Are you looking forward to Civ World?

Are you looking forward to Civ World?

• Yes, and are planning to pay for premium currency

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Yes, but will only pay for free

Votes: 65 23.7%
  • Will play for the first few months, then probably lose interest

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Will have a quick look to see what the fuss is about, then will probably leave it

Votes: 52 19.0%
  • Not at all interested

Votes: 95 34.7%
  • Will have to wait and see what happens when its released

Votes: 33 12.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
I will try it, no doubt. Then I’ll know if it’s a good game or not. It’s free to play so what’s the problem.

I also tried Civ Rev (free download) but I didn’t like that game at all and I didn't play it for more than an hour. Well, now I know.

If it's like travian, I'll be really excited the first month of the game, and then lose interest. Mainly because I'll fall to much behind in school...:sad:

I hope this will make a lot of money for Firaxis so they'll use it to make a sequel for SMAC

That's not how it works. If Civ World makes a lot of money, we're going to be less likely to see a SMAC II (or rather, because of the issue over who owns the name, a spiritual successor to SMAC.) Businesses don't earn money in order to make products; they make products to earn money. That means that they turn towards the profit: if their facebook game turns out to be wildly successful, they're going to shift their attention and resources towards facebook games and away from their existing lines of products.

Granted, this is oversimplified -- there are crossover-effects and positive and negative synergies and resources can't always be reallocated that easily. The general principle holds, though: businesses are in it for the money, and they'll go where the money are. If you are not also where the money are, they are going to leave you behind.

My is that some of the, um, teenagers on Facebook that will inevitably give it a try will like it enough to upgrade to the real thing.

I'll give it a chance, seeing that it's free-to-play. Nothing can beat proper Civ though.

I'll definitely give it a fair shake, even though it won't be as deep as other civ games it could still be really fun. I like all types of games so it might be good.

One thing I can't understand though is the moral outrage at the mere idea of signing up for a Facebook account. It's just a website, and you don't even have to add any friends if you don't want to. Could someone please give me an explanation of that one?

Well I've no interest in the disaster that was Civ 5, so why should I have any interest in a slimmed down version of it, played on a platform that I will not be using (while I have a facebook page, at the moment it's solely used to see pictures of the various holidays my brother takes) and which will cost me to extra to unlock even the most remotely useful stuff.

I picked that I'd play for the first few months and lose interest. However, it's possibly a bit more complex than that. I intentionally don't get involved in facebook games because they can be huge time wasters. Even if it's the best facebook game ever, it's a style of play that I'll force myself off of because they can essentially form your schedule.

i just hope i dosen't flop too much

The only reason i'd want this game to do well is to encourage them to expand their horizons on the "hardcore" civ flagship.

Otherwise, I have no interest and will never play.

One of the articles stated this summer, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Didn't they say Open Beta this summer? I suppose that's essentially the same thing, though.

Top Bottom