Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
just cross-posted an edit on my original question. thanks for the help on golden ages everyone - why i thought you could get two i have no idea. i've been playing for years and to think i never noticed before!

EW

Rhye said:
The patch 1.1 is available.

got it! :dance: :dance: :D

so glad i stayed up - almost midnight here :p

Enkidu_Warrior said:
so glad i stayed up - almost midnight here :p
Bloody 'ell! Where do you live?

Rhye, can't you just attach the fixed biq to your post so people can get that if they want to?

Rhye, is this a correct statement on page 1 of the post?

You can download the whole pack (not updated: v1.01) in one zip:
http://www.3ddownloads.com/civfanat...ks/RoCX_v11.zip (82.83 MB)

And then update it with the lastest patch (v1.1, 0.5 MB)

Specifically, are "(not updated: v1.01)" and "And then update" correct? It appears that the download is already v1.1, i.e. *is* updated, and *doesn't* require the latest patch.

Rhye said:
:o

I forgot to update one of the two biqs with the decreased nuclear weapons cost. I just fixed it. It's a nuisance, but if you want to download the fixed version in any case, you can.

Is is now fixed in all three versions (five-part, upgrade, one-part via 3ddownloads)?

A mispell. Sorry.
I can't update 3D downloads: it's 1.01. I don't know why Thunderfall wrote that's 1.1.

The update is the patch below.

Otherwise, the 5 parts are updated.

dafiden said:
Is is now fixed in all three versions (five-part, upgrade, one-part via 3ddownloads)?

It is fixed now in five-part and upgrade. 3D downloads link is the old 1.01

Playing a game as the English (like the red color), and it feels strange to me that Frigates should be better attack than Man-o-wars. Also feels strange that M-o-Ws have transport. Shouldn't M-o-Ws replace the frigate? Perhaps with better attack and enslave?

So, who's posting a new thread for the SG?

I'd like to join in, and to be the 2nd or 3rd to play.
V.Soma is another one.
3 people are missing. Who's next?

And, the choice of the civ.

I propose one of those:

Egypt, Japan, France, Mongolia, Spain, Scandinavia, Korea.

My preference goes to Japan or Scandinavia.

Barak said:
Playing a game as the English (like the red color), and it feels strange to me that Frigates should be better attack than Man-o-wars. Also feels strange that M-o-Ws have transport. Shouldn't M-o-Ws replace the frigate? Perhaps with better attack and enslave?

It is in regular civ, but there is historical evidence that men-o-war were war galleons. The English built lots of frigates and lots of large (but fast) men-o-war. No galleons.

When you win a game in RoCX, the history "movie" at the end doesn't work for me. This used to work for me in vanilla CIV 3, and I specifically bought Conquests to play Rhye's, so I never used Conquests for anything but Rhye's (so I can't say if this works for me on unmodified Conquests).

Any thoughts on this?

Rhye said:
It is in regular civ, but there is historical evidence that men-o-war were war galleons. The English built lots of frigates and lots of large (but fast) men-o-war. No galleons.

During the late 18th and early 19th centuries, the British amassed a huge fleet, which was mostly French built frigates and line of battle ships taken as prizes. In all truth, the English are not known for their ship building, but instead for their sailing and fighting of them. Its just a shame that the M-o-W is mostly useless as an offensive unit (since it is NOT as good as the frigate in RoX). During the late age of sail, many transport vessels were old warships that were stripped of their cannon to house the marines and soldiers. During this period in the game (and as a student of modern European history) it feels strange to see M-o-W as a transport vessel.

Of course this is a nitpicky issue.

Playing a game now as the Americans (I notice I have started LOTS of games to see how the ancient era plays out on each continent) and the Iroqouis built 3 settlers in Salamanca, but did not move them out to settle anything. After taking out the city with an army of swordsmen (most of whom died), I got lots of slaves to work my land.

oh, and do I have everything correctly if I upgrade the RoCX 1.01 with this 0.5MB patch 1.1? I mean starting map and all?

(I don't think I understand everything around the BIQ-stuff)

Jeff1787 said:
Lord Wilsonius

This is not your first post.....You make some great arguements...but please.....don't be a fraud...

I'm not a fraud! I am genuinely new here, not some old hat poster in disguise, honestly. Do you think my name or arguments resemble a previous poster? The idea that England should be renamed 'Great Britain' may have been debated here before, but I have not read those threads - this was an argument completely of my own construction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom