FfH2 0.31 Changelog

Hmm....maybe, but I think I'll wait for an official response instead of taking your word for it.;)

(On the subject of "Sing", I'm thinking of giving this ability to Great Barbs too in my modmod, but I'd probably want to change songs if I do. I'm also adding some useful abilities, like letting Great Engineers build everything workers can but faster, letting Great Sages cast Insiration, letting Great Prophets cast Hope, etc.)

So, what happens if the mod eventually goes past patch z because of this policy of skipping letters. Hey, it could happen...

That's when we break out the capital letters - Kael's using the lowercase ones for a reason you know :)

could even be more mysterious, no?

Hmm....maybe, but I think I'll wait for an official response instead of taking your word for it.;)

(On the subject of "Sing", I'm thinking of giving this ability to Great Barbs too in my modmod, but I'd probably want to change songs if I do. I'm also adding some useful abilities, like letting Great Engineers build everything workers can but faster, letting Great Sages cast Insiration, letting Great Prophets cast Hope, etc.)

So, what happens if the mod eventually goes past patch z because of this policy of skipping letters. Hey, it could happen...

I think you meant Great Bards. Great Barb(barian)s would be a cool addition though.

I would still make it resistable, otherwise a single adept could be able to stop an army from attacking. it probably should have a high chance of resisting too

Hmm, you added a frostling unit did you? I plan to use it in my modmod as an Ice summon (I already added it, trying to use the graphics from AoI) :assimilate:

I don't suppose I could convince you to go ahead and add Ice Golems, Mammoth Riders, Polar Bears, Fiacra the Northwind, and Drifa the White Dragon while you are at it? :please: :worship: :please:

The actual units wouldn't necessarily be needed, but setting up their art for me would be very nice of you. I thought I had figured out how to handle it myself, but I messed up when trying to borrow the graphics from AoI; thus the patch h version of my modmod crashes as soon as it loads, even after I thought I undid all the changes.

While we are the subject of art, can you go ahead and use the old airbase/recon buttons, and use the parrot and raven graphics as civ specific graphics for the appropriate civs (preferably while renaming hawks "Birds"). These graphics are still in the Pak file.

(I don't see whats wrong with forests in the sea, especially if magic is involved :p)

I think its fair to say that we will be seeing most if not all of those units in the near future, well except for Fiacra (but Fiacra is just an oversized hawk model so that should be easy enough for you to add).

Finally, the forum is up again. It broke down in the middle of my post.

I expected that they would make a comeback eventually, but I was thinking that would be in Ice, thus not in time for the next version of my modmod. Could you push up the graphics' inclusion a little bit? (preferably in the next couple weeks so I can include them in my modmod and release it just after spring break, without needing to change what I plan to include)

I didn't actually intend to include Fiacra anyway, but I was thinking that larger graphics would be better for the upgraded form of birds I plan to add (birds with greater range and the ability to do air strikes, probably available with either Commune with Nature of Feral Bond). Fiacra actually seems a little too big, and I'd want bigger ravens and parrots too. I've never tried to resize anything. Is it as simple as increasing the value in the fScale tag?

"Winterborn," eh?

Is there really a need for a trait for this? I would probably have added the promotion through the <DefaultRace> tag. In fact, my modmod essentially already does that (but I used Cold Immune for the Illians and Cold Resistant for the Doviello). It seems more civ specific than leader specific (it would be odd in unrestricted leaders), and traits can only give the promotion to unicombats instead of all units (not that workers necessarily need the promotion...)

This reminds me a lot of the short-lived Horselord trait, which makes me ask again: can you make it so that the free promotions from UBs are granted to units upgraded instead of just those built in the city? :please: Perhaps you should make <bApplyFreePromotionOnMove> only apply the promotion to your team's units and gives these buildings this tag (or create another tag with the same effect but that doesn't effect rival units)

Edit: You seem to be in the habit of responding to me very quickly, but you never seem to respond to the whole post. Maybe I should start splitting my posts into smaller ones, each with only one idea...

