Better BAT AI

XMLs are text files ;).
Rightclick on the file -> open with... -> choose wordpad/notepad.
Then search for:
PHP:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>MAX_NATIONAL_WONDERS_PER_CITY_FOR_OCC</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>5</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

and change the number to whatever you like. Put -1 for indefinite.
Save it then, close the file, and you're done.

I've just installed this mod, and made a few changes to my "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Better BAT AI\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml" in order to remove a few civs I don't like (so they won't appear when the AI picks civ randomly).
I also added some starting tech/units to make the changes more obvious.

However, I noticed that all the changes were ignored, despite the fact I know for a fact the XML is being read (tested by making the XML invalid and the mod complains on startup).

Strangely, changes to CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml (in the same folder) is read and affects the game.

Any ideas?

Just played a game with this collective mod, and everything went very smoothly, it's nice to have everything, especially the visual enhancements and AI improvements in one mod.

Many thanks to lemon merchant for creating this!

This mod is BAT + Better BTS AI. BAT is BUG + BULL + a lot of really cool graphics and environmental effects. In a nutshell. :D

Any plans remain for any future updates?
I'm undecided as yet. The new DLL for BAT 4 will take a heck of a lot of work to make it compatible with this mod. Any XML or Python changes could maybe be managed easily enough, and of course, graphics are a simple change.

I'm concentrating on BAT right now, and I have limited time to mod these days, but I may look at BBATAI after the release of BAT 4.

In the meantime, I think BBATAI should be considered as finished, with possibly a small upgrade in the future.

Sorry.

-LM

Understood. It just seemed time for a 'bump'. BBATAI is a premier mod, thanks to you, Miss Lemon. Graphics and AI.....without 100 new techs and things....always loved that in a mod....

would still love to see the new BAT even with vanilla AI.

Thanks for all you have done so far and continue to do, for nostalgic minded folks still playing CIV IV.

Nostalgia, nothing. Civ4 is still the best thing on the block. I currently use BetterBUGAI because it appears to be more up-to-date, but I would really like to see BetterBATAI get an update as well.

Anyway, consider this post another small voice calling for an update, when you get the time. And thanks.

Nostalgia, nothing. Civ4 is still the best thing on the block.

Been off playing some other game, just came back to CIV, Funny, I bought CIV V on sale awhile back, still haven't touched it, so playing IV again. Yes, it is great. Would love to see an update here myself, however small. I wonder if the K-mod AI could get in here?

Well, since the last time I posted here, I've learned that all those 'bugs' I noticed are design choices from Varietas Delectat, changing the unit icons for some civs to better match their in game appearance. I'd still prefer keeping the regular icons for all, but at least its not longer a mystery for me.

What is a mystery, though, is that this mod incorporates the Global Warming mod but it isn't active nor do I know how to enable it. In the source code I see all the parts relevant to it are conditioned with #ifdef _MOD_GWARM , so I guess there is some way to enable it, but I have no idea how.

Civ5 has hex tiles! Otherwise . . . :(
So does my new bathroom. It takes me ages to get in and out unless I have a wireless mouse with me to advance turns. :p

What is a mystery, though, is that this mod incorporates the Global Warming mod but it isn't active nor do I know how to enable it. In the source code I see all the parts relevant to it are conditioned with #ifdef _MOD_GWARM , so I guess there is some way to enable it, but I have no idea how.
It's a compiler switch in the makefile. I can't remember which one atm since my modding machine is still packed away. You just have to enable the switch.

Beware though. I don't think global warming works right. After all, the whole theory is "unproven." :lol:

Any plans remain for any future updates?
Yes. I've changed my mind.

I currently use BetterBUGAI because it appears to be more up-to-date, but I would really like to see BetterBATAI get an update as well.
The current BetterBUGAI predates the release of BBATAI, so they are actually made from the same code.

Beware though. I don't think global warming works right. After all, the whole theory is "unproven." :lol:
I was wrong. The GW mod is enabled.

I was wrong. The GW mod is enabled.

You were wrong, but not because GW mod is enabled, because global warming is more than proven and you'll eat your words when Red Sector A sinks beneath the waves while I'm chilling in the sunny beaches of Siberia :p

Seriously though, I saw in the makefile what should be the various switches:
Code:
MODFLAGS = /D_MOD_FRACTRADE /D_MOD_SENTRY /D_MOD_GOVWORKERS /D_MOD_AIAUTOPLAY /D_MOD_GWARM
With the one for the GW mod being the last one I guess. But I even rebuilt the DLL, and it isn't working: there is no Rising Seas option for custom games, and global warming works just like in vanilla (triggered by nukes, plots turn directly to desert)

You were wrong, but not because GW mod is enabled, because global warming is more than proven and you'll eat your words when Red Sector A sinks beneath the waves while I'm chilling in the sunny beaches of Siberia :p
Sorry, I was out getting a tan... :mischief:

But I even rebuilt the DLL, and it isn't working: there is no Rising Seas option for custom games, and global warming works just like in vanilla (triggered by nukes, plots turn directly to desert)
Those are the flags that you need, but you also need the GW XML for it to work. That is contained in the BULL d/l package, with instructions on where it goes. ;)

Top Bottom