Final Fixes Reborn

Hi there,

I searched the thread without finding a mention of my particular problem, so here we go:
In every game I start, I'm unable to research Way of the Earthmother/Message from the Deep, completely locking me out of those religions. The A.I. seems to be able to get them though.

Running BtS 3.19 with the latest version of Ashes of Erebus, no other modules.
My setup for pretty much every game looks like the attached pic (with some more options like City Flipping
and Perm Alliances, but I think those shouldn't be the cause).

Anyone got an opinion about it?

Regards

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 172
is there any way to salvage a save that gets out of sync in multiplayer whenever you load it?

Hello, first of all love this mod ! :)

I have the same problem as last page post (702). Resources/yields not showing, police size problem, nothing shown in upper city bar. Gamebreaking sadly :(.
I reverted the steam update and nothing. Also reinstalled completely Civ-Vanilla+War+BTS+3.9 somewhere else (I know it's the same as reverting steam but who knows..) but didnt't work either.
The problem is with 13.10 and last version of AFE. RFE Works fine and FFH2. I don't use any other mods with them. Could this be a hardware problem ? I have a GC Geforce 6100. Thanks for any helm and this great mod.

I don't have a bug to report nor something otherwise meaningful.
I just wanna say thank you in the name of all the silent ones for all your work.
Please keep up the good work.

Hello. Do the SVN version, the last up to date version I guess, works without OSS in Multiplayer ?

Hello, first of all love this mod ! :)

I have the same problem as last page post (702). Resources/yields not showing, police size problem, nothing shown in upper city bar. Gamebreaking sadly :(.
I reverted the steam update and nothing. Also reinstalled completely Civ-Vanilla+War+BTS+3.9 somewhere else (I know it's the same as reverting steam but who knows..) but didnt't work either.
The problem is with 13.10 and last version of AFE. RFE Works fine and FFH2. I don't use any other mods with them. Could this be a hardware problem ? I have a GC Geforce 6100. Thanks for any helm and this great mod.

Same problem here. I have updated the mod to the newest version and it seems many things in the civilopedia have been broken too. I have a 1920*1080 screen and a computer powerful enough for the game. Here a screenshot for clear explaination.

Attachments

• Ashes of erebus bug.jpg
    Ashes of erebus bug.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Ashes of erebus bug2.jpg
    Ashes of erebus bug2.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 212
  • Ashes of erebus bug3.jpg
    Ashes of erebus bug3.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 161
Can we get the tower of mastery to give something powerful for building it for those of us who play without that building as a victory condition? I thought that Magistermodmod's idea for having units start with channeling 3 when build with the tower of master very cool in addition to providing metamagic.

Heya!

I have a UI problem, too. I have the game on steam and have reverted it back, so my pedia etc show no problems. My only problem is that I can't see the score on the bottom right corner, which means I can't see who's Lawful, Evil, and the likes.

These are the modules I have: http://gyazo.com/08436d988d01b405b0702c5b3f4062c4 (link to screenshot)

Heya!

I have a UI problem, too. I have the game on steam and have reverted it back, so my pedia etc show no problems. My only problem is that I can't see the score on the bottom right corner, which means I can't see who's Lawful, Evil, and the likes.

These are the modules I have: http://gyazo.com/08436d988d01b405b0702c5b3f4062c4 (link to screenshot)

One of the buttons on the bottom right hides the scores. You may have clicked it by mistake.

One of the buttons on the bottom right hides the scores. You may have clicked it by mistake.

I tried toggling that, it did not work. I also tried to hide the UI, but to no avail.

Thank you, though!

EDIT: I reinstalled the mod and it worked! No need to worry about saved games, because they're not saved in /mods.

Hi, I noticed this earlier in the thread, but I thought I would mention it aswell (as more than one person having the same problem means its much less likely to be a one off)

Playing Mekara Order, get to the point where I can make battle sluga from my slaves.

When I cast 'Create Battle Sluga' using the spell with the slave selected, it creates so many of them that the game just freezes up, making mekara unplayable.
Creating regular (worker) sluga is fine.

A possible workaround (if there isnt an easier/better way) could be to allow regular sluga to upgrade to battle/war sluga, they dont use promotions and xp anyway, so it shouldnt change anything. Apart from that, keep up the great work on this.

I found the cause and a fix for the Mekara infinite sluga issue. The following contains a lot of code and discussion. If you just want the fix, simply skip to the end of the post for relevant information.

