Bugs/Error reports

Hm. A save file won't do much good if the bug doesn't appear. But perhaps you could post it anyway, so I can at least have a look at it. If quitting and reloading solves the problem I may need to add a note on that for the time being.

As concern the Titan class, it is a different (quite larger) ship than the Battleship and while it may carry squadrons, it can't carry missiles like Cruisers. It was intended that a combination of these three ship classes should provide a powerful fleet. So far however, I haven't gotten any gameplay feedback on this, so I appreciate you bringing it up. If you have any other comments, please feel free to post them! (I was thinking of starting a Gameplay Comments thread, but as said, there have been very few posts on it...)

Well, obviously that's not supposed to happen. Could you be more specific? What patch version are you trying to load? Are you sure the mod is installed properly?

Well, obviously that's not supposed to happen. Could you be more specific? What patch version are you trying to load? Are you sure the mod is installed properly?

I am using the MOO2Civ patch 4i full install, patched with MOO2Civ patch 4j. As far as I know it is installed properly - there are no previous versions of the mod installed, and like other mods, it is in the BTS 'Mods' directory. I have installed unofficial patch 3.19, if this makes a difference.

Unfortunately, there is no error message or anything. The game just hangs at the initializing phase whenever I try to start a game.

I cannot confirm that MOO2Civ will work with any unofficial patches; it has not been tested for that. I must assume that as is Patch4i/j aren't compatible with unofficial patch 3.19; that would explain the absence of any error message.

For some reason, when playing on Large or Huge maps, 2 civs get exactly the same colour (orange).:confused: Player colours seem to given randomly to the different races, but for instance yellow isn't used at all. If anyone could tell me how this could be fixed. I'd be very grateful.

For some reason, when playing on Large or Huge maps, 2 civs get exactly the same colour (orange).:confused: Player colours seem to given randomly to the different races, but for instance yellow isn't used at all. If anyone could tell me how this could be fixed. I'd be very grateful.

There are three XML files that have to do with player colors.

XML\Interface\CIV4ColorVals.xml controls different game colors:

Code:
		<ColorVal>
			<Type>COLOR_BLUE</Type>
			<fRed>0.00</fRed>
			<fGreen>0.00</fGreen>
			<fBlue>1.00</fBlue>
			<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
		</ColorVal>

XML\Interface\CIV4PlayerColorInfos.xml controls different player colors:

Code:
		<PlayerColorInfo>
			<Type>PLAYERCOLOR_BLUE</Type>
			<ColorTypePrimary>COLOR_PLAYER_BLUE</ColorTypePrimary>
			<ColorTypeSecondary>COLOR_PLAYER_WHITE</ColorTypeSecondary>
			<TextColorType>COLOR_PLAYER_BLUE_TEXT</TextColorType>
		</PlayerColorInfo>

XML\Civilizations\CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml controls what player color each civ has (the red line is where it is defined):

Code:
		<CivilizationInfo>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_AMERICA</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_DESC</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_ADJECTIVE</Adjective>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
			[COLOR="Red"]<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_BLUE</DefaultPlayerColor>[/COLOR]
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA</ArtDefineTag>
			<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</ArtStyleType>
			<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</UnitArtStyleType>
			<bPlayable>1</bPlayable>
			<bAIPlayable>1</bAIPlayable>

When I tried out your mod a while ago, there was an error with the pedia where if I clicked on a certian unit (think it was a battleship) the game would just default to desktop. I don't know if it has been fixed.

Just a quick note, as I'm playing around with your lovely mod for the first time: the 'pedia crash to desktop bug appears to still exist. Specifically, I get the crash when clicking on Battleship II. Battleship and Battleship III appear to work fine.
[edit: I also just crashed out clicking on the Scout entry]

I'm new to the Civ4 modding thing, having only gotten a computer good enough to run Civ4 a month or so ago, so don't yet know how to give you more info on the error if you can't replicate it.

For now I guess I'll just have to stay away from the 'pedia!

Very annoying. The only thing I can think of right now is that something went wrong with renaming those particular units, so that would need some checking for the next patch.

