wroga do wycofania się. A jeżeli zada im więcej szkód niż sama odniesie, to otrzyma opcję wysiedlenia wrogów z ich obszaru. Jak wróg nie wycofa się, to dostanie dodatkowe obrażenia. Husaria jest więc jedyną jednostką potrafiącą przełamać linię wroga (...)
Hussars is the only unit capable of put the enemy to withdraw. And if you do more damage than taken damedge, you will get the option displacement enemies of their area. As the enemy does not withdraw now, it will get extra damage. Hussars is therefore the only unit, able to break through enemy lines

This is cool text http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/15/civilization-v-brave-new-world-preview/
RPS: Ok. And with the ideologies, presumably there can be any amount of say, freedom ideologies, they don’t get taken out of play like building a wonder does once the first person chooses it or anything?

Ed: That’s correct, that’s a good point because the way the religion system works is as you’re configuring your religion, you’re pulling those religious beliefs out of the common pool, and once you lock that belief into your religion, it wasn’t available to anyone else.

Ideologies are a little bit different but they are more free-form than the social policy trees that are in the game right now, where there are five different choices, and the way they branch is all kind of hard-wired into them. With the ideology system, we just have level one, level two and level three social policies, we actually call them ideological tenets, and you can mix and match those and configure them. You can’t get a level three tenet until you have a certain number of pre-requisite level one and level two tenets, but you can kind of build up your own ideology. Your Russian order ideology is drawing from the same pool as the Chinese order ideology of your neighbour, but they might decide to choose exactly what social policies are slotting in where, and build it a little bit differently than you are.
Wow

Trade Routes are established between two cities of different civilizations using trade route units like the Caravan or Cargo Ship. Although both parties gain gold from the route, the civilization that the trade route originates from gets a larger sum of gold than the destination civilization. Additionally, other systems hitch a ride on trade routes, like religious pressure, science (science can be gained from more advanced civilization this way), Tourism bonuses, and more.

Trade routes can also be created between two cities of the same civilization. Once the origin city has a Granary, it can send food to the destination city, and once it has a Workshop it can send production. This can be powerful if you have a new city that needs to be “pumped up”, or a city that’s constructing a Wonder that could use a production bump

From Ed Beach in civilized.de-article: "They start generating a new yield called Tourism. Tourism is your offense against the other civilizations of the world. Additionally, you can boost your tourism with open borders, trade routes, shared religion, etc. Ultimately, to win the game, if your lifetime accumulation of Tourism exceeds each other civs lifetime accumulation of Culture, you will achieve a Culture Victory. There are plenty of other ways to influence the culture game, including the new late-game Archaeology system, but we’ll save that for later."

The last sentences describe a new way to achieve cultural victory. Bite, it would be good if the info under Victories say something along the lines of "If your Tourism exceeds the other civs Culture, you win a Culture Victory". I reckon this is new and important info. :)

updated

-There will be 3 tenants within the ideologies, you must unlock enough of tenants 1 and 2 before you can unlock a level 3 tenant

tenets (sp)

Maybe also mention the introduction of buying and selling techs?
RPS: I guess it kind of does the Cold War thing a little bit as well, where two countries are really opposed without necessarily being in open conflict.

Dennis Shirk: Right. Also the way that it ties into the New World Congress to the way that you’re going to have horse-trading in terms of the buying and selling of tech with other civilisations. A lot of that coming into play in the late game, combined with the ideologies really gives it this 1980s/1990s Cold War feel.
(Or am I reading it wrong?)
===========
Also maybe add that Printing Press is needed for the World Congress (next to meeting all civs) (source: IGN)

Maybe also mention the introduction of buying and selling techs?
(Or am I reading it wrong?)

That's the way I read it, that part of the game sounds very intriguing. I wonder if that will introduce technological bullying, where a bully nation comes and demands your techonologies?

From IGN

Regarding World Congress:
"This body is created once a civilization meets every other nation in the world and creates a printing press"

Unless it's a matter of unfortunate wording, there may be a new printing press building.

We are all guessing, and combining info, but when will aspyr finally come out with the details and a trailer, or at least three more screenshots, because we are all discussing in circles, mentioning things previously mentioned

I don't think Aspyr will come out with anything, they're a company that makes the game Mac-compatible, that's all.
You're probably referring to Firaxis and when they come out with more info is unknown, but probably we'll get a bit more info at Pax East on the 23rd of march.

I don't think Aspyr will come out with anything, they're a company that makes the game Mac-compatible, that's all.
You're probably referring to Firaxis and when they come out with more info is unknown, but probably we'll get a bit more info at Pax East on the 23rd of march.

one article was rather unfortunate in blatantly stating that Aspyr was making the game and didn't mention Firaxis at all.

Top Bottom