Screaming Orange Pumpkins - RR16B - It's tax day again ...

Fractal can turn out to be somewhat Pangaea like or more like Continents...so depends

We need to decide on a Team Name. Offer up nominees. Mine are:

"Screaming Orange Pumpkins"

"Flying Ferrets of Freedom"

Silly question: its a fractal map, can we get 64% land with non stop vulture rush (and massive casualties?).

everything is possible with fractal imo :) and actually that vulture thing already crossed my mind have to say, but emperor is emperor, that's no-joke difficulty.

edit:

As per team name...since obviously it won't be anything in Czech I will take whatever you offer native speakers that will not hear too dumb ;-).

Will we do city naming according to some "rules"?

Ok , last intromission in this thread for a while.

The variant in succint words:

- 100% cash after getting this techs:

Fishing
Agri
Wheel
Hunting
Mining
Myst
AH
BW
Masonry
Pottery

- No Rep civic before Constitution

Have fun ;)

Actually, I was going for the dumbest name possible :lol:

I'm fine with a Czech name. That might be pretty cool actually. Just tell us what it means

We can name the cities after Czech models

LK147 LOL+++

Haven't see designation in ages.

What's Czech for "screaming orange pumpkins"?

^^^lol...that would be cool

hmm now that is somewhat tempting :)

ok I will try to translate your names

Screaming Orange Pumpkins = Křičící oranžové dýně (somewhat cool)

Flying Ferrets of Freedom = Létající stužky/fretky/čmuchalové svobody

that ferrets thing is tricky... can mean 3 totally different things.

first is part of cloths, second is animal and third one is ungrammatical word meaning detective.

Not sure which one I would like better ;-) and of course not sure I should actually offer something in czech since I am not good in finding out names ;-)

What about "Náhodní svědci výzkumu" - random witnesses of research?

Ferrets would be the animal. Fretky sounds pretty cool.

At least Oranzove looks like orange.

Kncici Oranzove Dyne!

Kricici if you want it without our specialities...

btw ř is toughest letter/sound in czech... little kids learn it around their 6 years of age and some of them never learn it right.

We have very nice saying that kids use to learn it

Třitisícetřistatřicettři stříbrných stříkaček stříkalo přes třitisícetřistatřicettři stříbrných střech. If you want hardoce mode you add before more "tři"-something ;-).

translation: 3333 silver sprinkler sprinkled over 3333 silver roof.

The start is not great but the resources are decent (wet corn, phants, nearby PH gold). Let's hope for a second food and some food to go with that gold...

I feel that under the rules as provided running a full SE is probably the best path. We can't do representation but we can bulb. We can always transition to a hammer-based economy when bulbing becomes unattractive as building research seems fine.

As stated in the earlier thread I will be on holiday from 1-12 May, so I will probably have some reading to do when I get back :). Will try to weigh in on the initial discussion if possible.

Edit: what about "Blundering Bohemians", or a Czech translation of the same?

Edit: what about "Blundering Bohemians", or a Czech translation of the same?

well that wouldn't be technically correct, would it?

we can just stick to something in English ;-) no hard feelings about it. Don't want to enforce myself too much.

We are not Bohemians...we are a group of friends which has Czech member, that's fine :) we can make some cities for me in Czech.

[Last comment from me about the name: Bohemian has the double meaning of someone leading an artistic or alternative lifestyle (from french bohémien), so we certainly all have some claim to be Bohemian... ]

[Last comment from me about the name: Bohemian has the double meaning of someone leading an artistic or alternative lifestyle (from french bohémien), so we certainly all have some claim to be Bohemian... ]

well you have to understand that in czech if I use "Bohém" it doesn't mean "Czech" it's 2 different words with clear meaning.

So either I have to translate it as Potácející se/Chybující (that word has like 10 meanings in czech :-D depending on context I chose the most probable) "češi" or "bohémové".

češi would be obviously wrong, bohémové is correct since we are all kind of bohéms ;-), but missing that double part.

So translating it is missing the point completely, if there was such point meant.

I like the Pumpkins better anyway and do them in English. i feel that is going in wrong direction now and derailing too much.

Yeah, Bohemian has a specific meaning in America as well, other than the nationality, although I always assumed that it originated from actual Bohemia, not France. In other words, "Bohemian" is an English word that describes a type of person, similar to what Van mentioned above.

Sounds good then, let's stick with a English name and name cities after Czech and Dutch stuff. Not sure where timmy is from at the moment, but the rest of us appear to be Americans or Brits, and we're all a bunch of bahstahds anyway.

Screaming Orange Pumpkins, then?

We can call the cap "Praha"

Das Kapital perhaps.

I'd go for settling on ivory. Happy cap is usually more a problem than health cap (and we can build granaries).

I'd forget engineering bulb coz of all the prereqs we have to get done first which we can't research ourselves. Its worth remembering that we can't run scientists until writing and we can't extort techs until the AI has alphabet.

No research building by the way

I vote to wait a day or two before the first move to be sure the rules are settled.

L or LK would be nice if you somehow formalized the rules... since I feel that is quite not stable yet.

the last rule 100% cash and no rep doesn't mean we can't tech ourselfs... so maybe some summary of the rules would be nice.

Top Bottom