Rise of the Byzantines as a possible scenario

Tank_Guy#3

Lion of Lehistan
Since I know as much about mod/scenario making as I do about human psychology, I was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to make a "Rise of the Byzantines" scenario.

Even though they didn't rise per se, they just split off from the Western Roman Empire.

Anyone up for the task?

I have been trying to look for pics of Byzantine military units and I am, as of yet, unsuccessful.

Sadly it seems that it is just too late for a byzantine scen.
Civ4 with the ability to have triggers, should have byz scens as well, so you should wait and lobby in the civ4: creation & customization forums ;)

Why not have a go yourself? Modding isn't really too hard once you've worked out the Byzantine (ha) system that underlies it, and there are plenty of people around to give advice. You can be sure that there would be a lot of interest in a Byzantine scenario.

Plotinus, oh wise one... I second your opinion!

Well, I proposed kyriakos (varwnos) to make one, but he said it would take too long, it was much work, etc, so I dropped the idea. You could start with his city set, anyway.
I´m currently working on 2 mods at the same time, but maybe I could help.

Anno Domini's now not that far off - it's possible it could be done using the Anno Domini ruleset/graphics. I'm not promising anything here, but I could potentially do a handful of new units and release it as an add-on. However, I know virtually nothing about the history of the Byzantines, so I'd need help with that and a nice map would be...well, nice ;) .

That's true. As I've said elsewhere, I think a mod like Anno Domini will help people to make scenarios who might not have been able to otherwise, since it will provide, essentially, a ready-made tech tree/improvements/units for the ancient and medieval periods. Plug in a map of your own design, choose the civs and place them, and bingo - instant scenario. It's only a small step from that to modifying the rules further - putting in some improvements of your own and perhaps some units - and before you know it you're modding with the best of them.

Plotinus said:
Why not have a go yourself? Modding isn't really too hard once you've worked out the Byzantine (ha) system that underlies it, and there are plenty of people around to give advice. You can be sure that there would be a lot of interest in a Byzantine scenario.

I would, but I have trouble installing units. It would take about a decade to get it running right :rotfl: :lol:

Tank_Guy#3 said:
I would, but I have trouble installing units. It would take about a decade to get it running right
C´mon, it´s easy! IF not, PM me.

Top Bottom