Fix for version mismatch with warlords pitboss

Perhaps this should be stickied?

Using this version, I'm unable to click finish and launch my game.

EDIT: I figured it out. I cannot connect to my own game (I could with v1.61) via the Internet lobby... Or rather I can, but doing so prevents me from starting the game.

EDIT2: It turns out that this problem occurs with anyone connected... maybe I have to start a game entirely with AI and let people join that way.

Wow you are a hero. I wanted to experiment with one my file server box and I kept getting that version mismatch, I thought it was because of me playing around with XML files many months ago. I ended reinstalling Civ4 and warlords and I still got the same thing. Then I came to the forums here, where I found the soultion.

Bumped again and requested that Chieftess sticky this. This is essential to play a pitboss game. Hopefully it will be patched properly soon.

Ditto to that - I've been tearing my hair out for the past day or two trying to get this to work. Sticky ftw.

Ok, I'm confused. I just downloaded this file and ran it....and it popped up a window for a moment, and then that window went away. And nothing else happened. When I run the pitboss program that came with Warlords, it launches that fine. Though I can't seem to get the game I'm trying to load to run so I can connect to it.

Anyone know why this file won't run for me, if it's supposed to be a fixed one?

I believe with the latest patched version (2.08) of Warlords this patch is no longer required. If you have installed it I'd suggest you remove Warlords from your machine completely, then reinstall and patch yourself again.

Top Bottom