Democracy Production Bug???

laxduke

Chieftain
Quote from civilopedia...
"You are awarded by increased commerce and production."
As i get it , your production (shields) should be increased by one per square, or am i wrong on this?
If they ment for increased worker speed by 50% and increased war weariness
with no unit support and same level of corruption as republic, what is the advantage of democracy over republic??? :crazyeye:

It's not a bug, but a poorly worded civilopedia. "Increased Production" really refers to not being affected by the despotism penalty, and your workers are faster.

Chieftess said:
It's not a bug, but a poorly worded civilopedia. "Increased Production" really refers to not being affected by the despotism penalty, and your workers are faster.

Yes i understand.
I was playing C3C for a 6 months now, but everytime a random map on sid level.
I never get to "see" democracy on action, but i have noticed that the rules on goverments have changed form C3.
I studied democracy and republic.
As far as my calculations go, the only resonable advantage from democracy is a 50% speed increase in working actions, but if you want the job done faster, than you invent replacable parts and switch to fashism.
What i ment is that democracy is usesles because it does't offer lower corruption, it doesn't offer unit support from cities, and you get penalized for waging war for long, and get panalized big time.
Second thing is about the unit support, price of 1 gold/unit is "covered" under enhanced unit/city support from republic, so no advantage here either.
The absolete advantage is your cities could not be overtaken by propaganda, but when you are that powerfull to change goverment to democracy, you allready have sufficient military power and culture to protect you from this nasty spy action.
So i thought then if the rules offer one extra shield per tile, it's worth a change, and acts like a Golden Age :p

There is a reduction in corruption, just not as large as one would like it to be.

Top Bottom