Imperial Dynasty Game II (Game Thread)

I have no problem with the formation of a council to make requests, opinions, etc but the Emperor IMO should never lose his dictator power. All in-game decisions are his and should remain so.

I have no problem with the formation of a council to make requests, opinions, etc but the Emperor IMO should never lose his dictator power. All in-game decisions are his and should remain so.

Yeah, I agree with that, and since the Emperor is in control over the turn sets I don't think we need to worry about the actual decision making process. I just thought that since the game is evolving, we should showcase that with more powerful 'Nobles'. I thought that by calling a council before wars would be a good way too for the rest of us to help steer legislation (actions in the game) to avoid missed opportunities. The Emperor however will make whatever moves he feels he needs to do. If that's counter to the 'councils' wishes, well that's why we have tribute polls after each turn set. Keep the council happy, and you may rule longer... maybe, maybe not.

Still I think it's a cool way to show the advancement of the current game, and since we're the only ones really playing, it's easier to implement something like this. After all, all of us are posting on this game daily... that's a pretty darn good participation rate I think.

Of course this is your guys' game too, and I would enjoy hearing anyone's input on the matter.

So I guess the question now, is what is your guys' vote on the issue at hand. I would vote for motion allowing a council to legally convene before each turn session, and vote for a coucil to be called to provide consul on any foreign enagement (war) by our civilization.

Also, who should we really look towards destroying. I am particularly looking at Shaka as an enemy due to our worse relationship with him, and the more we can damage him early on the better. However I do see the point of attacking Egypt. They are weaker, just suffered a loss in a recent war, and their territory would be easier to assault. They could counter though on a larger front, causing us to split our forces....

How about this, as Emperor, I Huber the First request that out illustrious 'General' put forth a plan for a war against Shaka, and a seperate plan for dealing with Egypt. I will review these detailed plans and will move forward from there...

I agree 100% concerning the council. It will be hard for our General to evaluate a war strategy without some intel. We need to get a good idea about both civs military strength in the next turn session.

Excellent. As I see it, the Lords from Octavia, Huber, and Artok have agreed with the proposed motion. Since no vote against has been raised, I hereby declare that the motion passes.

The amendment to the rules is as follows:

Before an Emperor plays a turn session the 'Council of Lords' can assemble and provide consul for the Emperor to hear. All decisions regarding discussed matters though are in the hands of the Emperor.

Before any declaration of war against a foreign power can be declared, the 'Council of Lords' must meet to discuss options regarding the near conflict. Once again the actual decisions carried out are to be handled by the Emperor.

I, Emperor Huber I hereby thank General Caesus for his prompt reaction to the latest request. I await his strategies for any upcomming conflict we may encounter.

Alright, I have two battle plans, one for Egypt and one for the Natives. I'm not going to sugar coat it.... We are out numbered.

For the Egyptian Campaign, we will begin with an assault on Elephantine. We will most likely engage little soldiers in the city. From there we will attack Byblos, a small and relatively undefended city. Next we will attack the crucial seaport of Alexandria. By then our forces will be unable to take Thebes, so we will regroup, no doubt we will be attacked by our foes, so substantial garrisons will be needed in all conquered cities. Once we have regrouped, an assault on the capital will begin. It will be heavily fortified, and we may need to pillage the surrounding countryside. Therefore I request that the Arkan 1st Cavalry be used as raiders. Finally, the capital will fall and all will remain is two small and weak cities to the south that we can worry about at a later date.

Next is our more powerful foe. No doubt Shaka has built formidable defences in all of his cities, so we will need to attack decisively. For this plan it will require an obscenely large number of soldiers. We will need to pillage the country mercilessly in order to bring in such revenue. We will attack each city individually and regroup after every assault. Our forces will continue on the path I have placed until we have captured the capital. From there we will face little opposition in taking the minor cities left. Note that we may engage the retuning soldiers from Egypt as we mobilize toward the capital, if we attack soon.

Your Majesty, I request that we act soon or our momentum will be lost for both campaigns!

General Caesus-

I have reviewed your plans for an upcomming conflict. I recognize that we may be outnumbered, but I know that your superior training will provide us with victory should the need arise. I am carefully weighing our options and will take your recomendation for quick action in my next term under heavy consideration. Thank you for your services to the Empire.

I request that you assemble your troops outside of Arkan, so that they may ready themselves for any upcomming attacks.

God Speed Ceasus

-Emperor Huber I

I do not think it will be wise to attack Shaka so if we go to war Lincoln seems the weaker foe. Perhaps hold off for 10 turns concentrating on getting out as few more units. In the meantime we can convert to Judaism and request Shakas support in the war. This will force Lincoln to cover 2 fronts and ensure a victory for us. So I suggest we take Thebes then Alexandria (if Shaka hasn't gotten there yet). If we gain both cities Shaka will be choked off culturally to the south. Here is the House of Octavias' Battle Plan for a 3 stage attack of the Egyptians:

Stage 1- Concentrate all forces on the Capital of Thebes. I suggest training a few spies and try a city revolt. I forgot to check our EPs on Lincoln, I know we decided to put them on Shaka so I'm hoping we forgot to do that. If we do not have enough EPs then we will have to use old fashined bombardment. We will lose a few Cats but it is the only way our Swords will stand a chance.

