What is a Succession Game?

Just one question (don't even know if it's related): What are the 'Epics' that everyone's talking about? Thanks.

The "Epics" are games (*similar* to our "Game of the Month") that are on the Realms Beyond Civilization site. The Realms Beyond players come here for Succession Games, so it is not surprising that their discussions sometimes involve references to the Epics. BTW, I believe anyone can play the Epics, as long as they follow the strict "no spoilers" rule over at RBC. Check with Sirian. He'll know. ;)

Are there any Emperor/Deity Training Games comming up. If So Please PM me since I am interested in Patisipating in a TDG to Rase my Difficulty Level up.

Thanks,
CivGeneral

Originally posted by Chieftess
There is now a new catagory (ironic that I'm posting here when one of my very first posts is the 2nd post in this thread. :p), which I'll post about - Training Day Games.

IMHO , great idea :thumbsup:

I see! Thanx! Now will there be a Succession Game league anytime soon?

Im not sure if im supposed to pose this question here but i see there is a limit to upload files via file management. What happens then? How can i post more files or how can i delete previous posted files?
Also, i'd like to know how u can make a link to a thread in a post

You can delete previous attachments via the user CP, there should be a tab manage attachments.
To post a link, you click the post hyperlink button when you're replying to a topic (with the small earth icon), then you'll get asked for a text (the part in blue with a line underneath) and afterwards you have to enter the link to the webpage (incl http://).

The easiest way is going to the thread you want to link to, selecting and copying everything in the address bar and paste it when asked for the link.

Greetz Jurimax
PS: hope this helps

If I had a idea for a SG-theme, but do not want to be the leader in my first SG ever (not to mention that I have modded my conquests.biq and woulnd`t be suitet well to generate the start save anyway) - what would be the odds to find somebody who would "host" my game?

I was thinking about something like "viking rage"

Archipel, 80% ocean
level emperor or higher, rest standard settings

Special rules:

Every coastal city must be captured amphibiously (if possible, this rule starts after invention if we don`t use a mod).
Every city must be destroyed. We want to burn the world, not conquer it. The only examples are cities with lighthouse or magellan.
If we would play this with the RAR biq, we could also try to ship the workers from the destroyed cities back home and go for a 25k victory with lots of sacrificing instead.

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
The SG community is mostly a shrinking pool of veteran players today.

Do not be too alarmed Doc, there are a few of us 'lesser' folk who are beginning to flock to SG's. In truth, if it wasn't for Brother Bede's invitation to his training game I possibly would have never strayed to this side of the board. Thanks Bede!

In hopes of learning from the vets!

Just found out about these training games... I'd love to participate in one, but I can't seem to find one. Here is my status:

Civ3 Mac
I usually play monarch/regent (win almost every time on monarch)

I'm also currently in a DemoGame, and I'm already learning a lot there.

I've been told they are not compatible, but I haven't tried myself. Send me a save if you like, and I'll let you know what happens.

@Peter: They are compatible, meaning you could take your mac save and I could play in with my windows os. Granted you can only play off of saves from a windows os if they are vanilla civ.

If you have any more questions about Mac civ I suggest you PM AlanH. He has always been helpful to other Mac players in the past. You'll also notice his sig even mentions Mac.

Civ3 is "Alt+Tab" friendly.
Just open both programs and hit "Alt+Tab" to switch between them.

Civ3 doesn't, however, appear to be "Cmd+Tab" friendly. Is there an easy way to switch between Civ and another program on the Mac? Should I post this in the Mac forum?

Top Bottom