Host crash FIXED!

Ermak-

Prince
Are you pissed off for randomly crashing every game you host because it locks when resync window pops ? I think I just found a pretty good solution. Go to game folder and delete 'Chache' subfolder. Verify integrity of game files afterwards. Launch in Dx 10-11 even if you have windows 8. And make sure to check PITBOSS option in game you hosting. In several days of continuous play it really improved stability. Only one time it crashed for me as a host, and even then I was able to rejoin thru my friend and it continued perfectly. Make note, before it would lock up every game.

Doesn't Pitboss make it so that the AI never takes over? So if some one leaves you have a civ doing nothing as opposed to an AI doing something.

I think the stability would have more to do with pitboss removing AI movements than anything.

AI, CS and Barb movements seem to be what causes most of the crashes. Especially when an AI takes over for a human.

If someone leaves pitboss will hold the spot and run the timer till last second, but also make moves for the player. You can always "kick" the player who already left so AI completly takes over. I wasnt talking about MOST crashes, I was talking about HOST CRASH which basically prevents 80% of players from hosting a game. Everytime there is resync leader screen it locks up for host and crashes. This started about 2 years ago after one of those patches. Strangly, for some people this was never a problem, but for most it is. With pitboss on and chache folder deleted, it never resyncs- even if players leave so you dont crash.

What do you mean when you say things like "80% of the people can't host, it's a crapshoot and has nothing to do with computer/internet"?

specifically what do you count as "person"?

because if you simply need a different steam account, all you need is to make another steam account and enable family sharing (which will allow you to play steam games that belongs to any account that registered on the computer, to up to 50 accounts).

Or do you mean it's dependent on computers? In that case if you buy 5 computers, you should have one that can host?

So what do you mean exactly.

What do you mean when you say things like "80% of the people can't host, it's a crapshoot and has nothing to do with computer/internet"?

specifically what do you count as "person"?

because if you simply need a different steam account, all you need is to make another steam account and enable family sharing (which will allow you to play steam games that belongs to any account that registered on the computer, to up to 50 accounts).

Or do you mean it's dependent on computers? In that case if you buy 5 computers, you should have one that can host?

So what do you mean exactly.

I believe it has to do with a clash between the civ 5 code and 80% of people's computers. Whether you crash or not has nothing to do with specs or performance. It is a complete crap shoot for real. I believe the clash is with the video card. Civ 5 just doesn't like some video cards.

When I host it freezes up for no apparent reason when my computer and internet far exceed the specs needed for civ.

So yes, the best approach would be to buy 5 computers and see which one is "compatible" with civ 5.

After 2 years of crashing during EVERY resync while hosting, I finally had a leader screen last night and it resynced fine. This is nothing short of a miracle. I know windowds 8 released several patches very recently, which could explain it. Also, windows 10 comming later this month- this could really fix the host-crash for good.

After 2 years of crashing during EVERY resync while hosting, I finally had a leader screen last night and it resynced fine. This is nothing short of a miracle. I know windowds 8 released several patches very recently, which could explain it. Also, windows 10 comming later this month- this could really fix the host-crash for good.

The sad thing is that windows updates and new OS's are equally as likely to make things worse as they are to make things better. It's just completely random what the game seems to work with.

I know some one with an old piece of junk computer who can host with stability and people with new awesome machines who freeze up instantly in MP as host.

You make a trouble ticket with the BBB about this and they attempt to make you believe something is wrong with your system when it is their shoddy code.

BBB is siding with firaxis on this issue?

From what I saw Firaxis made it appear that they were providing customer service and attempting to resolve the issue. Obviously they were not attempting to do so since the problem still persists more than a year later.

I believe that the BBB only gives a company a bad rep if they feel that the company is not attempting to resolve the situation or gets a large number of complaints compared to their volume.

Top Bottom