Stage 2- Once the Capital is taken we will heal wounded units and send all healthy units on the road to take Alexandria. Once the wounded units are promoted and healed they will head south to take Elephantine.

Stage 3- Heal and promote our now veteran units and send tham to take the weak cities of Biblos, Giza and finally Pi Ramsesses.

As with all battles sitiuations on the ground change so this is a basic battleplan and subject to change a circumstances evolve.

Lord Arian, First Citizen-

Thank you for your input regarding the development of a battle strategy against our foes. At this time many options are being considered. Your service to the Empire has been considerable thus far, and I am sure that your vast potential has only begun to develop.

-Emperor Huber I

Stage 1- Concentrate all forces on the Capital of Thebes. I suggest training a few spies and try a city revolt. I forgot to check our EPs on Lincoln, I know we decided to put them on Shaka so I'm hoping we forgot to do that. If we do not have enough EPs then we will have to use old fashioned bombardment. We will lose a few Cats but it is the only way our Swords will stand a chance.

This was my original plan, however, forces in the captital are numerous and strong, and we will loss many in the assault. That is why I proposed the 'Spiral Tactic', so that we may draw some soldiers out of the captial, and wear them down.

This was my original plan, however, forces in the captital are numerous and strong, and we will loss many in the assault. That is why I proposed the 'Spiral Tactic', so that we may draw some soldiers out of the captial, and wear them down.

My thought is if Shaka declares war before us he may draw some od Lincolns forces to Memphis. Sort of let him draw what we would in the spiral attack.

I got a chance to go over the EPs and we are way to low so a city revolt is out of the question. I suggest we send our chariots for a quick peak at Thebes and Elephantine to give us an idea of Lincolns defenses. Once this is done close borders and prepare our forces for the invasion. Instead of spies build cats and swords while we are waiting to bulk up our stack.

My fellow Lords, thank you for all the consul you have provided during this council session. I have reviewed over the proposed plans, and looked into our intellegence reports. I believe that we are ready to face whatever challenges present themselves before us. Therefore, I call an end to this Council. I request that you all return to your cities to prepare them for what lies ahead. If however I should call for another Council, I expect that you all will come forth for your duty to the Empire.

Long Live the Empire

-Emperor Huber I

-------------
OCC: I will have our next turn report up tonight... Let us hope that we have a few more cities at the end of it.

'I have never seen so many fallen, and the rivers run with blood. But this day marks the greatest triumph of our Imperial Civilization!' - General Casseus at the Battle of Poverty Point

T 211
Armed Services Enlistment Act:

This act allows for the mass enlistment of slaves into the Imperial Army

T 212
'Waters of Life' discovered outside of Domgreind.

T 215
Imperial Native American War

Today I Emperor Huber I declare that we can no longer tolerate the advancements against our security by the Native American people, and their leader Shaka. Therefore, with the grace of the Council I declare War against the nation of the Native Americans!

Helopolis Captured by the First Imperial Army

OCC:The account of the war written by the Imperial Scholar will be included in another post to save time, and because I will not be able to finish the write up by tonight. I will however include when the cities were captured.

T 217
Auitzotl (Great General) begins teaching in Ocatavia

T 222
Draknith's Army Captures Spiro 1st Imperial Army captures Mesa Verde

T 228
Hypotie (Great Scientist) begins teaching in Huber

T 231
Egyptian Imperial Peace Accords: We advance in learning Currency.

Sumerian Imperial Peace Accords: We advance in learning Metal Casting

Operation Pinch is successful. Draknith's Army and 1st Imperial Army capture Poverty Point!

Treaty of Poverty Point: End of hostilities between the Empire and the Native Americans.

State of the Empire:

Spoiler :

Save Game:

View attachment 230539

--------
OCC All in all a good turn I think. I went hard core on the cats early on in the turn. It hampered the cities for a bit, but by the end of the turn they were back to normal. I know we discussed war with Lincoln, but I just couldn't do it. He's too good a friend right now, were gaining tech with him, and I can't help but think about Shaka attacking us should we move against someone else. We're just too weak to not pounce on. In the end he was not as hard as I thought he would be. I concentrated forces on specific cities in good defensive positions. Plus I attacked from two fronts. Shaka just couldn't amass the forces in one area to defeat us. Yes there were some BIG losses, but they were necessary.

The House of Octavia grants tribute to the Emperor and commends him on a great military victory. Shaka is our true enemy and must have been weakened by the Egyptian War. I thought for sure he would be much more powerful. As with all great conquests your gamble has paid off and our Empire owes you its admiration. We have also kept a good triangle diplomacy with Lincoln and Churchill which would have hurt us to lose. So all in all a great TS.

However our cities are seriously undermanaged so I will lean on the Emperor to reconcile this by the next TS.

Top Bottom