Looking for players who find a particular style appealing

TheSubterra

Chieftain
Okay, so essentially a small hand full of friends and myself enjoy Civ4: BTS and play a bit differently than how we used to (and how everyone else seems to play nowadays)
We call it 'global' style gameplay, essentially we attempt to create a sort of marriage between a teamer and an FFA with heavier emphasis on international dialogue, negotiations, alliance blocs and military and economic pacts and nations sharing common religion etc.
Basically we don't like to simply wipe out all of our neighbors when we play the game, instead we like to kind of build a real world-like atmosphere, trying to make more mutual protection pacts and vassal states to lead up to a more complex, and full ww1 or ww2 type of scenario eventually (and NATO/Warsaw Pact-like alliances also form quite often)
We essentially like for the teams to form a bit more 'organically', sharing technology is even left on to help build up other nations that might get a bit left behind but could become a valuable ally if bolstered and 'investment' is made in them ;)
So, tons of dialogue and talking and negotiation is critical in this gameplay style and naturally we're looking for other players who can chat it up a bit! We play almost every night at 9PM Central U.S. Time, please feel free to add me on Steam or Evolve if you're interested!
-Steam ID : thesubterratheory
-Evolve ID : thesubterra

First of all welcome to the forum, secondly there is a dedicated multiplayer subforum for this kind of thing and thirdly I just added you on Steam. :D

We're going to start using a scheduling system soon hopefully and better function with our continuing games :D

First time I see this thread. Wrong place, as pointed by more experienced forum users. People can always be civil while decoding misunderstandings in game. Instead of saying didn't you read my thread (and I will say no) you just disconnect players. Who broke no rules. Clear abuse of host powers. Things could have been settled before I even reach Washington! Very immature :(

Here's the Cliff's Notes version of what happened:

Tigranes and Subterra start next to each other.
Tigranes invades Subterra.
Subterra (ab)uses his powers as host to ban Tigranes and me from our Evolve party. (Note that I had nothing to do with it as I was completely isolated on my own continent.)
Upon asking Subterra why he did that he accused me of being a troll and harassing him.

wat do?

Here's the Cliff's Notes version of what happened:

Tigranes and Subterra start next to each other.
Tigranes invades Subterra.
Subterra (ab)uses his powers as host to ban Tigranes and me from our Evolve party. (Note that I had nothing to do with it as I was completely isolated on my own continent.)
Upon asking Subterra why he did that he accused me of being a troll and harassing him.

wat do?

Pity. That's why I only play MP games with a close group of friends, or my boys.

Above actions reminds me of Game Spy's FFA lobbies.

That's why I only play MP games with a close group of friends, or my boys.

That's why I don't play MP at all. It's too easy to run into someone with a lack of sportsmanship.

PBEM can be an exception though :) Mostly well known people, trusted for years. Mostly.

Above actions reminds me of Game Spy's FFA lobbies.

I dipped my toe in MP waters on GS a few years ago and it was a nightmare. It really introduces you to a very dark side of humanity. Needless to say, I did not participate in the MP arena very long at all.

I was invited to a Pitboss game with familiar folk as a substitute for a brief spell. It was a much more pleasant experience that I've yet to duplicate. As mentioned above, the key is playing with folks you know and there are several avenues. GS can't rest in ashes.

I do play like this when I do BTS... I always thought it was lame to create a real-world environment when you played, but I'm glad that I found this thread :crazyeye:
I like focusing on diplomacy, alliances, and the political aspect of Civ4.

Top Bottom