SCENARIO: American Civil War - C3C only

Currently DLing v4.0 ...

However, I was thinking to finally get in some real playing on that Deity playtest as the CSA this morning, but whenever I end this turn the AI takes forever making its movements, and then it crashes. I'm at a loss to explain why, but perhaps someone can load the thing and finish the turn so we can at least see if the problem's with the scen or with my install or computer. I'm of course worried that whatever is causing this crash has also snuck into v4.0, which wouldn't be any good at all.

TLC:

I'm at work at the moment will not be able to look at this until this evening (Eastern Standard Time).

I did play test / load each of the versions so I'm curious to see what the issue might be here.

Misfit

TLC, I tried Diety level CSA and it had no problem processing a turn. (I basically moved a few things, selected a tech and hit end turn). I saw a lot of Union movement (took a bit) and then it got back to my turn.

I tried your link above and got a 14k file the game does not recognize as a saved game.

Thanks Klyden. I'm having another real job from hell week. I appreciate you helping out.

TLC, do you want to load your game from a previously save turn to see if its a one time problem? Could you email me your saved turn, rather than making me fetch it from the website? (I know I can get turns from you via email because of our PBEM games, so let's eliminate the website as the possible save game corruption point.)

Misfit

(PS I noted the irony of post 1000 being the v4.0 release as well).

Update: To my total lack of surprise, it crashed. Loading an old save, playing thru the turn (invariably getting a worse deal from the RNG than the first time around - can't seem to find in what sequence I made my moves originally) and it crashes again at the same point.

TLC:

I have hunted to problem down to the Emperor and Deity level of CSA human only. Since the Emperor level was created from a Deity level base, it means the problem originates in the Deity level game file.

The Regent level of CSA human is unaffected and plays normally.

The problem occurs on week 29 or 30 but even in debug mode it gives no clue as to the cause of the crash. I found some inconsistencies between the Regent and Emperor / Deity but these were pretty minor. I attempted to correct them and playtest but those did not solve the crash.

I suspect that I will have to rebuild the Emperor and Deity levels from the Regent base and play test those.

Misfit

Hi, it's my first post here even if I was reading this thread for two weeks now.

I'm writing because I want to say that you guys are doing a really great job with this scenario, deeply modifying the original CivIII in a well balanced historical game.

However in many replies I read I've never seen the problem I got. I bought my CivIII and Conquest in France, and when I installed ACW C3C v4.0, it refused to work while loading the scenario. The problem is that in the French version, directories aren't named as in the English one (for ex. Rifleman is called Fusillers, Cannon is called Canons and so on...). I suppose it's the same for other non-English versions.

I've modified your scenario in order to make it work, and I was wondering if other people could be interested with this "localization". Tell me if you think it could be usefull and I'll post all modified files.

Keep doing good work

Originally posted by absolute_sad
Hi, it's my first post here even if I was reading this thread for two weeks now.

I'm writing because I want to say that you guys are doing a really great job with this scenario, deeply modifying the original CivIII in a well balanced historical game.

However in many replies I read I've never seen the problem I got. I bought my CivIII and Conquest in France, and when I installed ACW C3C v4.0, it refused to work while loading the scenario. The problem is that in the French version, directories aren't named as in the English one (for ex. Rifleman is called Fusillers, Cannon is called Canons and so on...). I suppose it's the same for other non-English versions.

I've modified your scenario in order to make it work, and I was wondering if other people could be interested with this "localization". Tell me if you think it could be usefull and I'll post all modified files.

Keep doing good work

Certainly that would be very helpful. If you would like to upload a ZIP that contains the French directory structure and give me the URL, I will add it to post #1, so anyone wanting it can find it easily.

Since its a pretty big upload, you might need Thunderfall to give you a login to the FTP site.

Misfit

TLC / Klyden:

Could I get you to try out these replacement scenario files?

I've tested Emperor and it does not crash. I've not had time to test Deity extensively.

I've rebuild both from the Regent template.

If these work then I'll revisit the post #1 download file.

Thanks
Misfit

I will see what I can do. It should be noted that the CSA did not crash for me earlier either, although I just ran the one turn.

Klyden:

You need to play 5-10 turns. In my bug validation the problem occured at week 29 or 30 in all cases (that would be 2-3 turns in).

In checking the patched CSA v4.01 Emperor level I ran it to 15 games turns both times without fail.

If you have time, check the Deity one, its the one I'm most concerned about.

Thanks
Misfit

Originally posted by Rocoteh
Please remove the download for 3.91 as fast
as possible!

Rocoteh

Done. If you wish you could have Thunderfall delete the source file off the system (which would break the link to v3.9 on Procifica's thread).

Misfit

Will do when I get a chance on testing for lock ups, etc.

Am I missing something as to the reasoning behind Rocoteh's request on removal?

Originally posted by Klyden
Will do when I get a chance on testing for lock ups, etc.

Am I missing something as to the reasoning behind Rocoteh's request on removal?

Klyden,

I was my intention not to post in this thread again.

Your post leaves me without choice.

Direct trigger: Misfit_travel redirecting downloads,
so downloaad of 3.9 will show up as a download
of 4.0.

General background: I have no intention to start
a flaming war and I will be as objctive as I can.

February 2003 - September 2003

I and Procifica works together and although there
are conflicts our relations are good.

September 2003 - Early December 2003.

Procifica disappears for 3 months, pops up again
in early December.

Until this date I (NOTE I) regarded relations between
me and Misfit_travel/TLC as good.

Procifica stayed for 3-4 weeks, then disappeared
again.

As I see it ( NOTE AS I SEE IT) relations started to
detoriate.

The rest is long story. I shall not bore the members
of CFC with it.

After the new year when discussons with Procifica
had collapsed, I was informed with documents that
Procifica and some other persons had formed a group
group to harass Rocoteh.

The other persons have declared it was a joke and
I have accepted that.

Should Procifica return I am waiting for HIS explaination.

I launched C3C3.9. The both versions were downloaded
1 237 times.

It took me many hours of hard work to create it.
Now I withdraw it.

As I had said in PM to Misfit-travel the only references to
3.9 have been negative in their thread.

In fact I do not understand why not Misfit_travel/TLC
used an ad hoc solution with regard to how miserable
3.9 must have been.

TLC have in my opinion (NOTE IN MY OPINION) acted in
way against me that I can not accept.

I am sure Procifica, Misfit_travel/TLC has another
totally different picture of the history.

I accept that of course.

Should I ever do an Scenario on ACW in the future, it
will be 100% independent of Procifica.

At last: I do not have any relations with Misfit_travel/TLC
anymore.

I do respect them ,but I hope we can avoid
communication in the future.

Rocoteh

Rocoteh:

I see no point in arguing with you although I dispute your slander of me redirecting downloads of your release. I have done no such thing and if you truly believe this, then ask the administrators of this forum to intervene. I'm prepared to accept any judgement they make. If you feel I have not given you due credit for all the tremendous work you have done you need only tell me how to correct it in a manner you feel appropriate.

I wish you well on your future projects.

Misfit

Top Bottom