No Wonder Popups Showing

Nichlenm

Chieftain
I'm having a really weird issue with world wonders.
When I finish one I don't get the usual splash screen/quote popup, they all just complete like any ordinary building. They still show up in my city and seem to work just fine otherwise.

I have been using some extra modded wonders and they have all seemed to work fine with splash screens etc until a couple of days ago. I thought this might have been the issue, but I have started a couple of totally unmodded default games and rushed the temple of artemis and still had the same problem.

I have also started a couple of modded games with just IGE and if i click on a wonder using IGE to add it to my city I see the popup but without sound/quote. If I use the rush button to complete one it just finishes like an ordinary building with no screen at all.

I have already tried:
Deleting cache
Deleting ModUserData
Complete Fresh Install
The 'no reward popup' option is not on

If anyone knows what on earth is going on it would be a great help

Hi sorry to bump, but iv'e come back to the game after two weeks and (another) fresh install and this bug is still affecting me. I have also noticed that it is not just the wonder popup that is not showing, but also the first time meeting a city state popup (the one that says the give you gold when you first meet etc).

The technology popup/quote still works so I really don't know why these other two (as far as I can tell it is only these two) popup windows will not show up, especially after two complete fresh reinstalls.

Has anyone else ever had this issue? i've failed to find anyone with a similar problem with google and I'm completely stumped by it.

This happens with both modded and unmodded games. I did initially play with mods (including additional wonder mods) when this problem first occured but since then even totally unmodded default games have the same issue. I havn't finished a full unmodded game since, but i did start a game as egypt and rush the temple of artemis just to make sure. no popup screen. but as previously stated everything else seems to work (the temple shows in my city and the bonuses correctly apply).

Top Bottom