Toku doesn't waste any time

lindsay40k

Emperor
So I traded for Monarchy just before getting Civil Service and decided to save a turn of revolt by switching to both (and Caste System) at once. During the four turns of Anarchy (Marathon), I rolled the 'old dynasty has died out' event.

Spoiler :

Obviously, Tokugawa didn't even let the new Imperial family get settled on the throne before tokking the lot of 'em to see who'd win the subsequent power struggle. Tokuuu! :D

Attachments

• ishot-102.jpg
    ishot-102.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 634
NIce. Funny thing though, I've only managed to get that event once in all the time I've been playing. Kudo's.

Me too - I see it for the first time in my life :O ... and really cool reward ! :) Thanks for letting us know that monarchy needs to be (ab)used more often ! :D

File under, "What are the odds but true," two days ago I had never seen it and yesterday I got it. I just didn't know if the reward was a GM or a settled GM. Turns out it is a settled GM.

Re: the chance of it occurring. I'm not entirely sure what all the columns in the CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml file do, but here's what I managed to piece together:

- It only has a 45% chance to be allowed to happen in any given game.
- It has a weight of 100. To compare, the slave revolt event has a weight of 500.
- It requires the recipient to have Hereditary Rule and a state religion.
- It never recurs.

So... I guess run HR more. If anyone wants to correct me about what these columns actually do for certain, they're welcome to it.

Correct.

Note that an iWeight of 100 is considered "normal".

The event is also global, meaning it can only happen to one player per game.

If anyone cares, I went with the GM as my cottage bureaucap was also a GP farm and every bit of food counted :)

If anyone cares, I went with the GM as my cottage bureaucap was also a GP farm and every bit of food counted :)

Haha, I actually did care. Your screenshot kind of suggested you were planning the military instructor option which I found curious. I support your eventual decision, well played.

Top Bottom