The Issue:
The infinite war sluga bug is caused by a circular reference to initUnit() caused by the onPromotion event.
The sluga spell is defined 9456:CvSpellInterface.pv
Code:
def spellSlugaCreation(caster, slugaType):
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	if slugaType == 0:
		iUnit = getInfoType("UNIT_SLUGA")
	if slugaType == 1:
		iUnit = getInfoType("UNIT_BATTLE_SLUGA")
	if slugaType == 2:
		iUnit = getInfoType("UNIT_SLAVE")
	newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(iUnit, pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
	caster.kill(True,0)
This is called with 1 as intended for creating a battle sluga. The issue comes in the creation of the unit in pPlayer.initUnit(…). This is defined in 2628:CvPlayer.cpp which calls CvUnit::init(…) to actually create the unit.
Code:
CvUnit* CvPlayer::initUnit(UnitTypes eUnit, int iX, int iY, UnitAITypes eUnitAI, DirectionTypes eFacingDirection)
{
	PROFILE_FUNC();

FAssertMsg(eUnit != NO_UNIT, "Unit is not assigned a valid value");

CvUnit* pUnit = addUnit();
	FAssertMsg(pUnit != NULL, "Unit is not assigned a valid value");
	if (NULL != pUnit)
	{
		pUnit->init(pUnit->getID(), eUnit, ((eUnitAI == NO_UNITAI) ? ((UnitAITypes)(GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getDefaultUnitAIType())) : eUnitAI), getID(), iX, iY, eFacingDirection);
	}

return pUnit;
}
I won’t include the full source for init(), but the relevant section is about line 490, a block added by Xienwolf on 07/16/08 which “Automatically applies a Promotion if Unit meets conditions at creation”. This calls CvUnit::promote(…), which is defined on line 11080. This seems innocuous until we get to the last line of the function, 11185.
CvEventReporter::getInstance().unitPromoted(this, ePromotion);
This triggers the event handling which ultimately resolves into the python code. (273:CvEventReporter.cpp [m_kPythonEventMgr.reportUnitPromoted(pUnit, ePromotion);])
The relevant python class is CvEventManager.py and the method is on line 3073 (def onUnitPromoted(self, argsList):). The problem comes about 3109.
Code:
# mekara start - Handles wipes of XP from units converted to sluga
		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer( pUnit.getOwner())
		if pPlayer.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_MEKARA'):
			if pUnit.getUnitType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_SLUGA') or pUnit.getUnitType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_BATTLE_SLUGA'):
				newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(pUnit.getUnitType(), pUnit.getX(), pUnit.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
				pUnit.kill(True, 0)
Here, the sluga is deleted and remade to wipe XP on upgrade. The problem is that for the battle_sluga, it can automatically gain a promotion: weapon upgrades (copper, iron at least). This means that the sluga you just created has now created a new sluga! The new sluga gets the promotion, which creates another sluga, which creates another…

This is further complicated by the fact that the python eventing does not appear to actually be asynchronous (though I may be wrong). Relevant transition call goes through the core in 24:CvDllPythonEvents.cpp, [bool bOK = gDLL->getPythonIFace()->callFunction(PYEventModule, "onEvent", eventData.makeFunctionArgs(), &lResult);]. This means that CvEventManager.py never reaches line 2914 (pUnit.kill(True, 0)) thereby creating an infinite loop that endlessly creates but never destroys sluga.
This is not an issue for other sluga since the only referenced in the event handling are UNIT_SLUGA, which gets no promotion, and UNIT_BATTLE_SLUGA- the relevant unit of issue.
The simplest fix would be to comment (or remove) the block in CvEventManager.py, though that may reintroduce unwanted behavior. I have tested this change and it appears to work without issue.

The Fix:
If you want to continue playing as the Mekara but don’t want to wait for the next patch, open …\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Ashes of Erebus\Assets\pythonCvEventManager.py with a text editor (notepad++ recommended) and search for “# mekara start - Handles wipes” or move to line 3109 if your editor allows. Comment out the five lines below that line by placing a ‘#’ in front of any existing text. The lines to comment are shown in the last code section above. Save the changed file and the bug should be fixed.

I've stumbled across a bug in RifE and it seems to be in AoE also.

If you have two players using the same Civilization and one of them acquires a religious tech, the player who did not discover the tech also gets a disciple unit.

I think its because of this line in onTechAcquired
Code:
	cf.giftUnit(iUnit, pPlayer.getCivilizationType(), 0, -1, -1)

Hey,

One bug that I think should be easy to fix. I told the old RIFE team, but clearly it wasnt dealt with:

When playing the ILLIANS and you get AURIC ASCENDED, a godslayer weapon is supposed to spawn int he capital of the Illian's most powerful enemy. Well, it STILL spawns in the Illian capital, making it almost impossible to kill Auric. He's 75 strngth and flies with 12 movement and lots of upgrades. :p

Second one... this is a shrug. I have a fatal CTD, repeatable with the Sheaim. It's a huge map, 15 +2 civs (Hyb and Bas), single player, Erebus continent. I'm not doing anyting, no rituals, no wonders, no major changes, just a normal turn. When I hit enter at the end of the turn it crashes every time before I start my next turn. Something the AI is doing I guess. I have it saved at the turn end. so just hit enter and CTD. If this kind of error is one you guys would like to look at, then I can upload it. But, how do I do that? If you want me to try something, just tell me what and I can.

Thanks guys for working on this, please make it stable for us. I have it all on a flash drive and I've given it to 4 friends who arent among those who DLed the file from the site, we try MP sometimes, but the crashes and OOS make it hard, so your progress on this is appreciated.

The game says i'm below recommended requirements but I have a good PC.

Top Bottom