Also, it makes even less sense for there to be a winterborn trait that gives the promotion, but for no leader to have the trait because its effects are achieved through default race instead. You might as well delete the trait too, and remove it from the patch n changelog.

"Winterborn," eh?

Is there really a need for a trait for this? I would probably have added the promotion through the <DefaultRace> tag. In fact, my modmod essentially already does that (but I used Cold Immune for the Illians and Cold Resistant for the Doviello). It seems more civ specific than leader specific (it would be odd in unrestricted leaders), and traits can only give the promotion to unicombats instead of all units (not that workers necessarily need the promotion...)

This reminds me a lot of the short-lived Horselord trait, which makes me ask again: can you make it so that the free promotions from UBs are granted to units upgraded instead of just those built in the city? :please: Perhaps you should make <bApplyFreePromotionOnMove> only apply the promotion to your team's units and gives these buildings this tag (or create another tag with the same effect but that doesn't effect rival units)

Oh, thats an excellent point. Off to the default race you go.

I'd like to request a quick bug test if you hadn't already thought of it: Make sure that if a Mimic kills someone with Equipment, they cannot steal the Equipment Promotion AND have the equipment item drop.

Your right, I hadn't thought of that. That is exactly what would, I'll fix it.

Always trying to remove the best exploits....can't you let us cheat for a while before trying to fix everything? :mad: ;) I was looking forward to equipping my entire army with nearly every piece of equipment in the game. :p

scenario screen? is this an early preview to ice, or is it going to have any team scenarios this time around?

scenario screen? is this an early preview to ice, or is it going to have any team scenarios this time around?

It is "Ice" spec stuff. I have 2 technical hurdles I need to accomplish for the Ice scenarios so I spent a lot of time over the weekend getting one worked out and Talchas is working on the other.

The team is mostly working on "Ice" stuff, but Im split between that and fixes. The reason you are seeing frostings, Lucian, polar bears, etc showing up in the change logs is because they are used in the "Ice" scenarios (and the game options to disable orthus, disable acheron, etc are all because I dont want them in certain scenarios).

Remember "Ice" is nothing but the scenarios. We still need to add all the features that are used in those scenarios.

@kenken244: yeap, still gotta add that.

So, who is Lucian?

I'm all for you starting to include the features for Ice sooner rather than later, but don't think that means you can stop tweaking the mechanics and move on to scenarios any sooner. ;) I'm not a big fan of scenarios (at least the builder-unfriendly, "rush" type like AoI), much prefering mechanics that can be easily exploited in modmods (and fan-made scenarios).

I'm really looking forward to morale and hinterland mechanics, which I think should be a priority for the next full version (it might be a little much to include in a patch)

I'd still appreciate it if you went ahead and included Drifa, Mammoth Riders, Ice Golems, and Disciples of the Hand (graphics at least) too (since I've had trouble trying to borrow their graphics) in the next patch too (no need for Frost Giants, since they are the same as Wilboman)

Alright, I was really starting to miss the tar demon split mechanic. Actually, I was starting to forget about it, so I was really missing it less and less, but now that I've been reminded then it simply must be added back.

Any chance you could go ahead and see about introducing more logical colonization rules? I hate the "2 cities in their own separate continent" idea fervently, and it really isn't good for certain civs (Lanun, Khazad). I went ahead and included an SDK change I found (here ) to allow liberating individual cities as their own colonies, and also commented out the illogical block that doesn't let you gift cities to vassals. (I haven't had time to test it yet though.) It would be cool if you included these changes in the next patch, or at least released the uncompiled dll quickly so I could do it. Also, I'd rather it be made so that the leaders you intruct with your colonies are more logical choices, probably starting with alternate leaders of the same civ, then civs of the same race, then civs of the same alignment, etc.

Why is it that the Winterborn trait is still in the game (or at least the changelog, item 35) after the promotion was made a default race? Also, the item before that refers to the promotion as a trait.

Top Bottom