CivFanatics and the beta

2K Greg

<span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un
Update: This offer is now closed. Thank you all for showing so much interest.

Those of you who followed the directions but have not gotten in to the beta yet will still be getting it. You should receive an invite either this week or the next.

Original Post said:
Hey guys,

As you may have heard on the Facebook page, CivWorld will be entering Closed Beta either this week or the next. (More details here.)

I wanted to let you guys know that anyone who signed up using the "Civ Fanatics" team name will be let in to the Closed Beta in the first wave. Consider it a thank you for being such an awesome community. :)

*instructions removed*

I joined, the name is Stefan Kaleta

Signed up as James Jones

I cant, I get a page error! :( ????

Guys, please think of data privacy.
Some people might want to think again if it's a good idea to get their facebook account connected to their CFC name.

those concerned with privacy are to paranoid to use facebook anyways.

Um, will my full name, birthday, and email be released to everyone else playing? I would prefer to keep those private.

Um, will my full name, birthday, and email be released to everyone else playing? I would prefer to keep those private.

There is a setting in Facebook where you can state who has what rights to your privacy. As in only friends, public, or whatever.

Some people might want to think again if it's a good idea to get their facebook account connected to their CFC name.

Yes, it's worth noting that you don't need to post your full name here to let me know. The posts here are mainly to ensure that it's CFC members that are signing up. If I get considerably more CFC signups than there are posts here, I may need to validate them manually.

I signed up. I put down KungFuMonkey52 for my Civ World name and my Facebook handle is Forrest Zelda.

P.S. Thanks Greg!

There's about 3 other people in America with my name, and one of those even has the same middle name. If anyone wants to come stalk me because they saw my name on CivFanatics, well, good luck.

There is a setting in Facebook where you can state who has what rights to your privacy. As in only friends, public, or whatever.

Yes but you also have to enter them when you register (on a non-facebook site). The information entered there, will that be shared?

Just signed up at the Alpha site for the Beta test; hope it was the right place.

I put my CivFanatics name, CommandoBob, in the team captain field, just to identify myself. Hope that doesn't cause any confusion.

Top Bottom