The settings:
version: .16j
Civ: Calabim, as Alexis
Map: Oasis
Difficulty: monarch
Speed: normal
Size: standard
Era: ancient
Opponents: (7 total) 5 random, Ethne the White (Elohim) and Cardith Lorda (Kuriotates)

Our starting location
Starting Location.JPG

The game file
View attachment FFH2-GOTM-II AD-0001.Civ4SavedGame

Please remember the following:
- the purpose is to have fun
- discuss how your game went and what strategies you used in a spoiler tag
- don't forget to state the game turn, the score and the victory type when (or if) you win the game

I finished. I beat my first crack at Monarch.

Domination Victory
Year 367
Score: 88051

It wasn't without problems, though.

Spoiler :
I bee lined for writing and the Amurites beat me to it. Then I started toward BronzeWorking. In the mean time, the damn Elohims kept blitzing me with Hunters.

I had 2 early lucky moves. Orthos came right at me and I beat him with 3 warriors while he still only had Combat II. I also popped Chartography from a hut and had built Pact of Nihorn. If it wasn't for these, the Elohims would have run over me.

I fought a defensive war and saved my gold. When I finally got BW, I upgraded my battle hardened Bloodpets into Mori and waltzed through Elohim Territory. By the time I was done, though I was way behind on tech (never cought up) and my economy sucked. I paused for a while, built my economy some, teched toward Feudalism and used Great Prophets to pop Ashen Veil through Divine Right. I convereted the Amurites and they were friendly the whole game.

Then it was back to war. I paused only long enough to recover from War Weariness. I was enough ahead of the Dovellio that I could always bribe them into war and keep them off my back. We were buds most the game while I wiped out everyone to the east of us.

When the game ended, it was me, Dovellio and Amurites. I had 62.54% of the map, so I squeaked by. My economy sucked. I was running 10% science and headed back to the stone age. The Dovellio had a huge army of Tier 3 units and the Amurites had a bunch of Tier 4 units and were at least 15 techs ahead of me. It would have been a hard fight if I needed more map.

Great game. I'm looking forward to next month.

Top Bottom