Imperial Dynasty Game II (Game Thread)

Well, we have 4 houses and since two voted no then thats 50%. Am I wrong?

No, your not wrong, but not completly right at the same time. Yes there are 4 houses, and two have voted, but since the Imperial House (Emperor's House) cannot vote for or against there's really only 3 houses that can create a rebellion. Since you two S.O.B.'s feel that my House is not fit for rule anymore (joking) there's a 66% against, with one house voting 'present'.

Yes it got a little confusing, when the game started I was counting all 4 houses but that made it where every house, except the Emperors, had to refuse tribute to get a rebellion. So if one house was MIA for a TS or two there was 0% chance for a rebellion. Using the 3 (non-emperial) houses we only need 2 out if 3 to refuse tribute to start a rebellion. Anyways since I am Pro-Consul should I post the rebellion poll if Civplayah doesn't have it up by morning EST?

Yes I think that would be the best approach. We could hopefully have our Emperor nominated by this evening, and get a Council up and running soon after. Once we identify what we need done, the Emperor can get going. A couple turnsets this weekend may not be too far fetched either.

My first act as Emperor are the Imperial Appointments:

I hereby name the leader of the House of Reichkaiser Regent to the Empire.
I hereby grant the title of Pro-Consul to the House of Huber.
I hereby appoint Vandal Warlord General of the Imperial Army.

I hereby appoint Vandal Warlord Governor of the city of Arkan.
I hereby appoint Draknith Governor of the city of Draknith.
I hereby appoint Civplayah Governor of the city of Domgreind.
I hereby appoint StormD Governor of the city of Huber.

It is time for the Pro-consul to organize the council for a new legislative session. I plan to begin the next turn session 12:00 AM Saturday (night) EST.

The House of Huber thanks the Emperor for his generosity. (OCC: sorry guys I came down with a bit of the flu the other day and have been unable to check things.)

As the Pro-Consul I wish to open the floor to all Lords. Also, as their are more cities that require representation to the Council of Lords, I request the Emperor make his appointments.

I would motion that the Emperor use his powers to expand the economy of the Empire. We believe that the northern realm of the former Native Americans, is a valuble plot of land that may be cultivated for the use of cottages. This could help to increase our bounty considerably.

I motion that the build ques for workers established under Huber II be allowed to continue, so as to created a larger work force to upgrade our new lands.

I motion that in case of an Attack against our friends the Egyptians by the Native Americans, we respond with desicive action against the N.A. and their gem producing city in the East.

What say you Lords?

-----------------
OCC: I will have an updated leaders list for the Grand House of Huber soon. I recomend that everyone take Vandal's lead and name their heads, so we can get the names right.

I agree with the Councils recommendations although I will not commit to a war unless it is defensive. We need to get our economy and research on track before expanding again. The Empire of Artonia is entering a time of peace and prosperity. Our armies are vast in the north and I am confident they can repel any threats from the Native Americans. I will continue with Feudalism, we need the Longbows and Serfdom will double our land development efforts. I will also concentrate on spreading Hinduism and impementing the Organized Religion Civic immediately. I am playing the save now I'll have the save up tomorrow...

Emperor Civplayah IV, Governor of Domgriend, would like to strengthen the economy, seeing as it is in a bit of a depression. Domgriend would like to focus on currency and wealth, and become an economic powerhouse. Maybe a market or grocer?

Emperor Civplayah IV, Governor of Domgriend, would like to strengthen the economy, seeing as it is in a bit of a depression. Domgriend would like to focus on currency and wealth, and become an economic powerhouse. Maybe a market or grocer?

Sorry I am a day late I'm firing it up now. My main focus for this turn session is the economy. I think a Great Depression is more like it. However our conquest has left us with much fertile land for Cottage Farms in the North.

Here's the save. Went on a whipping frenzy to jumpstart the Economy. I'll have my report up tomorrow.

Attachments

• Emperor Airon II AD-1300.CivBeyondSwordSave
    292.4 KB · Views: 115
Went on a whipping frenzy to jumpstart the Economy.

Hey whatever works. Seems to be the standard for each new Emperor. New administration, new population cuts... ha-ha.

Also, seems that there's a plague spreading around the Empire... Might want to have the witch doctors cleanse some things...

