Ask a Gay, Southern, American, Teenage Curler who is also a Boy Scout

What consequences are in place if you get caught skipping?

Thank you for asking. I get written up (which gives me detention) and I can't make up any work in class for the day I skipped. However, because I skip the first period of the day, I can always just claim I overslept and that carries different consequences, I'm pretty sure. It's not difficult at all to skip because we only have one 'guard' or whatever they're called to search for students who are skipping.

What happens in your school if one gets caught skipping?

But but, counting your chickens before they hatch...!

Besides, even if the referendum makes it to the ballot, I trust you Seattle-ites to destroy it.

...SO you'd better do it!

Besides, even if the referendum makes it to the ballot, I trust you Seattle-ites to destroy it.

...SO you'd better do it!

Oh I'd vote down the referendum of course but I can't guarantee the parts of Washington that aren't Seattle will do so.

Don't celebrate just yet. R-74 may get on the ballot, putting the gay marriage to a state vote.

Previous votes are pretty clear, if a state votes on it they eventually ban it or empower the legislature to ban it.

Mango, what do you think about the Virginia legislature's decision to not appoint Tracy Thorne-Begland to a judgeship because of his sexuality? I think the Republicans here have gone over the edge with their new found tie-breaking vote, first the new abortion laws, then the voting ID law, then this. Also, do you think about gay-marriage is a state issue or a federal issue?

Not familiar with the topic, but obvious discrimination is obvious and shouldn't be allowed. Gay marriage is obviously a federal issue because lack of it violates several amendments, most notably the Establishment Clause of the First.

I'm not entirely sure. It's a Christian school, so everyone is well-versed in either not doing bad things or in not getting caught. It doesn't happen frequently enough for me to know off the top of my head.

I have friends who go to Catholic school, and they seem very sacrilegious to me, although I have some others and they're very straight-lace.

Top Bottom