civ specific government titles

hzm

Ecco the Dolphin
I think it would be a nice idea. So for example with the current governments in Germany it could be

Despotism: Fuehrer

Monarchy: Emperor

Republic: Chancellor

Democracy: President (I guess)

Communism: Premier

Not a good idea?

Yes it is a good idea. I used to change just about all the leader's titles depending on their government in civ2. However, I could be wrong, but I don't think that is possible in civ3.

I've only been able to change the German Leader's title from Chancellor to Fuhrer (or Fuehrer if you like) and his name from Bismarck to you know who. But I can't find a way to give each nation a different title if they have the same government (you may have already seen them, but ccm01 has made some good leader graphic files).

By the way, although several people have made some good Fascist Government mods, I myself an reluctant to add any additional governments (I don't even miss Fundamentalism). So for my game I changed the name of the Communism advance to Totalitarianism and the government to Totalitarian, then made this the favorite government of Germany, China and Russia. It seems about right to me. But Fuhrer doesn't look right for Russia and Commrade for Germany, so I've had to settle on the nondiscript title of 'Party Leader' for all nations with this type of government.

"I could be wrong, but I don't think that is possible in civ3."

Perhaps it would be useful in the expansion?

Top Bottom