FfH2 0.25 Changelog

I think Doviello could use some new unique features though.

And... What those features do?

I agree, at first the weapon upgrade was just a doviello thing, then it was a no building doviello process and now no cool feature, maybe some kind of synergy with tundra/snow???

Both Doviello and Illian units need to start with resistance (or even immunity, in the Illian's case) to cold damage. I would really like it if ice/tundra regions had a small chance of inflicting cold damage (frostbite) to units without this resistance, and if the regions covered with ice would shift around randomly(so units could get temporarily stuck between areas of impassible ice). Then, I might make Illian/Doviello units (or perhaps any unit with the resist cold promotion) able to move freely through ice tiles.

Essentially, Ice should be like flames but for cold resistance instead of fire. I think that both features should cause damage to units with insufficient resistance in addition to limiting their ability to move.

On another note, I was also thinking that, since Doviello warriors use weapons they find mid-battle (including corpses), that they should get a weapons upgrade whenever they defeat enemy units who already have that metal promotion. (I would prefer if the building requirements for metal upgrades were also re-introduced eventually, so that this ability would be more meaningful)

I updated the first post with some info on the unique features.

To be honest I dont think the Doviello civ needs a flashy mechanic right now, thats just not how I see their civ. I would much rather get a couple cool UUs to add to them to help bring out their flavor.

It would be nice if each Unique Feature had an increased percentage of appearance on larger maps. If 25% is standard how about 75% for Huge maps for each UF?

- feydras

40 civs?! Hell yeah! I can see the smoke coming out of my poor computer now...

This is definitely incentive to get my computer/internet situation sorted out.

I'm glad you finally see my way. :mischief:

Can you give me your original argument in favor of this change? I thought the forges were a nice thing because they forced you to make a decision--build more stuff in this city or build a forge so you don't have to move your units to a city with a forge anymore. Sure it's annoying to do so, but it was a nice mechanic.

Probably AI issue?
More annoying than that is for me building archery ranges. Having to reshuffle my defenses every time I have to upgrade warriors->archers->longbows is annoying, and AI seems to have problems with this, so it defends with warriors.

But I suppose BtS AI is better and cost of Archery Rangers should be cut even further or be given some other benefits (Happy under Nationhood, defense bonus?)

Kael now that in BtS you can add as many game options as you want is there any plan to introduce a game option which nerf combat experience?
I always play on Marathon games, and it's really easy to have an hero getting up to 500 xp or even some units getting x00 xp.
Heroes so much experienced if supported by a few units like a Medic can really destroy entire civilizations which are also more advanced than you, and honestly i think that destroying entire civs with only one hero and a bunch of units is some sort of gameplay abuse, nerfing combat experience gains would also force you to use heroes more carefully and in smarter ways.
Perhaps coming back to vanilla civ levels to gain experience or even AoI levels to gain experience could really help game balance in longer speeds, where combat experience is not as balanced as on normal speed.

Can you give me your original argument in favor of this change? I thought the forges were a nice thing because they forced you to make a decision--build more stuff in this city or build a forge so you don't have to move your units to a city with a forge anymore. Sure it's annoying to do so, but it was a nice mechanic.

In the end it came down to a few things.

1. Its easier on the AI to not require them.
2. Its less of a hassle to the player to not have them.
3. Its less CPU/Code to not handle them, especially since I run through the weapons checks frequently

But the first options was really the one that pushed it.

Kael now that in BtS you can add as many game options as you want is there any plan to introduce a game option which nerf combat experience?
I always play on Marathon games, and it's really easy to have an hero getting up to 500 xp or even some units getting x00 xp.
Heroes so much experienced if supported by a few units like a Medic can really destroy entire civilizations which are also more advanced than you, and honestly i think that destroying entire civs with only one hero and a bunch of units is some sort of gameplay abuse, nerfing combat experience gains would also force you to use heroes more carefully and in smarter ways.
Perhaps coming back to vanilla civ levels to gain experience or even AoI levels to gain experience could really help game balance in longer speeds, where combat experience is not as balanced as on normal speed.

Yeah, thats a good idea. I will see what I can do.

Speaking of it, that is more a problem of marathon game speed than a game option. Instead of game option to reduce xp, it would probably be better to reduce overall xp gain on marathon speed.

I personally still think there needs to be building or at least technology requirements for the weapons promotions. Getting Mithril early on is way too powerful.

Of course, this is much more of a problem the way I usually modify the Mines of Galdur. I want it to be useful at all points in the game, so I change the 3 free Iron to 1 free Copper (or sometimes Gold), 1 free Iron, and 1 free Mithril. Still, if you manage to capture the Dragon horde early (like with a highly promoted Rantine, cheating, or taking advantage of the unloading-a-unit-from-the-Trojan-horse-while-inside-the-barbarian-city exploit) then the game would just as unbalanced.

I guess the remaider of the wonder slideshows/movies I created (even the ones that you had asked me to revise) don't make the cut then... :(

I usually come around eventually. :)

IIRC the reason to move forges from Smelting to Bronze Working was because bronze weapons required a forge. Now this is no longer the case, how about changing Forges back to how they were before? Prereq Smelting, cost 250, +25% hammers, +1 engineer slot, +1 happiness with gold.

Top Bottom