Computer Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread II

There's only one, though. Er, at least I think so. I'll check tonight, but it occurred to me today that I thought I remembered there only being one HDD mounting bracket in the case.

Bit late to the party, just wanted to say that I threw out my optical drive and mounted the SSD by two screws in that slot. It works.

What happens if you buy a monitor without speakers and there's no speakers plugged in? Is there any sound. I mean that I don't actually need any fancy speakers to my pc build because I use a headset when gaming or listening to music. However I'd like to hear the windows launching voice and that kinda things without headset. What's the cheapest option to get a sound out from the thing?

I think you can get stand-alone speakers for as little as €20.

What happens if you buy a monitor without speakers and there's no speakers plugged in? Is there any sound. I mean that I don't actually need any fancy speakers to my pc build because I use a headset when gaming or listening to music. However I'd like to hear the windows launching voice and that kinda things without headset. What's the cheapest option to get a sound out from the thing?

What kind of monitor did you have that had speakers? Some of the older models you could separate the speakers from the monitor. If there was a wire that ran from one speaker to the other, then they may be standalone speakers just attached to a monitor.

I ditched my plug in speakers at work, but I still get sound through in internal speaker. YMMV.

Easiest way to find out on your particular computer would be to unplug the monitor and see what happens when you try to play some music on it. But as DF said, PC speakers are cheap. You can buy anything with a 3.5mm jack and plug it in, so the cheapest would be like less than €10.

OK, thanks. Still haven't ordered those pc parts and I haven't got a pc monitor with or without speakers so can't test anything yet. Maybe I'll just get those 6€ speakers :D!!

The local computer store has speakers for as low as $4. From what I've heard, the sound quality is about what you'd expect at that price, but you can get some really cheap speakers.

I have $30 speakers, and they aren't half bad. Not as good as my headphones, but not terrible.

^^ Yup. I won't be using the speakers to tasks like games or music. They just have to play those windows alert noises and log in theme :)!

Another question: If you have 3 fans with 3-pin connectors and 2 cha_fan places (4-pin) and pwr_fan place (3-pin) in your mobo, how would you connect them? And can you put those things straight to your PSU's molex cables without any adapters?

I tried to google this but there wasn't any clear answer to this, because it was different in different sources.

Another question: If you have 3 fans with 3-pin connectors and 2 cha_fan places (4-pin) and pwr_fan place (3-pin) in your mobo, how would you connect them? And can you put those things straight to your PSU's molex cables without any adapters?

I tried to google this but there wasn't any clear answer to this, because it was different in different sources.
My Mobo, many years ago, came with a cable adapter to connect fans to molex. You do need an adapter. I just did a quick check and couldn't find one. :hmm:

Are you thinking about a Y? Additional fans come with a molex plug. What you need is an available one from the power supply or a converter from sata to molex, if the power supply only has sata power plugs. You would have to know what the fan required. It may already have a sata connector.

The only reason a fan needs to go to the mobo directly is if you want to change the fans speed. Fans that plug into a PSU will go the speed of the current being sent to it.

OK, cool. I did a little YouTube research, so I got confirmed that it needs molex -> 3-pin adapter to put a fan to PSU. That's a safe way to power the fan, because the new fans will have the adapter in (at least Bitfenix Spectre Fans have that). I also found out that you can connect 3-pin cable to 4pin slot (which isn't molex) without adapter, but you might lose the ability to control them. So fans that came with the case probably don't have the adapter so they would go to motherboard and when all the motherboard slots are populated, you can put the new fans into PSU, since they have got the molex adapters.

How can I get steam to stop treating me like a stranger?

I'm logged into the app all day every day, but the website is always logged out, and logging in *without fail* triggers e-mail authentication as a bonus. It's starting to be a real PITA.

I try to avoid using the website for that reason, and the steam browser actually worked for me today, but after I downloaded hoxhud for Payday 2 it never opened the file, and it wasn't in my Downloads folder, it just vanished and closed my steam internet browser window :\

I have a new laptop, after having had money to spare. I've forgotten how to completely remove the M$ graphics drivers without them self-reinstalling immediately. How do I do that so I can install the graphics drivers from the manufacturer of the graphics card?

cheapest earphones? probably 5-10 USD. at least online. those usually sound quite bad , but still better than the cheapest speakers you can find.

You can get earphones for a dollar at a dollar store.

I have a new laptop, after having had money to spare. I've forgotten how to completely remove the M$ graphics drivers without them self-reinstalling immediately.

That's so clever, calling Microsoft M$, because they make so much money. Almost as much money as Apple or Google.

How do I do that so I can install the graphics drivers from the manufacturer of the graphics card?

Don't. Just install the AMD/Intel/Nvidia drivers.

Top Bottom