Considering starting a PTBS 24 hr game based on Earth 1000 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arckon

Prince
Is anyone interested?

Probably start it up after I buy new comp and use older one for a dedicated server for the PTBS game.

Anyone have comments, or suggestions?

New:

Got a dynamic IP for you folks to try, as I know Verizon is likely to change it frequently, but I will email it to you when you decide to join.:

I am getting up tomorrow (Sept 10th) at about 7 am EST and I will look at the emails.

The ones that are dated sept 10 I will do first and then work backwards to the 9th, 8th, 7th, etc.

This way people that want in can get in even if they have timezone constraints like Rich.

This is an alternate forum for the group to use for the game instead of spamming Civfanatics:

http://arckon.proboards62.com

I will send the password to each for the Diplomatic forum when they send in their dibs for what civs they want to play starting tomorrow.

List of taken civs:

China - Agemo
Zulus - richm
Russia - CB Droege
India - TE Lawrence
Spain - Mickeyj
Mongolia - Swiss1
USA - JoshC
Incas - Arckon
Persia - DanDRidge
England - IanDC
Korea - crazyjoe0813
Turkey - ForesterSOF
Aztecs - Mark
Arabs - Azzaman
Mali - JMaltman
Rome - Thallata
Japan - Platfuss
France - Azurimane
Egypt - the Ozone (lost ability to play the civ due to some bug)

Civs remaining open are:
Celts, Sweden, Greece, Germany, Carthage

Only four nations left!

Have at it, you'll likely have no shortage of participants. :)

IglooDude said:
Have at it, you'll likely have no shortage of participants. :)

Yeah, I am wondering whether to have changes to the default rules like no city flipping or destruction and no tech trade.

Are historical scenarios popular for this sort of thing?

Browsing the forums gives me the impression that most are doing random map games.

One way that seemed to work is having the PB person start an open server and kick anyone that does not play in 24 hrs. then invite the others that will play seriously to start a game with you.

OK, ordered the new machine and will retire my current PC to Bitboss server.

Decided to try a 24 player scenario to be loaded up on civ fanatics soon using the Warlords expansion.

It is a sort of quick start scenario with everyone having the ancient techs, two cities, two spearmen in each city and one worker and a settler in roughly the starting historical positions on a HUGE Earth map.

Want to have it cycle one turn per day and the scenario settings:

1. no cultural flipping for cities

2. no tech trading

3. no time limit win

This will kick off in a couple of weeks.

I was thinking people could contact me by email with their top five prefrences and I will put people down for the highest ranked nation that is still available based on the email time-stamp. But I want to make sure how many can play and so forth as the scenario might not allow a full 24 player game though there are that many civs.

All the Warlord civs are in and its based on a pretty darned good scenario someone (whose name I cant recall off hand) posted in the scenario forum at this site.

I want to get natural resources maps of Earth and confirm most the critical elements according to their real Earth positions, except that horses will be in the Americas because of play balance reasons and the fact that it took a very short time for horses to escape and flood their ecological niche once they landed with Europeans.

So, in summary, I think Sunday September 10th I will post my email address and start taking requests for civs and then I will post who has what on this thread.

Also, I am open to any suggestions about what rules to use, though I think the ban on tech swapping and city cultural flipping are nonnegotiable (two friends dont want them, and I dont like them either, hehehe).

Heh.. Posted before reading. Oops.

CB Droege said:
Wil everyone who wants to get a chance to look at the map before choosing their leader prefs?

The scenario already has the leaders selected for each civ, and I plan to post the scenario here after final edits.

Surely the layout of this scenario will massively favour the Zulu, Incan, and Malinese empires? Not to mention China which will have the whole of Australia...

But I'm interested, definitely.

I iwill post how to stake claims on what civs you want, the leaders are pre-selected.

You should submit your top five preferences, and I will post who got what.

The start time, DNS or IP will also be posted.

Trying to set up a DNS with a dynamic DNS provider to allow easier conects, but I havent tested any of this out yet, so Sunday (Sept 10th) is still optimistic perhaps.

We will use this mod (found at the URL below) with a modified map.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=179246

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom