Good EQM scores

Thnak you :)
Do the point-values I mentioned vary a lot across Speeds/difficulties/sizes?

I've never thought of score in the way that you described it (13 points for each pop, etc), so I don't know how your description hold up.

Interesting data for Time games max points:

Each pop is worth 13 points. This factor is unlimited. Packing cities together and fat sizes are important.
Each land tile is worth 6 points. This factor is limited or you'll win a domination victory. Mostly irrelevant.
Each Wonder is worth 16 points. This factor is limited to the existing Wonders. Mostly irrelevant.
Each Future Tech is worth 42 points. This factor is unlimited. Representation and a good start are key.

Do the point-values I mentioned vary a lot across Speeds/difficulties/sizes?

Difficulty and speed have no impact on the ingame score. Difficulty does affect the Dan Quayle screen score though (higher at higher levels).
For the map:
  • Each future tech should always be worth 42 points; similarly for wonders.
  • Having (e.g.) 50% of the land should be worth the same, regardless of world size.
  • How much each extra citizen is worth depends on the map: all the food on the map coming from land and coastal tiles at 4000BC will feed enough population for 5000 score.

So Time victories are disabled on all games except for Ancient starts, then?

So Time victories are disabled on all games except for Ancient starts, then?

Since in a time victory you use all the turns, the adjustments for different starting eras have no effect.
(Of course, you'd expect the highest score from an Ancient start, since the extra turns to build and develop cities (and frankly, reaching the later eras earlier) should outweigh the smaller tech costs of advanced era starts)

Boy you cut if awfully close, beating the previous score by less than 1000.

Somehow my game appears in the tables as 40000 points, instead of 25000.

I guess the values int he tables are final scores and the multiplying factor for winning at 2050AD is >1.

Top Bottom