New Unit Series: Sten Gun

Another British paratrooper has been posted in the OP above. This time with a beret instead of helmet. Also some improvements over the first paratrooper have been incorporated. :)

I just edited the upload file on the second paratrooper to include Ares' sten gun sound. It's been cropped to fit the attack animation as best I can get it to.

I'm actually going to redo the first paratrooper. I just noticed the unit is 3 pixels larger than the firaxis Marine which I think is a little too big. :blush: I'm going to try to shave it down to just 1 pixel larger. While I'm at it I'll add the improvements to the run, death and Ares' sten gun sound to that unit as well.

OK, first paratrooper has been edited in the downloads database. The size of the unit has been reduced 2 pixels. The death and run anims have been redone. And the original attack sound has been replaced with Ares' sten gun sound. Thank you Ares!

If you downloaded the first paratrooper before this post, please go back and redownload the unit to get the improved version. Thanks. :)

You are a perfectionist, Gary! Your units become better and better, very good detail! :goodjob:
Great with the Sten! :goodjob:
Well, I need a russian and a german WW2 and modern paratrooper. (eehh, when we have christmas? :xmas: )

Nice additions, Gary! I think one could use one of the paratroopers for Canada, or is this too far-fetched?

Woops I almost forgot about that guy! Sorry Steph. How does this guy look for a resistance fighter? He could perhaps double as French, or just about any other European resistance. Let me know what you think.

Woops I almost forgot about that guy! Sorry Steph. How does this guy look for a resistance fighter? He could perhaps double as French, or just about any other European resistance. Let me know what you think.

I would give more casual clothes, and avoid the tie.

He need the typical french beret, like shown in the movies.

Well, without the beret I would think he could be used as a resistance fighter for other countries than France as well. I think he might be a little more versatile without a beret. Just my 2 cents maybe.

Top Bottom