As I stated earlier here's my updated list of leaders:

Grand House of Huber Sixth Generation:

Family of Huber: Cassius Huber (Reight of Huber, Lord of the House of Huber, Pro-Consul),James Huber
Family of Dankis: Polydormus Dankis (Reight of Dankis)
Family of Draknith: Albert Draknith (Reight of Draknith), Joseph Draknith

Please feel free to utilize these names for the various positions throughout the next 2 turn sessions.

Can't believe we're already six generations into the game.

The Reign of Emperor Airon II

1060 AD
Anticipation gripped the land of Artonia as Airon the 2nd began his reign. As a politician he heavily endorsed the practice of slavery and with the war over he promised a massive overhaul of the land. As he approached the enormous crowd attending his coronation he quieted them with a raise of his right arm. "Great citizens of Artonia, the conquests of Emperor Huber have expanded our Empire greatly. I promise you peace and prosperity for our future..." The crowd erupted with cheers and hails. "This will not come without sacrifice from all of our citizens. Let us now look to the future and build an Empire that shall be the envy of the world....."

The Emperors' advisors brought him a summary of the Empires financial state as he requested.

It was worse than he thought. His first act as Emperor was to adopt Organized Religion.

1070-1140 AD Rivers of Blood
Airon II had promised his people to do whatever takes to get them out of the economic depression. He let lose the Imperial Gaurd and formed 100s of slave camps accross the entire land. The number of lives lost were enormous but scores of workers, missionaries and a few buildings were erected in no time. All of the people would benefit from their sacrifices and a monument was being constructed in Dankis to honor them.

1150-AD
Shaka canceled the Peace Treaty signed by him and Emperor Huber. Reinforcements were sent to solidify the northern border.

Seafaring barbarians entered Artonian coastal Waters and I ordered a Trireme be constructed imediately in Huber to protect the Huberian fishing grounds. Whipped it out in one turn.

1160-1190 AD

Our first ship was named the SS Airon. It now sails with the Huberian fishermen protecting them from barbs and enemies.

The Hurricane in Dankis was devastating. The "Monument of Sacrifice" was destroyed but no population was lost. Perhaps the Gods were sending a twisted message to the Emperor.

1200-1260 AD

The people of Artonia rejoiced the day the Emperor came before them endorsing the practice of Serfdom. This meant an end to slavery, the people were so happy their labor has increased by 50%. The cottage development act was already in full effect and this would help complete the legislation before the end of his reign.

The first units of Longbowmen also began training in Arkan and Domgreind.

1265-1280 AD

Traded Aesthetics to Darius for Horse Back Riding.

1285 AD

Began researching compass.

1300 AD

Marked the end of Airon II reign. The entire land of Artonia has been improved save a tile or 2. Most workers are now building roads to connect the Empire from top to bottom. Serfdom is now obsolete so a civics change is necessary. Most of our settled cities now have hinduism and Artok has become a good missionary factory for our Northern cities. Got a Forge, 2 Longbows and a Horse Archer out of Arkan and it is now constructing Heroic Epic, then it should be primarily a military unit factory. Octavia is building forge and should start Maoi Statues right after to become a great hybrid (commerce+production) city. All in all a good turn session though it took a while micromanaging all the whips and workers. Our economy is on the rise, Through cottage development and foreign trade I was able to increase research from 63 to 156 though we are still at a net 25 gold loss. This should rectify itself as our Markets/Courthouses are finished and cottages continue to grow towards towns. Here is the financial summary after Airon II reign.

Empire of Artonia 1300 AD-
North

South

Attachments

• Research1300.JPG
    Research1300.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Cities1300.JPG
    Cities1300.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 167
Emperor Airon II, Duke of the Dankis Family, the Grand House of Huber would like to congradulate you on a good turn session. Lord Cassius will be reviewing the information with the rest of the house this evening, and making his tribute at that time.

We would also like the Emperor to make an official annoucement celebrating the founding of a new family within the House of Huber. The Nubians from the northern realms have pledged their support to our great lands and requested official sponsorship into the Grand House of Huber. We have obliged and the Dankis family has agreed to sponsor the family until fulls Reights have been issued.

Top Bottom