I seem to remember a note that this bug had been fixed, but the missiles my starbases are producing are being generated at the nearest star system, instead of staying on the base. They are merculite missiles, not regular nuclear ones so that may be the problem. I didn't have any starbases before I got the upgraded missiles to know if they work properly.

Also, I notice I can build merculite missiles at my star systems that do not have missile bases. Seems that is counter to the idea behind them. According to the 'pedia, pulson missiles similarly do not have missile base listed as a requirement.

Starbase-produced Missiles indeed autogenerate at the nearest Star System - which may even not by one of your own.

Apart from Missiles being produced without a Missile Base, I've also noticed Armor can be produced without an Armor Barracks (whereas Robo-Warriors require Marine Barracks; I wonder if this was intended originally as merely a boost to system defenses).

BTW, in my current test version I did notice a CTD occurring when using the Scout II and Battleship II Civpedia entries, as has been reported.

EDIT: I've added a note on the CTDs on the main DL download page for now.

Here's a screenshot showing that Anti-Ship Missiles (the 1st generation) can't be built in this system (I have the appropriate advance, but the Missile icon isn't highlighted, because there's no Missile Base -although I'm still not sure why 2nd generation missiles wouldn't require one):

Attachments

• No Missile Base0000.JPG
    No Missile Base0000.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 102
Glancing in the UnitInfos file, it appears that the level 2 and 3 missiles and armor have <PrereqBuilding>NONE</PrereqBuilding>, while the level 1's have the appropriate prereq building listed. Should be an easy fix for those. I have no idea how the star base missile spawning works, to offer suggestions there.

Should be easy to fix indeed, thanks. (I'll include it in the upcoming patch.) Starbases spawn/autoproduce missiles every 15 turns, but apparently there's no check for the ownership of the system they appear in.

Hm. I tried making Armor Barracks a prereq for Armor and Missile Base for Merc. Missiles, but the changes to the UnitInfos.xml don't show up in-game. I must be missing something obvious here, just don't know what...

I'm posting an error reported on Apolyton that I'm currently clueless about; patch4k is installed with patch 3.19 and no unofficial patches installed, but:

I'm wondering if the mod got isntalled wrong, cause when I go into detailed city view I just see ??? for the name of the planet. And I've let the game run some 50 turns and researched a number of techs.....I still can't build anything and there's no pop growth.

I'll try downloading and installing it again.

Well, that's been tried but no go; no error messages pop up, also Star Trek was installed and works OK. Anybody got an idea???

I'm copying the following post from the main thread, because it may be helpful in some cases:

When I installed MOO2Civ patch4k, it created a directory structure in Program Files that was parallel to my Civ4 install. I have installed a Civ4 more than once. My latest install is from the Complete DVD. Maybe the directory path is different in my version of Civ4? Maybe the installer is finding old stuff in the Registry?

It created: /Program Files/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/..
I have: /Program Files/2K Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete/Beyond the Sword/..

So, I browsed the installer over to the right directory and created a folder to hold the mod.

Miles

BTW, I should note that the auto-installer should install in /Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods.

I did a clean install of both Ci4 BTS and Moo2Civ Patch 4K full install. Other mods work fine. In Moo2Civ I can only do research. Units do not move and my planet will not build. Any suggestions?
Another problem. The Wormhole Spiral Map will not load past the first green bar. I gave up after fixing and eating lunch.
One last thing. I remembered that one needs to copy the Final Frontier folder and run the install over it. The instructions seem to have vanished. I may have forgotten some vital little detail.

To be true - other than the suggestion just posted - I'm now a bit at a loss: obviously I have installed patch4k myself and even MP tested it... My best guess is the auto-installer doesn't install correctly in some cases and (while installing) should be checked. Without further info I'm not sure what else to suggest.

The last 3.17 Full Install also had an auto-installer and didn't nearly receive as many error reports. (Perhaps I should try and reload patch4k without auto-installer?):confused:

As for copying FF files: this was the case with the original MOO2Civ mod by NCCSavage, but with following patches these files have been incorporated into the mod, so that no longer applies.

EDIT: Just wondering - is 4k the first MOO2Civ patch you 've tried installing?

Top Bottom