The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

Battle vs Chess, 81% off on steam.

Amazing fun animated chess game for just £2.84.

Do you mean check vs mate? I cannot find battle vs chess on steam. It looks cool but ultimately I get bored of chess games quickly. They are good phone games though.

Do you mean check vs mate? I cannot find battle vs chess on steam. It looks cool but ultimately I get bored of chess games quickly. They are good phone games though.

Nope, I was correct, its here, 81% off for a few more days.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211050/

It was a remake of the old Atari game Battle Chess, and for this price its worth it.

Its great for £2.84.

Especially if you like giving your address out.

I got Steam and bought Half Life and FTL, both are beyond excellent :D

"Clear!"
*BRRRRZZZ*
*gasps and stands up*

YOU WHAT?! :eek:

But seriously, HL1 is still an enjoyable game up to this day. The HL source mod (called Black Mesa, iirc) carries it over to the Source engine quite nicely (with some modder's / artist's liberties, ofc).

Portal is also good, but I must say Portal 2 is *way* better. Certainly worth your money and time if you are at least a bit into puzzle games.

The only reason Portal isn't in my top 10 list is because Portal 2 kicked it out.

I know this is probably going to cause some people's hearts to stop, but I have never played either Half-Life or Portal.

While surprising that you haven't played either of them, since they are both extremely cheap (especially during sales), and Portal was free twice, it is hardly heart stopping.

Also you really should, they are both a little bit overrated, but are still very good series (although the Half-Life games do show their age a bit, but they have aged fairly well overall) and are must plays which are popular for good reasons.

Both Portal and Portal 2 are highly recommendable. Very good games both of them, not sure which is better.

I got myself Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet on Steam, 80% off :D

Well, Portal is about 2h of gameplay while Portal 2 took me about 8, and the dialogue is very much improved.

That's true. The concept was fresher the first time though.

Top Bottom