Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Thanks to all of you! :D

If you ever do an update you should set their HR religion support to specifically be RELIGION_MANAISM. Setting them to Polynesia's works for HR and HR Edit, but if you're using HR Complete, Polynesia switches to the Eastern Polynesian denomination (RELIGION_PUATA_TUPUNA) because of the Hawaiian leader, while Samoa (and Tonga) would use the Western Polynesian denomination (which continues using RELIGION_MANAISM). Of course, I doubt the average steam user would even notice this, so it doesn't really matter and I'm mostly being obsessive :p

Damn, I thought I remembered to do that. Will fix when I input the E&D!

Will coastal roads connect to land roads?

Yep!

Congrats on the releases.

Are the Tlingit's TSL locations messed up for anyone else atm?

Tlingit compatabilities are an all-round shabby job on my part, so sorry about that. I'll see if i can get TPang to send the mod back over to me so i can fix it, but i'm not sure if i'll have the time. He might be able to find someone else.

Going to upload a new version now. Anyone have any bug reports for Samoa and the Tlingit? :)

just read back a page. There are a few.

I'm mainly looking for reports other than the ones you found yourself. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I haven't gotten a chance to use them yet, but do the Tlingit use the PNW splashscreens? The support file only mentioned TA in the splashscreen area, which to my knowledge brings up the Plains splashes. It should be "TribalAmericanPNW" instead of "TribalAmerican"

Thanks for bringing that up. I had no idea that a PNW artstyle even existed within CulDiv.

---

Anyway, so there's a tonne of new info regarding the new Civ VI mechanics since a press embargo has just been lifted. I've gone ahead and compiled all the info we know thus far here.

With all that being said, this provides us with a clearer route forward when it comes to modding for Civ VI. We're still unsure what we're going to do for the leaderhead style (matching it would be a fun challenge), but this new insight has gotten us thinking of all the new mechanics we can utilise when designing civilizations. Putting all of that aside for the moment, there have been talks of a priority list when it comes for civs to port over to Civ VI - so much so that we've developed one internally. Internally we have voted and we have a pretty solid outline of what civs we want to start working on first.

However, I do want to gauge what the community thinks as well. So with all this in mind, I'd like to release a poll. This will give us some insight into what people would like to see first when it comes to Civ VI. At the end of all of this I'll publicly announce the official priority list (and all the data & metrics in terms of who voted for what). Following that, we can have all manner of fun discussions regarding the actual designs for each civilization should be and should include.

Anyway, here's a link to the Poll - Have fun!

Read the poll carefully -- it's 1 to 5 with 1 being HIGHEST PRIORITY. Not the other way around.

Thank you guys for all the work you do on these mods. They are fantastic.

Also, are there any plans for more modern Latin American civs (e.g., Chile, Venezuela, Argentina)?

Personally I'm planning like a dozen chilean civilizations (out of which 1 is done).

DJSHenniger is your man if you wanna see new Venezuela and Argentina civilizations, as he's working on both.

Our World is doing a Chavista Venezuela.

And of course there's always the Leugi version of Argentina, Chile & Gran Colombia.

Personally I'm planning like a dozen chilean civilizations (out of which 1 is done).

DJSHenniger is your man if you wanna see new Venezuela and Argentina civilizations, as he's working on both.

Our World is doing a Chavista Venezuela.

And of course there's always the Leugi version of Argentina, Chile & Gran Colombia.

Thanks! I will check out Leugi's versions. Is your Chile civ on Steam? And do you know what leaders DJSHenniger is planning on using for Venezuela and Argentina?

You could even consider it 5UC's if you count the unique motivation thingy that the AI get when playing as the Civs (Queen of the Nile etc.) - though hopefully these will be easier to sort than the remaining four :p

You could even consider it 5UC's if you count the unique motivation thingy that the AI get when playing as the Civs (Queen of the Nile etc.) - though hopefully these will be easier to sort than the remaining four :p

It could be a simply collection of AI diplomacy flavor with strange parameter like (HateWhenStartWar_Against_SameContinent = 9) and things, let's hope modder will not have to code an agenda.

Well, I mean, those are pretty easy from a design perspective, I could probably hammer those out for most civs. A third unique component poses an interesting puzzle for a lot of civs though, especially ones where finding two components was hard.

I think the AI motivation thing though really comes down to what you can do with it, like seeing if it's possible to have, say, Ganuurru being friendlier towards civs with high Growth or Thanadelthur constantly trying to get everyone to be at peace.

Well, I mean, those are pretty easy from a design perspective, I could probably hammer those out for most civs. A third unique component poses an interesting puzzle for a lot of civs though, especially ones where finding two components was hard.

Well, that's my concern too. I wonder if it is possible to use the same UC for a group of civ that have some common culture. Like, mound building, for example.

I think the AI motivation thing though really comes down to what you can do with it, like seeing if it's possible to have, say, Ganuurru being friendlier towards civs with high Growth or Thanadelthur constantly trying to get everyone to be at peace.

Hopefully Civ VI diplomacy will be drastically improved from Civ BERT, where AI basically handed you an "Free Alliance Ticket" from playing well.... and more alternative of enforcing peace beside going to war yourself :p

Spoiler :

Malaysia's bonus culture notifications show up regardless if you're playing it or not. And he's walking around with Pesilats in the ancient era, so something's definitely wrong there.

We have some fixes for Malaysia by Chrisy that we haven't had time to implement.

In regards to the extra unique components - I dunno. I personally love the challenge of coming up with extra Uniques. It provides avenues for personal growth and such. I definitely want the Civ VI iterations to build upon and be better than the Civ V iterations.

For example, I'm thinking of canning the Prime Minister and replacing it with a Gaol.

Top Bottom